iPhone help!

Boycie

How do you import contacts of a sim card you want to transfer mid contract into an iphone?

Don't say settings, contacts, click import sim contacts, cos it don't work!

And, the ear piece sound ain't working when I ring out? Works on loud speaker and with head phones though?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you import contacts of a sim card you want to transfer mid contract into an iphone?

Don't say settings, contacts, click import sim contacts, cos it don't work!

And, the ear piece sound ain't working when I ring out? Works on loud speaker and with head phones though?

Bluetooth?

No, turned that off, apparently, the guy who fitted a new glass in it says there are 3 chips, and one is for the ear piece, it may be loose or not plugged in.

He said he would jail break it for me as comp. thing is, is jail breaking bad?

I can't help you much Boycie, sorry - but Dav might know a thing or two. I know he jail broke his phone a while back anyroad and if he wants to, he can restore it.

AFAIK (I don't have an iphone, I'm an Android man), I didn't think the iphone recognised sim contacts from another sim if that iphone is locked to a carrier. So a workaround could be to import your contacts to your PC and then export them onto your iphone that way.

Another way could be to get your iphone unlocked by your network, that may mean you can just use your old sim card. Just guessing here, mind.

No, turned that off, apparently, the guy who fitted a new glass in it says there are 3 chips, and one is for the ear piece, it may be loose or not plugged in.

He said he would jail break it for me as comp. thing is, is jail breaking bad?

Who fitted the new glass, and was it for a Iphone 4 ? is so how much if ya dont mind me asking, my daughter has smashed the wife's one.

I would think twice about jail breaking, you cant update the firmware without losing the jail break, unless you pay for it again, and mine has caused me problems becuase of this. In terms of the contacts, you can insert your sim into your phone and copy the contacts or visit orange.co.uk/transfercontacts, this is taken straight from the quick start book and hopefully it works because I have just got me new one today in front of me.

Erm why pay for jailbreak? I do mine myself, free software off the Internet. Google redSn0w. Instructions out there too.

Untethered now available for ios 5 as well.

Because if he is like anything like me, it will be as clear as mud :-)

1x Pen

1x Notebook

Time required: Approx 30mins depending on quantity of contacts

Step 1: Open up your contacts on the Blackberry

Step 2: Starting from A write down the name and number on the notebook

Step 3: Open up the contacts app on the iPhone

Step 4: Add each contact to the contacts app

Step 5: Connect to iTunes and make a backup incase your phone fooks up in future

Archived