Recipes

Bris Vegas

Would any of you fine people like to help me out and post up some recipes of your favourite (preferably healthy) meals?

I'm starting to get abit sick of cooking the same meals over and over again and due to my location it's virtually impossible to find recipes for certain meals.. Ie. Cook books and all that

So can anyone take 5 minutes to post up some decent meals, including ingredients and quick go-through of cooking it.

Thanks.

BV

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bris - I've got tons of recipes. Have you got anything specific in mind, say curries for example? I've got loads of them plus a heap of other stuff I can give you. Most of them healthy options too.

I'll start with an easy one called triple cheese and onion strata.

All you need is

1 baguette or French stick - chop off the elbow ends

6 spring onions

1 ball mozerella

50g parmesan, ready grated

100g cheddar

100ml sour cream

6 eggs

few chives

In a decent size oven proof dish, slice up baguette, lay slices in and on top of others

Blast onions and all cheeses in processor

chuck cream and eggs in, whizz these up too, pour over the bread, cover and leave it overnight, or through the day (in fridge) to have at tea time. When you're ready to scoff, take out the fridge and leave to come to room temp

Bake for 30 mins (longer if you forget to take it out the fridge) plonk in oven, 180C, or gas 4.

scissor chives, sprinkle on

enjoy! (this one isn't mega healthy but it is quite cheap and it's lush. Crisp up some bacon to have with if you want. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

cheesy potatoe and tomatoe pie

3 med. spuds

2 med. onions

6 ripe tomatoes

60ml/2 fl oz veg stock

175g reduced fat cheddar, coarsly grated

4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped

salt and pep.

place potatoes slices in large pan boiling water with a bit o salt, boil for 6-8 min or until tender

Drain and leave for a bit

whack oven on - 200C, gas 6. Chuck onions, toms and pots in shallow ovenproof dish, or seperate layers if you want to be arty farty.

Pour over stock and sprinkle cheese and garlic on top. Season well.

Wang in oven, bake at 15-20 mins, or until veg is cooked and it's bubbling.

Enjoy!

Tandoori lamb kebabs

1lb 8oz neck fillet of lamb, chop off all fat

2 tsp finely grated ginger

4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed

2 tbsp tandoori spice blend

200g/ 7oz very low fat yoghurt

salt

2 red peppers, halved and deseeded

Cut lamb, gob size chunks

mix together garlic, spice blend, ginger and yoghurt, season with salt and pour over the lamb

Toss lamb completly to coat, cover it and leave to marinate for 5 -6 hours or overnight

Cut peppers, gob size pieces. Remove lamb from marinade and thread onto metal skewers, alternating with red pepps.

Bung under hot grill for 6 - 8 mins on each side or until cooked through.

Have with some rice if you've got some

Scoff it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

pasta,straight is best.-good handful

bacon -4-6 rashers

mushrooms-6

peppers-3

onion-1

chopped tomatos-1 tin

cheese-a bit

boil a pan of water,add the pasta. Slice the bacon into small squares (scissors is best).Start cooking on a medium heat in oil.a wok is the best for this,but any big pan will do.When the bacon starts to lose its pinkness add the chopped mushrooms,chopped onions and chopped pepper.Cook for 7-8 mins,stirring continuanly,then drain the chopped tomatoes and add the tomato.By now the pasta should be ready.Drain the pasta and put in the bottom of a pre heated plate/bowl.Add the contents of wok/pan onto the pasta bed.Garnish with grated cheese.

beautiful

Archived