couple baking spuds

2 eggs, seperated

4 tbsp finely chopped chives

2 spring onions, finely sliced

110g grated cheddar

salt and pep

boil spuds until tender

drain, then cut a shallow slice from the top of each one, chuck bits away

using a tsp, carefully scoop out about 2 thirds of the flesh and chuck in a mixing bowl.

Mash.

When it's cool, stir in egg yolks, chives, spring onions & cheese

wang in a bit o salt & pep

Turn oven on, 200C, gas 6

whisk egg whites in a small bowl until soft peakes

Fold in potatoe mix

spoon this mix back into hollowed out spuds

plonk on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 mins, or until slighty risen and golden

tis nice with a bit o salad.

Have just noticed, have I put a recipe in yet that doesn't use cheese? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jees its like loose women on here 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I dont do the cooking in my house so im no use im afraid, LR cheesey tomato sounds nice might have to leave page open for Gaz to have a glance at!!

hehehe, it is isn't it?

leave it open then lyndsey - you might get a nice surprise 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

pasta,straight is best.-good handful

bacon -4-6 rashers

mushrooms-6

peppers-3

onion-1

chopped tomatos-1 tin

cheese-a bit

boil a pan of water,add the pasta. Slice the bacon into small squares (scissors is best).Start cooking on a medium heat in oil.a wok is the best for this,but any big pan will do.When the bacon starts to lose its pinkness add the chopped mushrooms,chopped onions and chopped pepper.Cook for 7-8 mins,stirring continuanly,then drain the chopped tomatoes and add the tomato.By now the pasta should be ready.Drain the pasta and put in the bottom of a pre heated plate/bowl.Add the contents of wok/pan onto the pasta bed.Garnish with grated cheese.

beautiful

my missus must have seen this post , cus I saw her with a wok, I asked her if she was cooking Dangeros's receipe, but she said she was just ironing my shirt.

Old ones are the best.

Would any of you fine people like to help me out and post up some recipes of your favourite (preferably healthy) meals?

I'm starting to get abit sick of cooking the same meals over and over again and due to my location it's virtually impossible to find recipes for certain meals.. Ie. Cook books and all that

So can anyone take 5 minutes to post up some decent meals, including ingredients and quick go-through of cooking it.

Thanks.

BV

Cut 2 chicken breasts open, whack a thick layer of Philedalphia in both, close, wrap in parma ham.

Cover some foil in herbs, spices, pepper, and wrap the chicken in the foil. Put it in the oven gas mark 7 for 25 mins.

Stick some salad with it, and boom. Healthy tea.

1 pot chunky sausage and chicken hotpot

1 onion, peeled & chopped

2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed

pork sausages, chopped

4 chicken breasts (skin removed)

2 tbsp med. curry powder

2 carrotts, chopped into gob size chunks

2 red peps, deseeded & chopped

40ml pasatta

7 oz chicken stock

tsp sugar

salt & black pep

tbs fresh mixed herbs (dried will do)

bit of oil in pan

chuck in onion, garlic, sausage, chicken & curry powder for 2-3 mins.

Stir in carrots, peppers, pasatta, stock & sugar

boil it

reduce heat to a simmer & cook, give it the odd stir, for 12-15 mins. Make sure chicken is cooked through

sprinkle with chopped herbs if using.

Cut 2 chicken breasts open, whack a thick layer of Philedalphia in both, close, wrap in parma ham. Cover some foil in herbs, spices, pepper, and wrap the chicken in the foil. Put it in the oven gas mark 7 for 25 mins. Stick some salad with it, and boom. Healthy tea.

Am nickin that one 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

another 1 pot wonder

pork sausages (if you can get them, get Bowyers less than 5% fat), roughly chopped

4 leeks, sliced

140z swede, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes

2 red peps, deseeded and chopped

70z roughly shredded cabbage

1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard

1-2 tsp dried chilli flakes

2 tsp crushed garlic (dont bother trying to measure it, just crush a couple/3 cloves)

6 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley

200g quark (or soft cheese)

18fl oz chicken stock made with Bovril

salt & pep

low fat yoghurt

preheat oven, 220C, gas 7

bit of oil in fry pan, add sausages for 2-3 mins until lightly browned

add leeks,swede, red peps and cabbage

mix together mustard, chilli flakes, garlic, parsley, quark, stock. Pour over sausage & veg

season well, cover & cook over low heat for 40 mins

stir in yoghurt

ps bris - you can cut down the quantities if you want - but they will keep for a few days in the fridge, then just warm them up in batches. It might save you time by cooking the whole thing?

Have got plenty of pudding recipes if you've got a bit of a sweet tooth, just give us a shout

Knew the ladies would enjoy this thread.

Well it's the only thing they're good at isn't it cooking and cleaning?

Sorry, couldn't resist 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Sexist pig.

There's always one cheeky fecker isn't there? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Get one of the part-baked baguettes that you stick in the oven (can get two for circa 50p)

Get yoursen a pack of Young's frozen fish fingers (on offer at Morrison's, buy one box and get two free!)

Bash the two together for a fish finger baguette, it's spot on.

I've not looked back since.

Beans, chilli, bread (4 slices).

Heat beans over a moderate heat for 7 minutes, Chop and add chilli (own tastes) and stir. Leave to heat up for 3 more minutes.

Whilst waiting for beans to heat, place bread into toaster or underneath the grill, wait until browned on both sides.

Chop toast up into small squares, poor beans over the toast.

(you may add butter/margerine to toast if prefered)

BOSH!

ps bris - you can cut down the quantities if you want - but they will keep for a few days in the fridge, then just warm them up in batches. It might save you time by cooking the whole thing?

Have got plenty of pudding recipes if you've got a bit of a sweet tooth, just give us a shout

I actually like the idea of cooking more and then keeping it in the fridge for another day..

I really appreciate this ladyram, some of these meals sound great and I'm looking forward to giving them a blast. If you don't mind putting up pudding recipes then go right ahead, I could use one of them to try and impress my girlfriends mum (In a family type way that is)

I've just bought myself (the wife) an oven after managing for 8 years without one (ovens are very rare in Japan).

I made an apple crumble over the weekend but the crumble mix didn't have that same crumbly sticky texture that you need so any good crumble recipe will be much appreciated.

My next task is to perfect roast potatoes.

I actually like the idea of cooking more and then keeping it in the fridge for another day..

I really appreciate this ladyram, some of these meals sound great and I'm looking forward to giving them a blast. If you don't mind putting up pudding recipes then go right ahead, I could use one of them to try and impress my girlfriends mum (In a family type way that is)

No probs. I love cooking, it's a major hobby for me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Will be back on in a bit, I'll sort out me puds.

I've just bought myself (the wife) an oven after managing for 8 years without one (ovens are very rare in Japan).

I made an apple crumble over the weekend but the crumble mix didn't have that same crumbly sticky texture that you need so any good crumble recipe will be much appreciated.

My next task is to perfect roast potatoes.

No cooker for 8 years? Blimey, improvisation a must for you there then mc.

I've got some crumble recipes, I'll sort them out and will post them.

PS, the only way to get proper roasties (and I nicked this from Nigella who is a culinary goddess to me) is

first off, wang your new oven 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> on full blast, around 220C,

put goose fat in a roasting tin if you can get it (it can get really blasting hot without filling your house with smoke and this is what you need) and put this into oven to heat up

par boil your spuds for no longer than 5 mins (use maris pipers if you can, or pots with a waxy skin)

drain em off, put back in hot pan, put lid on and give em a shake. Nowt major, it's just to break up the edges a bit

Nigella sprinkles powdered semolina over them next (I've always done them without it tho, cos I'm not a fan)

put em into roasting dish (carefully)

leave for about 10-12 mins, carefully turn them over so the other side can crisp up

et voila! perfect roasters 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

am hungry now, whats for brekkie?

Archived