Sixes and Sevens

sage

So we are looking to get rid of 6 or 7 players in the window if possible. Who do you think they are?

This is my list

Definites

Bywater, Leacock, Pearson

Probables

Martin, Croft

Possibles

Deeney, Cywka, Green

I think the 6 or 7 is nteresting, it suggests the 7th is based on a criteria being fulfilled, maybe being offered enough money for Green.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be made up of the same core of players that Clough has been trying to offload for some time.

We were very lucky to get rid of Varney in the way we did. A big thank you to Ian Holloway and his top man management for that one. Am still a little surprised that his departure didn't free a little more cash up for Clough as surely the board cannot have predicted such a coup.

We haven't been so lucky with the rest of the dead wood at the club.

I can't see other clubs showing much of an interest. Why would they? They have been for sale for a long time and if clubs were interested they would have made a move at the end of last season or the beginning of this one.

I don't expect much activity in this transfer window if any. Possibly one player out for a small fee (if we're lucky) but the only way others will go would be if we free transferred them or offered to part pay their wages (such as Bywater).

This bears similarities with every other window for the last 3 or 4 seasons. We cannot make any movements on players coming in until we free ourselves of the unfortunate dross we have.

I think that if we can't get rid of the definites/probables we will look to offer them a severance package. The trouble is other teams know that. I will be amazed if at least one of them doesn't end up at Doncaster. I see their revolutionary transfer policy is working wonders with their league position.

I think Green is a possible because i think he will only go if we get a fee for him and i can't see many clubs paying a fee for someone who has just come back from a major injury when he will be available for free in June and it should be clearer if he has fully recovered.

If you include the two recent releases, there's a team of players, who have (probably) none or little further part to play at the club.

Deeney

Leacock,Anderson, Addison,Rigott

Croft, Green, Pearson, Martin

Cywka, Doyle

Sadly, i've seen Derby put worse teams than this on the pitch.

I really would like to know what the problem is with Cywka, as I suppose most other people would. If we can get any money for Green then sell him. If not keep him until the summer and let him leave for nowt, couldn't give a toss really.

I love the arrogance of him saying he wants to have a move before the Euros- He is hardly a world beater and has just come back from a major injury (that we have supported him through)! I think he thinks he is a lot better than he is- A ginger bloke who runs around a lot to no great effect and can't score for toffee, sounds familiar. I wonder if they have room for him at Bristol?

I really would like to know what the problem is with Cywka, as I suppose most other people would. If we can get any money for Green then sell him. If not keep him until the summer and let him leave for nowt, couldn't give a toss really.

I love the arrogance of him saying he wants to have a move before the Euros- He is hardly a world beater and has just come back from a major injury (that we have supported him through)! I think he thinks he is a lot better than he is- A ginger bloke who runs around a lot to no great effect and can't score for toffee, sounds familiar. I wonder if they have room for him at Bristol?

Did he say he wants to move before the Euros? I didn't read that. I suppose if he doesn't think he's going to play for Derby, and has a chance of being in the Ireland set up, it's fair enough.

I think he's ok. Certainly with the injuries we've had recently it's very good to have him back, and unless Clough has got anyone in mind in January I'd rather have him than not. He was alot more involved and effective on boxing day than Jeff Hendrick has been for the last few games. That's probably because he needs a breather, so for that reason alone I'd like to have Green.

I think Miles is back with us after the next game and he will probably be on his way out somewhere in Jan. David Martin was just a waste of money, spent about 300k on him and he doesnt even get a look in, maguire is heading the same way anorl.

I think Miles is back with us after the next game and he will probably be on his way out somewhere in Jan. David Martin was just a waste of money, spent about 300k on him and he doesnt even get a look in, maguire is heading the same way anorl.

I think you're right - i assume that miles was given a contract purely as insurance if he came good and therefore would demand a higher fee.

I don't think we'll see him play for us again

Did he say he wants to move before the Euros? I didn't read that. I suppose if he doesn't think he's going to play for Derby, and has a chance of being in the Ireland set up, it's fair enough.

I think he's ok. Certainly with the injuries we've had recently it's very good to have him back, and unless Clough has got anyone in mind in January I'd rather have him than not. He was alot more involved and effective on boxing day than Jeff Hendrick has been for the last few games. That's probably because he needs a breather, so for that reason alone I'd like to have Green.

I agree with that, he is alright at this level, I have never seen what all the fuss is about with him though to be honest. I think he'll get a fair few games this season, the players we have had since his injury haven't done anything to suggest that he can't get his place back. I am not bothered if he stays or goes, he is useful back up but I would rather have cywka in there than him. I am sure I read that it was him who was looking for a move but it could be bull, there is no way he could go to the prem or any of the top teams in the Champ because he isn't good enough and he has just come back from injury also- so he may as well stay where he is.

The biggest criticism I have of Clough in regards to players is how he's treated Cywka. The guy has bags of potential, we've seen how he can rip defences apart when he's on form. Clough's treatment of him is appalling. He never gives him a fair chance. You mark my words, if we sold him to another Championship club, who's manager is willing to put his arm around him and give him good run in a side, he'll sparkle and then we'll all be moaning about how we got rid of a great young player etc etc. Green never looks confortable on the right wing. Cywka and Ben Davies should compete for that spot. Gives Davies an actual rival to compete with for his place in the side.

What's wrong with Cywka?

1. He looks fancy on the ball, runs around a few players but when has he put in blinding crosses?

2.Do the defence just let him run because he has a knack of finding dead ends?

3.Does he look up enough when he us running to find that pass?

I like Cywka but for me the answer to the above questions are

1. Not often enough.

2. Probably.

3. No.

On Green, he has been offered a new contract within the wage structure. He wants a big Pay Day deal which is why he hasn't signed it. He will be first choice for us until he leaves, and I think if there is no interest that takes his eye he will sign the contract offered.

Archived