Sixes and Sevens

sage

What's wrong with Cywka?

1. He looks fancy on the ball, runs around a few players but when has he put in blinding crosses?

2.Do the defence just let him run because he has a knack of finding dead ends?

3.Does he look up enough when he us running to find that pass?

I like Cywka but for me the answer to the above questions are

1. Not often enough.

2. Probably.

3. No.

On Green, he has been offered a new contract within the wage structure. He wants a big Pay Day deal which is why he hasn't signed it. He will be first choice for us until he leaves, and I think if there is no interest that takes his eye he will sign the contract offered.

Couldn't agree more. Cywka is so overrated. Not quick, can't beat his man. Can't cross. Just another Tito Villa who is put on a pedestal despite being gash.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Cwyka has a lot of potential but never makes the most of his ability by choosing the wrong options all the time. I think he will get a game in the fa cup, i would like to see him do well but its not looking too good for him atm.

I think Cwyka has a lot of potential but never makes the most of his ability by choosing the wrong options all the time. I think he will get a game in the fa cup, i would like to see him do well but its not looking too good for him atm.

That is exactly the problem and what makes him a lower league player. He can play above himself every so often but not consistantly. Never made Wigan's first team now can't make ours.

Martin has to be on his way out too ...another that came and then never figured ...poor lad.

Poor lad or bad trainer? or not good enough?

Martin looked alright when he has had his chance, although it was a while ago now and not been seen since, I barely remember what he looks like, but if he is, like I imagine a bad trainer then he has no excuses, he'll never have this chance in life again, if he can't be bothered to work hard for it, he deserves to be a league one winger for his career.

Maguire is a several trick player, but from what I've seen he needs it to be his day for him to make an impact, his performance against Portsmouth was very good, one of the best individual performances of the season, the next few games he had his chance and tried the same stuff but couldn't get it to work and when it didn't come off.. he came off and toys came out and when I saw that I knew exactly Clough would do, was a no brainer... Maguire showed very little to do that, if you was playing for a manager like Fat Sam who thinks things like that 'just a bit of passion' then you'll be alright.. Clough see's it as insubordination and he hasn't featured much at all, if at all thinking about it.

Dean Leacock, Lee Croft, Tomasz Cywka and David Martin are not featuring in Derby's first-team plans and are available for loan or moves.

"There are one or two bits of interest but nothing concrete. There is a bit of interest in David Martin," said Clough.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Bywater-completes-Owls-Derby-contract-cancelled/story-14302832-detail/story.html

• 4 weeks later...

i think up to 14 off the wage bill...remember Kilbane and Priskin have been allowed to return to their home clubs. Plus Bywater, Leacock, Pearson, Martin, Cywka, Anderson, Riggott, Croft (loan), Addison (loan)...and then potentially Green/Maguire and one of the goalkeepers (Deeney/Severn?) still to go. How much money a month is that saved ?

summer yes. but 2013.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-14455817-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html?

And we wouldn't save a lot loaning Deeney or Severn. Severn should go get some first team football though.

Croft joined in summer 2009 on a three year contract, so it runs out in 2012, if he joined on a four year it would have to be one of the worst free transfers in football!

Archived