Only Our First 4 Results May Save Us

Chris Peduck

I don't believe we will get relegated, largely because of players returning from injury, but looking at our results from match 5 onwards it will be close if we don't improve.

We have obtained 12 points from 13 matches since the 4 match 100% start. If we continue to gather points at that rate for the remaining 29 matches then we will finish with 51 points.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe we will get relegated, largely because of players returning from injury, but looking at our results from match 5 onwards it will be close if we don't improve.

We have obtained 12 points from 13 matches since the 4 match 100% start. If we continue to gather points at that rate for the remaining 29 matches then we will finish with 51 points.

I'll take it! [ perhaps a couple more just to ease the nerves though...]

A similar thing happened last season, I think we were 3rd in Novemer and it just went downhill (literally) from there. I predicted a 15th place finish on another forum I go on, I'll bloomin' take that now. I must admit to looking at the Norwich's and Southampton's and think why can't we have their belief ? I do think some of our problems are mental as well as tactical.

You do realise that despite being perfectly reasonable and levelheaded you guys are now going to get slated by the more dilusional Derby fans for being negative..

Those that think tophalf is achievable with a first team that lacks a decent leftback, a creative CM, a decent winger and an out an out striker plus the obvious mental blocks we have and the fact confidence can be taken away during games let alone after a bad run is living in cloud cuckoo land.

We won't be in a relegation fight though.. Donny and Coventry are far worse than us and teams like Bristol City, Millwall and Pompey are far below us too..

15th would be a realistic target.

Also last years team that included Moxey, Commons, Bueno, Kuqi > this years team

Realistically your probably right Bris, it seems with our squad we are probably good enough to stay up but that is about it. Mind you last year, i thought we should have had enough to be a lot better than where we finished up and we have lost to Coventry this season already, we need to make a judgement in janurary and see where we are then.

Archived