Anyone at today's Reserve game?

sage

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby considered giving Brayford a run-out in tomorrow's reserve-team fixture against Sheffield United Reserves but have decided against it.

"I think John is the type of player you can throw straight back in without a reserve game. As long as he does a bit of training on Friday, he will be fine," said Clough.

"He is up to 90 per cent in the work he is doing. The test will be when he has to strike the ball, which you never really know until you do it."

Brayford was ever-present last season and did not miss a minute of action.

"It is rare for John to be injured," said Clough, who had Brayford in his squad at Burton Albion.

"I remember him having a little shin problem when we were at Burton and that kept him out for a few weeks but I cannot recall him having a muscle injury before," added Clough. "Hopefully that is him done for another three years now!"

Yes I went, It did end 1-1 and a fair result.

Line up was :

Legzdins, Naylor RB, Barker CB, Leacock CB, Buxton LB

Croft RM, Green, Cywka, Gyasi LM

Ball and Maguire up front

Was good to see Barker and Green back. Baker had 45 mins, Green 61. Buxton was made captain for the 2nd half.

Naylor improved though the game, Barker was clearly short of match practice. Green was full of running and made some crunching tackles. Croft was my MOM.

As for Gyasi, I would suggest we stop looking at you tube and getting our hopes up. Didn’t see him put in one tackle. Lost the ball several times in the 1st half, improved in the 2nd, yes he has pace and produced one piece of ‘good football’. Not for me I’m afraid.

Riggott came on for Barker at half time, did fine, nothing special although didn't seem to pair up with Leacock well. This is probably because they are new together.

Lots of big wigs and scouts around, Bryan Gunn, Dean Saunders and Phil Parkinson to name a few. When you looked at our line up it might have been mistaken for a 1st team line up and expect a few people were there to scout our players.

Archived