Conundrum - Should I give my hard earned cash to Forest?

TigerTedd

I've got an opportunity to advertise my new Travel Agency in the Nottingham Forest Shity Ground wedding guide (believe it or not, they cater for 70 weddings a year, with 200 enquiries). They've got a buy 1 year, get 4 free deal on, it's actually really good value, and we're doing a push on honey moons.

But I just can't bring myself to give £400 to Forest.

Can I justify it by saying that as Forest are too poor to actually own their own stadium, this revenue is actually going to the Council (who are also crap, but I can live with that)?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shame on you

you need to think about the customer first and foremost.

i mean would you really want to have to admit to having a load of forest supporting mingers as your customers ??

so two thirds of those mingers who actually go as far as to enquire about getting married in a scummy concrete hut on the edge of the Trent, think better of it.

Of the one third who do....how many can actually read the wedding guide?

I have never been to the sh*ty ground for this very reason. I have been an avid Derby fan for 24 years following them at home and away (been to almost all of the grounds in the top 2 divisions) but I point blank refuse to give the red dogs my cash!

Some comes back to us? so when they crawl out the woodwork for there only sell out (if they're lucky) it's benefits us.

Yes it does but only a percentage comes back to us so technically they would still be getting some of my cash- I am safe in the knowledge that another ram will go in my stead to ensure that we sell our allocation- just rather it be a percentage of their cash lining red dog pockets than my own hard earned

I've had a great idea. It's such a great deal, I'm tempted to take out a full page ad. And it'll have to be there for the next 5 years. Cos it's in a wedding magazine I could put something in big black and white letters like this:

You only need one man (nice and schmaltzy)...

We only need 10. COYR!!!!

So tempting.

I've just found out my designer is a closet Red too. Even more tempting.

Archived