Itfc Fan With Betting Question

ITFCson

Hi, I am a ipswich fan who likes a bet.

I have a question that maybe some you rams can answer....

On saturday I was looking through the games to pick out teams to put in a accumulator.

I came across derby at 2/1 on bet365. This did not seem right. I then looked on oddschecker and all bookies had millwall as favourites, the biggest price on derby being 9/4.

This made no sense at all, You were at home, the form team and 4th in the tabe. Millwall were struggling for form and in 16th.

For such a price there must be a reason to why...maybe you had no fit goalkeeper? Alot of your 1st team had food poisoning? I don't know.

I'd be grateful if anyone can shed some light on this, and to know if any of you managed to back derby at such a good price....

Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no beting man but for some peculiar reason (probably watching 'flashscores') I too noticed this anomoly. As Hucknall Ram says, it's probably based on recent past history.

The odds should be interesting when we play Reading who have apparently won 9 of their last 10 encounters with us.

Good spot ITFCson. I noticed the Rams to win at 11/4 on bet365. I usually stick to AFL and rugby as the games are more predictable (ie best team usually wins) but could not resist the temptation. Put AU$100 on Derby and hey bingo! Feeling lucky, my winnings all went on the argies to beat scotland, which I thought was even more of a dead cert. I am still smiling.

I noticed at 3 mins before kickoff, so didnt have time to look through the correct score market. Had i had time 3-0, amongst others is a score Id of definatly had.

As it is I just had a £5 double with Derby and Burnley 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I bet quite often, and form vs certain teams really does not make little to no sense.

Anyway, gl for the rest on the season.

I noticed at 3 mins before kickoff, so didnt have time to look through the correct score market. Had i had time 3-0, amongst others is a score Id of definatly had.

As it is I just had a £5 double with Derby and Burnley 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I bet quite often, and form vs certain teams really does not make little to no sense.

Anyway, gl for the rest on the season.

I had Burnley as well in my accumulator. I picked 8 teams, bet on the fivefolds, Huddersfield & Burnley cost me a decent return. I had Arsenal, Derby, Forest, West Ham, Sheff Wed (all winners) and Rotherham who were destroyed.

Archived