Rubbish, Pants, Duff Xbox

Day

My Xbox has duffed out, I would rather lose a testicle but it's too late now and I was never actually given a choice.

Switched the thing on last night/early this morning to batter YR on Fifa and everything was fine, went to put the kettle on and as soon as I walked back in the TV went all mish mashed and cut out. No signal can be found popped up, thought it was a lose cable but no, tried another HDMI cable nothing.

Woke the missus up (she wasn't happy but this was serious) and she found the scart lead, tried that and nothing.

I'm guessing it's the output connector that has duffed out, has this happened to anyone else before and if so how much will I be looking at for it to be repaired. It's also the Black Elite if that makes any difference.

And before any cocky sod comes in and says "haha shoulda bought a PS3", I did, they are duff brand new out the box so I sold it and went back to the far superior console.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm that article says look out for a loss of colour, it's been fine not seen any. TV not compatible, no way Pedro been working for 2+ years and overheating which I've never had a problem with either. Tried it this morning again and still the same. I'll try it on the PC monitor in abit and see if it works on there tho.

Xbox is fixed and didn't cost a penny which is nice.

Last night the missus suggested we hoover the thing out and give it a try, she hoovered it but didn't get round to trying it till this morning and BOOM! it worked.

Amazing how much stress and tears abit of dust will bring you.

Archived