Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

Again so much rubbish spouted against Barca it's unreal..

Chelsea had the two best chances of the second half? No they didn't, they had one chance from Torres.. What was the other chance, when Drogba shot from inside his own half?

Messi missed a penalty, brought out a worldclass save from Cech when he hit the post, Cuenca was clean in down the left that brought out another block from 8 yards from Cech (he should have squared it).. Iniesta brought out another blocked save from Cech from 10 yards when he really should have scored and Busquets ballooned yet another good oppportunity..

So funny when the Barca haters have the memories clouded..

Barca only pass it sideways.. How else can you play against a team that lines up with 5 across the backline (I'm talking about their 18 yardbox line) and 4 inbewteen who don't chase the ball but keep to their space.. Chelsea played such anti-football that they made no attempt to score in the second half.. It was disgusting, and what Uefa should do now is take a serious look at the 'away goal' rule to stop teams from doing this..

We want to see open football with teams looking to score.. Chelsea didn't need to score in the second half and made no attempt to do so.. Mikel could have broken clear at one point but instead booted it to the corner flag..

Saying that about Real Madrid, Germany, Holland.. Yes they play good football, but what could they do if Chelsea stuck 10 men on the edge of the box, no team can score from that... Only long shots.. If that was the case Ozil and Ronaldo would have over 30 long shots a game, it's anti-football.. And it's a disgrace.. Barca without Pique and Abidal had no height, so they didn't even have the option of pumping it long into the box.. Get rid of the away goal rule and you get rid of disgusting anti-football tactics like this..

Also you need to read some of the Spanish papers to know what is being said.. Barca are being lauded, Chelsea are being slaughtered as misrable cowards wanting to ruin our fine game.. I agree with them.

Also quit with the 'this football doesn't work' bull... If that was a league game would Barca leave Torres alone at 2-1 and be pushing for another goal like that? Chelsea would have had to attack, leaving spaces for geniuses like Iniesta, Xavi and Messi..

People should be rooting for those who pass the ball on the ground, dribble, move, work the spaces... All at ground-breaking speed... How the feck people can celebrate sticking 10 men on the edge of your box and not attempting to score is ridiculous.. Would you pay and enjoy watching a boxer who doesn't throw a single punch for 11 rounds and just blocks and runs away and then lands a KO in the 12th.. I'm still gutted.. Rant over.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer to watch a Tottenham, Newcastle or at a push (cos it's them) ManUre. The game is open, it's a competition. It's not boring. Do what Chelsea did against Barca, you've got a good chance because they can't create the golden chances they need to win a game.

Watching a team like Germany play for example, whatever player they have in their squad they have one of the most effective styles of playing football. They don't always have big names either.

Fair play to Barca for creating an effective style, but once you've figured out how to defend against it, the game is boring. Chelsea are a boring team, Barca are a boring team.

Who made the contest a non-event?

Barca are boring? Were the boring against Real Madrid, against Bayern Munich, against AC Milan, against Man Utd, against Leverkusen, against Valencia, against Atletico Madrid?

We all prefer a football match when two teams go at it and both try and score..

Chelsea didn't want to score.. You cannot label a team boring if they're playing against a team who put 10 men on their 18 yard line.. Barca have been involved in some incredible matches when the opposition have attacked them.. They lost 3-2 against Osasuna this season and the game was fascinating.. Osasuna played with a bold approach that worked..

I'd like to see how Spurs, Newcastle, Man Utd, Germany would do against a Chelsea team with 10 men parked on their 18 yard line..

If one team doesn't make it a spectace, it's nfair to label the other team who is doing all of the attacking as boring aswell.. With my post above, when Amir Khan and Peterson fight again in a few weeks, if Peterson doesn't throw a single punch until the 12th round you can't go saying that Amir Khan was boring aswell..

One team can simply ruin any game and it would reflect badly on the opposition..

Other chances were Ivanovic header not marked open goal from corner missed but should have scored. Kalou in on goal from long ball but dilly dallied and lost chance. Guess some people with Barca glasses on watched different game. 10 men. Only 10 men. Madrid to win 1-0 tonight and go through on awway goals. PS Messi can't score against Chelsea in 7 attempts.

Ivanovic header open goal? What you talking about? Did he hit it over or wide? Or did the keeper save it? What happened then if it was such a good chance why didn't he score? Kalou through on goal? When? The one where he didn't even shoot because he was easily closed down? Yeh great chance..

They only had 10 men... Yes, 10 men on the 18 yard line..

Messi can't score past Chelsea in 7 attempts.. Messi has more CL medals than the whole Chelsea team put together what's your point? Messi supplied the second goal and is the leading goalscorer in the world.. Or do you think Lamaprd is better?

I think Madrid will win, and hopefully we'll see Chelsea attempt to win the final.. The only chance Chelsea have of lifting the trophy is if they have 11 men on the 18 yard line and get Ramires (their only worthy player) to run from inside his own half to score a goal.. Ramires and Cech won them the tie, everyone else was a disgrace..

Again so much rubbish spouted against Barca it's unreal..

Chelsea had the two best chances of the second half? No they didn't, they had one chance from Torres.. What was the other chance, when Drogba shot from inside his own half?

Messi missed a penalty, brought out a worldclass save from Cech when he hit the post, Cuenca was clean in down the left that brought out another block from 8 yards from Cech (he should have squared it).. Iniesta brought out another blocked save from Cech from 10 yards when he really should have scored and Busquets ballooned yet another good oppportunity..

So funny when the Barca haters have the memories clouded..

Barca only pass it sideways.. How else can you play against a team that lines up with 5 across the backline (I'm talking about their 18 yardbox line) and 4 inbewteen who don't chase the ball but keep to their space.. Chelsea played such anti-football that they made no attempt to score in the second half.. It was disgusting, and what Uefa should do now is take a serious look at the 'away goal' rule to stop teams from doing this..

We want to see open football with teams looking to score.. Chelsea didn't need to score in the second half and made no attempt to do so.. Mikel could have broken clear at one point but instead booted it to the corner flag..

Saying that about Real Madrid, Germany, Holland.. Yes they play good football, but what could they do if Chelsea stuck 10 men on the edge of the box, no team can score from that... Only long shots.. If that was the case Ozil and Ronaldo would have over 30 long shots a game, it's anti-football.. And it's a disgrace.. Barca without Pique and Abidal had no height, so they didn't even have the option of pumping it long into the box.. Get rid of the away goal rule and you get rid of disgusting anti-football tactics like this..

Also you need to read some of the Spanish papers to know what is being said.. Barca are being lauded, Chelsea are being slaughtered as misrable cowards wanting to ruin our fine game.. I agree with them.

Also quit with the 'this football doesn't work' bull... If that was a league game would Barca leave Torres alone at 2-1 and be pushing for another goal like that? Chelsea would have had to attack, leaving spaces for geniuses like Iniesta, Xavi and Messi..

People should be rooting for those who pass the ball on the ground, dribble, move, work the spaces... All at ground-breaking speed... How the feck people can celebrate sticking 10 men on the edge of your box and not attempting to score is ridiculous.. Would you pay and enjoy watching a boxer who doesn't throw a single punch for 11 rounds and just blocks and runs away and then lands a KO in the 12th.. I'm still gutted.. Rant over.

Yes let's change the rules because Barcelona didn't win, you have some of the most amusing posts I have read.

If a boxer spent 12 rounds dodging every punch thrown at them and hit on the counter attack, then that would be a spectacle worth watching, because some people can appreciate that takes skill.

When 2 nil down, Chelsea needed to score and did that with a world class ball from lampard, they did not need to score another, had they needed to, even with 10 men they may have done so even not counting the last goal.

Barcelona were not good enough, and over the two legs didn't win either game, you may not like it, but those are the facts, the Barcelona players cried less than u are doing.

As for you Spanish papers well

Santi Gimenez, AS

"The main culprit is not chance, but the lack of inspiration, freshness and the magic needed to get glory. Everything depended on the success of the Argentine, who has become tired of luck towards the end of the season."

Yes let's change the rules because Barcelona didn't win, you have some of the most amusing posts I have read.

If a boxer spent 12 rounds dodging every punch thrown at them and hit on the counter attack, then that would be a spectacle worth watching, because some people can appreciate that takes skill.

When 2 nil down, Chelsea needed to score and did that with a world class ball from lampard, they did not need to score another, had they needed to, even with 10 men they may have done so even not counting the last goal.

Barcelona were not good enough, and over the two legs didn't win either game, you may not like it, but those are the facts, the Barcelona players cried less than u are doing.

As for you Spanish papers well

Santi Gimenez, AS

"The main culprit is not chance, but the lack of inspiration, freshness and the magic needed to get glory. Everything depended on the success of the Argentine, who has become tired of luck towards the end of the season."

Well done for quoting a Madrid paper..

Payaso

Chelsea played such anti-football that they made no attempt to score in the second half.. It was disgusting, and what Uefa should do now is take a serious look at the 'away goal' rule to stop teams from doing this..

Wouldn't hold your breath - it'll never happen. Besides, it wouldn't work. Removing the away goals rule just means that even more teams will just play for penalties, or they won't even try to score in the first leg if away from home.

We want to see open football with teams looking to score.

Why do we have to only see one brand of football? That's the beauty of the game, there's no one way of playing it. I enjoy tactical battles just as much as I enjoy watching two sides going at each other. This view that the game HAS to be played this way, and ONLY this way is incredibly narrow-minded. Seriously, how many teams do you think are going to go to the Nou Camp with a goal lead in the SF of the Champions League and try and outplay them rather than defend? Even Barcelona-lite (Arsenal) went there and defended a goal lead when they had the opportunity. Going there and defending isn't cowardly, it's sensible. Going there and not defending isn't brave as much as it's utterly moronic.

Good for you.

This is how much I care about anything that a Spanish paper has to say;

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6eqle3O3v1qc0ublo1_500

Football's about scoring more goals than the opposition, always has been, always will be. Perhaps if Barcelona had been more clinical in front of goal, and been less inept at the back then they'd have gone through. Sadly, for them, they were neither clinical in the finish nor solid at the back. Perhaps Marca and the like should reflect on that, as neither were Chelsea's fault. As you've said yourself Barcelona had more than enough chances to win the game, yet they didn't. That says more about Barcelona's performance over the two legs than it does Chelsea. Easier to knock the victors though I guess than admit that Barcelona just weren't good enough over the two legs.

Would you pay and enjoy watching a boxer who doesn't throw a single punch for 11 rounds and just blocks and runs away and then lands a KO in the 12th.. I'm still gutted.. Rant over.

Pointless analogy. Chelsea didn't land a KO at the end, they had something to defend already. A better comparison using the boxing analogy is would you expect a title challenger, leading into the final round, to try and land a TKO over the reigning champion? Or would you expect him to protect the points advantage?

It's fine having a rant, but this 'anti football' b0ll0cks gets on my t1ts. You win a game of football by scoring the most goals, it's that simple. One strategy is you outscore the opponents, the other is you concede fewer. Neither is more valid over the other, as ultimately both achieve the same result, a win. If everyone played the same way, attack-attack-attack, then 99 times out of 100 the game's won by the side who you'd expect to win. Boring. Why even bother playing? Let the pools panel decide all the results.

Archived