Has Glick played a Blinder??

ChorleyRam

From Nigel and Tom Glick we've heard mentioned

Waghorn - Striker - mentioned after Burton friendly again

Eustace - Experienced leader - Mentioned endlessly, and in an article on Hendrick not long ago.

LB - Glick himself is the one that mentioned this didn't he?

Nigel has cut the wage bill down so much that these investors have probably enjoyed 20 extra holidays per year each since he came in. But if they want to make top 6 and the Premiership then why don't they let him off the leash again?

Let him get his Eustace type. Clearly he felt it important enough position to chase him for the entire summer. Let him get his Waghorn's and whatever. He's earned it surely? Tell him there wont be any money in Jan unless we shift Leacock, Bywater etc, but for Gods sake let him get what's important to him going into a season where "we aim to challenge for the top six".

I dunno, that's my opinion but some will say 9 players is enough in one transfer window. That he should of got one less keeper or whatever and spent that cash on a Eustace. A fair argument. Just depends if you feel he's been given enough backing to build a top 6 side.

I don't. After lowering the wage bill so much i think he should be let loose a bit.

I don't give a fook what the average wage bill in the Championship is. I don't care how Stoke City or Wolverhampton got promoted. We've had 8 bad years in the last 10. Find a manager you trust, and back him. Back him, back him, back him!!

Will look a right plonker if we sign Olofinjana and Billy Sharp (on an injury based fee :p) before September.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eustace - Experienced leader - Mentioned endlessly, and in an article on Hendrick not long ago.

Nigel has cut the wage bill down so much that these investors have probably enjoyed 20 extra holidays per year each since he came in. But if they want to make top 6 and the Premiership then why don't they let him off the leash again?

Let him get his Eustace type. Clearly he felt it important enough position to chase him for the entire summer. Let him get his Waghorn's and whatever. He's earned it surely? Tell him there wont be any money in Jan unless we shift Leacock, Bywater etc, but for Gods sake let him get what's important to him going into a season where "we aim to challenge for the top six".

I dunno, that's my opinion but some will say 9 players is enough in one transfer window. That he should of got one less keeper or whatever and spent that cash on a Eustace. A fair argument. Just depends if you feel he's been given enough backing to build a top 6 side.

I don't. After lowering the wage bill so much i think he should be let loose a bit.

I don't give a fook what the average wage bill in the Championship is. I don't care how Stoke City or Wolverhampton got promoted. We've had 8 bad years in the last 10. Find a manager you trust, and back him. Back him, back him, back him!!

Will look a right plonker if we sign Olofinjana and Billy Sharp (on an injury based fee :p) before September.

I think it's a case of needing these sorts of players, I understand if we can't go out and splash money around but I think we need 3 players before the end of the transfer window, a striker who is good in and around the box, we have a lot of players who can run the channels but at the minute we don't have one that can play in the middle, I don't fancy a Howard type player either would prefer someone like Le Fondre who can sit inside the box and slot the balls away, in midfield we just need someone to break up play with Bailey we could of just kept Addison and got away with signing no-one that is the disappointing thing.

Left Back, well seems like there is no-one out there who is worth their salt. I wouldn't even know where to look, especially this late into the window.

It's a case of chicken and the egg, if the board had any ambition whatsoever then Nigel wouldn't be here, his job is to keep it ticking over on minimum spend.

He seems happy doing it or he'd be banging on the office door for the tools to do the job properly, between them they've managed to pull the wool over the eyes of (allegedly) 22,000 fans.

alpha these guys are billionaires, the savings at derby probably don't amount to the interest they receive from their bank accounts let alone holidays :) Frankly if they aren't willing to back the club then they can leave as far as i am concerned, i don't want us to be here for another 10 years simple as, if we are we will become coventry and that is the last thing we want. We aren't a top 6 side, there is no strength in depth for me, we are mid table i think and with a few injuries struggling. I think we will finish mid table if that is enough i am not sure we will wait and see. Also my assessment on the Birmingham performance wasn't that we were brilliant because we weren't, we got 2 goals from nowhere and held our line well and fended them off with good solid defending.

Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that maybe clough has been backed but isn't doing enough to find the right players?

He had one target I'm eustace and the board seem to back him with an attempt to bring him in. So whe eustace decided to stay at Watford that's it, why doesn't clough have a second choice in mind?

Archived