Clough 2 more, sell sell sell first

Day

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should divide according to our allegiances and meet up for a fight at Markeaton park. I can't see any way of solving this by other means. I'll bring the booze.

From memory.......

SALES

Carroll 0

Price 0

Connolly 0

Mears 400

McEveley 0

Stewart 0

Camara 0

Savage 0

Zadkovich 0

Albrechtsen 0

Todd 0

Davis 0

Nyatanga 500

Sterjovski 0

Barnes 0

Commons 300

Varney 750

Hulse 600

Dickinson 70

Villa 1000

Teale 0

Moxey 375

Porter 0

Pringle nom

Adalimba 0

Hendrie 0

26 : TOTAL £4000

SIGNINGS

Fielding 500

Legzdins 200

Deeney 0

Brayford 500

Moxey 300

Roberts 0

Bailey 500

Barker 1000

Shackell 1000

Buxton 0

Anderson 0

Croft 0

Davies 300

Cywka 0

Pringle 0

Doyle 0

Bryson 450

Maguire 450

Robinson 100

Ward 300

Porter 400

Tyson 0

Adalimba 50?

Martin 200

Hendrie 0

25 : TOTAL £6250

TOTAL SPEND £ 2250 in 2.5 years......yep thats pretty modest.

From memory.......

SALES

Carroll 0

Price 0

Connolly 0

Mears 400

McEveley 0

Stewart 0

Camara 0

Savage 0

Zadkovich 0

Albrechtsen 0

Todd 0

Davis 0

Nyatanga 500

Sterjovski 0

Barnes 0

Commons 300

Varney 750

Hulse 600

Dickinson 70

Villa 1000

Teale 0

Moxey 375

Porter 0

Pringle nom

Adalimba 0

Hendrie 0

26 : TOTAL £4000

SIGNINGS

Fielding 500

Legzdins 200

Deeney 0

Brayford 500

Moxey 300

Roberts 0

Bailey 500

Barker 1000

Shackell 1000

Buxton 0

Anderson 0

Croft 0

Davies 300

Cywka 0

Pringle 0

Doyle 0

Bryson 450

Maguire 450

Robinson 100

Ward 300

Porter 400

Tyson 0

Adalimba 50?

Martin 200

Hendrie 0

25 : TOTAL £6250

TOTAL SPEND £ 2250 in 2.5 years......yep thats pretty modest.

Good list - Slightly different topic but linked to this one - looking at that list/ post I was wondering whether you think the value of the squad we have now is higher than the value of the squad he inherited?

Personally - I think NC has done a good job shifting so many out who had no sell on value at all. Look at how many of the 26 we had to give away.

Now I'd say someone comes in for Brayford (especially when he gets called up by England at any level - what's the rules on the olympics?) and that NET spend suddenly gets wiped out and turned into a profit. Fielding? Cywka? Bailey? O'Brien? - all with sell on potential.

Too right, this forum was made for banter and having a laugh, all you DET rejects have ruined it with all this debating crap. Matchday's players were rated on hair style and how good they looked in y fronts. Financial discussions by page 2 ended up guessing how many Balti pies Boycie could down in 15 minutes.

kinell thats a bit strong......

kinell thats a bit strong......

Probably true though.

Their forum wasn't like the old DET, more of a 'pick up some news and have a laugh', wheras our lot are used to arguments and loooong threads.

We are a plague unto this forum, apparently. Much like 'The Flood' in the Halo universe. But with less futuristic weaponry.

Good list - Slightly different topic but linked to this one - looking at that list/ post I was wondering whether you think the value of the squad we have now is higher than the value of the squad he inherited?

Um no I don't think the current squad is worth as much as the squad he inherited.

Hulse and Commons had higher values then, and the five players who we still have were probably worth alot more.

Now Brayford and Bailey and a few others will have increased in value but squads are like cars.....they tend to depreciate in value.

Its obvious we havent spent much overall. But I was pleased that at least we have spent £3 - £3.5m this summer.

I always thought that this wasn't enough but at least we have made some progress this summer. What interests me in Clough's quote was the reference to when the rules change. I thought that the new investment signalled a bit of a change of heart by GSE. Now it looks like it might have just been a rush to spend before the rules change.

I better shut up now or I'll upset Daveo :o

( I blame struanw for all the pendantic debate cr@p....not sure I like being labelled a DET reject though....Not my day....got packed in by the girlfriend too.....She'll come round.........maybe........or possibly not ).

Sounds to be like he can afford a pack of Tesco frozen burgers but he'd rather sell some unwanted household junk on eBay and buy a nice steak.

At the moment he's got no watchers or bids on any of his listings although he's happy to wait for his steak even if it means relisting them for a longer duration.

Let's be honest here, who wouldn't want a steak instead of a chewy frozen burger?

Thats spot on ......couldn't of written it better myself.

I think we should divide according to our allegiances and meet up for a fight at Markeaton park. I can't see any way of solving this by other means. I'll bring the booze.

How would we sort out our allegiances?

Board out

Clough out

Board and Clough out

Tits out

It'd be like The People's Front of Judea v The Judean People's Front.....

It's interesting that Leacock and Bywater are the final remaining Billy signings.

Maybe the departure of these two will truly mean the end of an era and the monkey off our backs that is the horrible little man's legacy.

I'm surprised that no one has come in for Bywater even as an understudy.

But for Leacock, I personally have nothing against him and I enjoy his ability to engage with the fans on Fb, but he really isn't a very good defender.

I actually like Leacock, if you can deal with the odd defensive lapse and keep him on form then he's a solid enough defender at this level.

If I were at Peterborough i'd be making Leacock and someone like Bruma on loan a top priority. Probably keep them in this league quite comfortably if the rest of the team was decent.

Archived