Clough 2 more, sell sell sell first

Day

Before I start please note that I come from a financial background and I'm not blindly backing the Board however

If I was a Board member I would provide my Manager with a total Budget for that year. This is to be split between wages and transfer fees (including agency fees) and any Transfer fees received is added to the budget.

As a Derby County Board member I would expect that this budget would be in line with the Revenues we receive. Therefore our budget (excluding idiots like Leicester) should be at the top end of this division.

Once armed with this then the Manager should be expected to get us top half / in contention of the play-offs.

I would then decide on the managers fate around Easter time if we had no hopes of making the play-offs then bye-bye.

As to our current predicament - everyone knows we need to get rid of a few to enable us to get more in. It is in line with the budget. If Leacock & Bywater are on say £15K per week each (this is an example I have no idea of salaries) then them alone would provide an extra £1.5M for our budget. Half of which could be used as transfer fee the other half wages.

I cannot be critical of the Board in regard to the above as it is good financial control

straight from the realms of football manager :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, think you'll have to go back to the NEP forum to find my true identity. I have been on these forums now for close to 6 years! :eek:

Blimey, 6 years and you still aint found a life in the real world yet? :D

Archived