Cheers from Brazil!

Ingo

Hello there. My name is Ingo and I am a Liverpool FC supporter from Brazil.

You are probably asking yourself 'what the heck is this guy doing here?'. Well:

December 2007 one of my biggest dreams was about to come true. Finally, I'd be able to leave Brazil for the first time and visit England. I had a very good friend who was born in England and spent his whole childhood in my city, before going back to the UK. We became best friends and he is the reason I support Liverpool.

Well, when he went back to England, his dad got a job in Repton, tiny tiny village near Derby. This was also my destination on my trip, since I was set to spend three weeks with his family in Derbyshire!

You all know, that was the season Derby was in the Prem, and when my friend told me he had got us tickets for a few games, I couldn't be more excited. I admittedly knew nothing about Derby, all I knew is that you guys had what I thought was a sheep in your crest. :D

Well, arriving in Derby, on my very first weekend there we got the chance to go see Derby County x Middlesbrough. M'Boro won, Tuncay scored. I then had headed for a road trip to Anfield, to see my beloved team beat Portsmouth by 4x1. Next week, Liverpool was going to Pride Park! Yet again, we won, thanks to a goal by Gerrard in the last gasp. (I was in the Derby side, had to control myself not to scream like a maniac. :rolleyes:). Finally, I also attended Derby's defeat against Blackburn. I remember Oakley scored and Derby then had a penalty awarded for them. I told my friend "If you guys miss this, Blackburn will end up winning". Done. Howard missed it and Blackburn ended up winning, pretty much relegating Derby.

My point is: I feel a need to congratulate you all. Derby County is now my second team and I follow team news every time I can. You are amazing supporters, and the atmosphere in Pride Park was amazing (What an awesome stadium you guys have too! Much more comfortable then Anfield. :D). Even with the team in a dreadful position as you were, you never stopped singing for one second and that really amazed me.

Congratulations to you all. Derby County is an amazing team with even better supporters. I will be back to Pride Park one day, it is a life goal, now. :)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where abouts in Brazil are you located?

Whats the situation with the world cup and the stadium developments? Coming along nicely?

I'm definately gonna head over to Brazil for the World Cup, as I'm based reletively close (Flights will cost me no more than 400-500 dollars I reckon)

Nice English by the way, assuming you are Brazilian..

Also with the support, we acted like that because every game going in we knew were going to lose.. After beating Newcastle 1-0, were had 4 points from 7 games (not entirely disastrious having already played Arsenal, City, Spurs and Liverpool away) and then came our big chance with winnable games against West Ham, Fulham, Bolton, Reading, Everton and Villa (we picked up 2 points) and therefore we all knew after this we were down!

Where abouts in Brazil are you located?

Whats the situation with the world cup and the stadium developments? Coming along nicely?

I'm definately gonna head over to Brazil for the World Cup, as I'm based reletively close (Flights will cost me no more than 400-500 dollars I reckon)

Nice English by the way, assuming you are Brazilian..

Also with the support, we acted like that because every game going in we knew were going to lose.. After beating Newcastle 1-0, were had 4 points from 7 games (not entirely disastrious having already played Arsenal, City, Spurs and Liverpool away) and then came our big chance with winnable games against West Ham, Fulham, Bolton, Reading, Everton and Villa (we picked up 2 points) and therefore we all knew after this we were down!

Southern Brazil. Big city called Curitiba, we are going to get a few games.

It's all pretty unorganized. Our politicians/main-authorities are mostly dirty thiefs. However, ever since FIFA started complaining, things are running 'smoother'. I hope people don't come here expecting the infra-structure Germany had, for example, because that deff won't happen. Might be better then South Africa, tough. Where do you live?

And yeah, I basically taught myself English. :D Best thing I've ever done, since I can actually win money with this. (I give english classes as a part-time job. :) )

And yeah, I remember a game against Aston Villa (I think) where a group of supporters started chanting 'Let's pretend we scored a goal!!!' hahaha I thought it was hilarious.

Hello there. My name is Ingo and I am a Liverpool FC supporter from Brazil.

You are probably asking yourself 'what the heck is this guy doing here?'. Well:

December 2007 one of my biggest dreams was about to come true. Finally, I'd be able to leave Brazil for the first time and visit England. I had a very good friend who was born in England and spent his whole childhood in my city, before going back to the UK. We became best friends and he is the reason I support Liverpool.

Well, when he went back to England, his dad got a job in Repton, tiny tiny village near Derby. This was also my destination on my trip, since I was set to spend three weeks with his family in Derbyshire!

You all know, that was the season Derby was in the Prem, and when my friend told me he had got us tickets for a few games, I couldn't be more excited. I admittedly knew nothing about Derby, all I knew is that you guys had what I thought was a sheep in your crest. :D

Well, arriving in Derby, on my very first weekend there we got the chance to go see Derby County x Middlesbrough. M'Boro won, Tuncay scored. I then had headed for a road trip to Anfield, to see my beloved team beat Portsmouth by 4x1. Next week, Liverpool was going to Pride Park! Yet again, we won, thanks to a goal by Gerrard in the last gasp. (I was in the Derby side, had to control myself not to scream like a maniac. :rolleyes:). Finally, I also attended Derby's defeat against Blackburn. I remember Oakley scored and Derby then had a penalty awarded for them. I told my friend "If you guys miss this, Blackburn will end up winning". Done. Howard missed it and Blackburn ended up winning, pretty much relegating Derby.

My point is: I feel a need to congratulate you all. Derby County is now my second team and I follow team news every time I can. You are amazing supporters, and the atmosphere in Pride Park was amazing (What an awesome stadium you guys have too! Much more comfortable then Anfield. :D). Even with the team in a dreadful position as you were, you never stopped singing for one second and that really amazed me.

Congratulations to you all. Derby County is an amazing team with even better supporters. I will be back to Pride Park one day, it is a life goal, now. :)

I'll join in with Bris and congratulate you on your English, it's perfect. Where did you pick up all the colloquialisms?

I admire you pickin Derby as your second team. Do you know much about our history? It's fair to say we're a bigger club than our league position suggests.

If you can get hold of it, watch a film called "The Damned United". It's a film about Leeds but large bits of it, nearly half of it, is about when Derby peaked.

I'll join in with Bris and congratulate you on your English, it's perfect. Where did you pick up all the colloquialisms?

I admire you pickin Derby as your second team. Do you know much about our history? It's fair to say we're a bigger club than our league position suggests.

If you can get hold of it, watch a film called "The Damned United". It's a film about Leeds but large bits of it, nearly half of it, is about when Derby peaked.

If he answers that then he knows the English language better than me!

Yeah, after I came back to Brazil I read a lot about Derby and eventually watched the movie. See, English football here is basically Man Utd + Chelsea + Arsenal and sometimes Liverpool and Man City. The only way to get info on the smaller teams on the EPL and on the Championship is visiting English websites.

And I believe colloquialisms is the everyday speaking ways, right? (It is, just checked on google. :p). Well, I've been on a LFC forum for a while, and you know how Scousers are. :p And I don't know, been speaking english everyday for 10 years now, I ended up getting most of the vocabulary I guess.

Ingo, hello and welcome to the forum.

Can I ask you one question?

What are the ladies like in Brazil? because in Mexico they're mingers.

Mingers is old english for "A face like a cows arse"

Hahaha, good thing about Brazil is that we have every type of girl you can think of. My region is mostly german/polish, so we have a lot of light-skinned, blue-eyed goddesses :D. If you go a little bit north, there are the farmer's daughters.. little bit north again and you'll find the darker skinned with the... biggest attributes. :D

Southern Brazil. Big city called Curitiba, we are going to get a few games.

It's all pretty unorganized. Our politicians/main-authorities are mostly dirty thiefs. However, ever since FIFA started complaining, things are running 'smoother'. I hope people don't come here expecting the infra-structure Germany had, for example, because that deff won't happen. Might be better then South Africa, tough. Where do you live?

Are there going to be any games held in that city? Also you must be pretty excited with the new Brazilian TV deals, the league is getting stronger and better players are sticking around or joining the big clubs.. I live in Mexico and also a Chivas fan, I was gutted when they lost the Libertadores final last year against Inter but D'Alessandro was a class above.

Ingo, hello and welcome to the forum.

Can I ask you one question?

What are the ladies like in Brazil? because in Mexico they're mingers.

Mingers is old english for "A face like a cows arse"

I introduce you to the most beautiful woman in the world (officially) from Guadalajara..

http://www.dancewithshadows.com/pageants/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/elisa-najera-bikini

She does look beautiful but kinda the 'could be a ladyboy' sort of beautiful.

You have to be very careful mate, it's strange in latin america plus south east asian countries you can find the most beautiful women in the world, but it doesn't half cross your mind when it comes down to it..

I've fortunately never been in that position, but I've heard some stories..

Near where I live there is a part where they wait on the corners like prostitutes and guys actually pick them up, I've even spoken to one as she(he) was interested in studying English and I couldn't tell the difference at first, it was only when she(he) spoke and told me that I noticed.. Looks wise she(he) passed 95% for a female.. (5% for the cheekbone structure of a guy)

Heard there are many knocking about in Brazil.. Perhaps our new friend Ingo can give us the run down.

Are there going to be any games held in that city? Also you must be pretty excited with the new Brazilian TV deals, the league is getting stronger and better players are sticking around or joining the big clubs.. I live in Mexico and also a Chivas fan, I was gutted when they lost the Libertadores final last year against Inter but D'Alessandro was a class above.
Yes, my city has the most modern stadium in Brazil, the Kyocera Arena, where Atlético plays (hate them :mad:). We are probably gonna get a couple of games in the 16's and quarter-finals. Biggest games will be Rio and São Paulo.

Well, a few years ago the Brazilian league was pretty ridiculous.. It's getting much better, we have a lot of good players who are not actually leaving in the first opportunity. My team, Coritiba, might sign Alex from Fenerbahçe, which is very exciting.

And no, no contact with lady-boys, hahahah.

Archived