The Killing

rezner

Yet again an American cop drama.:rolleyes:

This is for me one of the best.

The acting is amazing ,the story fantastic and tragic.

It looks awesome.

And it nearly made me cry:eek:

I urge you all to see it.

10/10

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the fist two episodes last night on C4. It was alright. The lead woman has a strange face i can't take my eyes off. Apart from that i'm not sure what all the hype was about. :

Oh and it's not American....It's Swedish. The original was shown on BBC4 with subtitles, this one has been Amercanised but the charachters play it exactly the same and it's retained the same soundtrack even

I thought the original swedish version was brilliant, so decided not to watch the american one, but with these good crits I'll give it a go.

With the swedish, I ouldn't believe I waited every week for 10 weeks to watch 2 hours with sub-titles!

It was very taut, quite slow moving at times so you had time to get to know the characters. Also liked that there weren't constant flashbacks to violent scenes that we seem to get on british programmes. When somebody gets their head caved in I remember what it's like and don't need a flashback every time it's mentioned!

Original was Danish actually but totally agree that it was brilliant. Why does the USA have to re-make every foreign proramme - can't Americans read sub-titles?

Couldn't agree more! Though did you need sub-titles at the end of the sentence? :D

( apologies to those who think making fun of americans is racist!)

I started off watching it and thought - what a load of carp - I think I was trying too hard and couldn't tell what they were saying, then I got into it and have to say I quite enjoyed it.

Kept wanting to turn the brightness up a bit - (I know, I know), but other than that it was good. I thought the acting by the victims parents was excellent - got me quite choked up. :o

Didn't hear about the original until it was half way through it's run so was keen to watch this one. So far it's looking really good, plot wise with the slow pace and political angle it's very similar to The Wire whereas the whole look of of it reminds me of Twin Peaks but without the weird little midget talking backwards...

I'm already guessing it's the annoying assitant to the Mayoral candidate, watch this space...

Didn't hear about the original until it was half way through it's run so was keen to watch this one. So far it's looking really good, plot wise with the slow pace and political angle it's very similar to The Wire whereas the whole look of of it reminds me of Twin Peaks but without the weird little midget talking backwards...

I'm already guessing it's the annoying assitant to the Mayoral candidate, watch this space...

Too obvious, surely? That Halloween party in the basement, was somebody killed on that bloody mattress or was it a load of teenagers at a party losing their virginity on it? :D

I think it's the Dads work mate ;):D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived