Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FAO StaffsRam

Reference our conversation about Derby being boring the other day.

AHEM

[url=

Context.

The last 4 years seem uneventful for us based on what's gone before. 2 stints in the top flight, 2 play offs, 1 Wembley trip/win, a cup SF, and relegations. That's just in this millennium. We're used to more than just 'steadying the ship', but, 'steadying the ship' has been necessary.

By contrast, Forest have what? No top flight experience to speak of, at all, 0 cup runs, 3 years in the third tier, no Wembley trips, and more often than not the knowledge that come what may, you were going to be bettered by your neighbours.

Based on that, it's small wonder that you consider two failed playoffs and a near-relegation as 'exciting'. Exciting for us is actually playing in the top flight, and going to Wembley. Hence anything less than that, ie. stability, is not 'exciting', ie. boring.

Re the attendances, well surely you can appreciate that more than anyone. Didn't you swear off attending any more games after you were beaten at our place last year?

Context.

The last 4 years seem uneventful for us based on what's gone before. 2 stints in the top flight, 2 play offs, 1 Wembley trip/win, a cup SF, and relegations. That's just in this millennium. We're used to more than just 'steadying the ship', but, 'steadying the ship' has been necessary.

By contrast, Forest have what? No top flight experience to speak of, at all, 0 cup runs, 3 years in the third tier, no Wembley trips, and more often than not the knowledge that come what may, you were going to be bettered by your neighbours.

Based on that, it's small wonder that you consider two failed playoffs and a near-relegation as 'exciting'. Exciting for us is actually playing in the top flight, and going to Wembley. Hence anything less than that, ie. stability, is not 'exciting', ie. boring.

Re the attendances, well surely you can appreciate that more than anyone. Didn't you swear off attending any more games after you were beaten at our place last year?

That's absolute b0llocks mate and you know it. A good cup run can only give you so much excitement one match at a time. But 3 seasons ago and 2 seasons ago respectively we have got to january time and been so excited at the possibility of finishing top of the table and then we have all season long to battle out the top places. That is excitement.

You on the other hand have had nothing, literally nothing to get excited about recently, I mean honestly when you're in mid-season and you're looking at the bottom-middle of the table don't you just think "Ok we're going nowhere we will end up mid table probably so what's the point of even following the team, it's meaningless."

I personally cannot imagine how boring that must be for you

That's absolute b0llocks mate and you know it. A good cup run can only give you so much excitement one match at a time. But 3 seasons ago and 2 seasons ago respectively we have got to january time and been so excited at the possibility of finishing top of the table and then we have all season long to battle out the top places. That is excitement.

You on the other hand have had nothing, literally nothing to get excited about recently, I mean honestly when you're in mid-season and you're looking at the bottom-middle of the table don't you just think "Ok we're going nowhere we will end up mid table probably so what's the point of even following the team, it's meaningless."

I personally cannot imagine how boring that must be for you

Seriously, you entertained the notion of finishing top in those seasons? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> Fooking priceless.

The average Derby fan will have no known in both of those seasons that;

1) we weren't going up

2) we weren't going down

3) you weren't going up

4) you weren't going down

I suppose things probably were more exciting for you in those couple of years - fantasy is often far more entertaining than reality.

As for 'recent', well we were in with a shout for the playoffs for much of last season. When we got to January, yep, still in with a shout. What exactly were Forest fans thinking? Or were you too busy programming the satnav with co-ordinates to Yeovil again?

Red Dawn you are a proper tool

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> What have I done now?

Well i weigh 88kg and consider myself to be a fat ****. Let me guess, it's all muscle???

Easily!

Lol. Honestly though. Are you happy with finishing mid table for the fifth year in a row? Surely you would want Nigel to mount a serious promotion push this year?

Sky Sports understands Nottingham Forest have failed to win work permits for three of their Kuwaiti trialists. Striker Bader Al-Mutawwa, central defender Hussein Fadel, and goalkeeper Khalid Al-Rashidi have all been on trial at Forest but the club have unable to get work permits for the trio

Unlucky 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Archived