Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Connor Sammon 1.2 million hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

Maybe you should have spent that on some decent defenders that know how to keep clean sheets!

We got Danny Collins, Greg Halford and Dan Harding for the same price as Connor Sammon, you've been completely ripped off by Wigan.

For a team that rarely spends much money, when you do pay a lot for a player you'd think they'd be better than Connor Sammon. He has only scored goals and not actually that many, in the SPL which is similar to scoring in League 2 FFS.

The only way is down for Derby County

Sorry we can't compete with Leicester and Forest's huge wage bills and transfer fees, I'm sure you'll both win the league by Christmas.

No I'm not saying its a good think to 'splash cash' like Leicester, as it often doesn't work especially in a league like this... What I am saying is, you don't spend a lot and are run fairly sensibly if rather unambishously... You don't usually spend a lot of money but sign players omfron the lower leagues and hope they come good, but what I don't understand is, when Clough has over a million to spend on players, why on earth would he spend 1.2 million on Connor Sammon, that is a ridiculous fee!!

Cox has scored 5 goals in the last 2 seasons. 4 of which have come in the League Cup. You've paid £2m for him. That's a ridiculous fee.

And this is the guy to improve your 'striking department'?

If Blackstock goes to Swansea you're truly fooked as the rest of your strikers are absolute garbage;

Findley - 3 league goals in the last 2 seasons

McGoaldrought - 9 league goals in the last 3 seasons

Tudgay - 12 league goals in the last 2 seasons

Miller - 9 league goals in the last 4 seasons

Derbyshire - 1 league goal in the last 2 seasons

13 seasons' worth of football, and between them they have a whopping collection of 25 league goals. That's not even 2 per season on average.

Theo alone has 15 in the last 2 seasons.....

I don't think Forest are in any position to laugh about strikers - not when we have such rich material ourselves - £2m for a striker with 1 league goal to his name in 24 months - fooking priceless.

Why would we as supporters care how much money we spend on players.. Why would I feel embarrassed by a transfer fee we paid for a striker..

Fact is, Forest have about 9 strikers all of which are as bad as eachother...

Derby will see more goals than Forest this season, Derby will see higher quality football this season, Derby will have more entertainment this season, Derby will beat Forest at PP this season, Derby have a better stadium that Forest, isn't it cheaper to watch Derby aswell?

Ask youselves.. Who are the real winners here? Derby fans or Forest fans?

Why would we as supporters care how much money we spend on players.. Why would I feel embarrassed by a transfer fee we paid for a striker..

Derby will see more goals than Forest this season, Derby will see higher quality football this season, Derby will have more entertainment this season, Derby will beat Forest at PP this season, Derby have a better stadium that Forest, isn't it cheaper to watch Derby aswell?

He's back!!!!

Cox has scored 5 goals in the last 2 seasons. 4 of which have come in the League Cup. You've paid £2m for him. That's a ridiculous fee.

And this is the guy to improve your 'striking department'?

If Blackstock goes to Swansea you're truly fooked as the rest of your strikers are absolute garbage;

Findley - 3 league goals in the last 2 seasons

McGoaldrought - 9 league goals in the last 3 seasons

Tudgay - 12 league goals in the last 2 seasons

Miller - 9 league goals in the last 4 seasons

Derbyshire - 1 league goal in the last 2 seasons

13 seasons' worth of football, and between them they have a whopping collection of 25 league goals. That's not even 2 per season on average.

Theo alone has 15 in the last 2 seasons.....

I don't think Forest are in any position to laugh about strikers - not when we have such rich material ourselves - £2m for a striker with 1 league goal to his name in 24 months - fooking priceless.

To be fair Cox has been played on the wing for most of that time, so applying that logic to him isn't exactly painting a genuine picture.

As for the rest of the strikers:

Blackstock - your bang right, he's a big part of our side and losing him would be a big blow.

Findley - Has barely played due to injuries & w&nk managers. He looked very good in front of goals at times, think Tyson with less pace but more goal threat, capable of 10-15 goals if he gets the games.

McGoaldrought - Utter dogsh*t - out of contract this year so might improve towards the end of his term, but a waste of a wage.

Tudgay - Underated. Not a goalscorer, but a workhorse and good in the air. Squad player, but a good one.

Miller - Dogsh*t. Looks dangerous at times, but between his attitude & injury record it's take a minor miracle for him to ever fullfill his potential.

Derbyshire - Dogsh*ttest of the lot. Falls over. That's it.

Thankfully, we have a midfield in Geddy, Reid, Raddy, Cohen and McGugan that are more than capable of grabbing goals. We'll play 5 in the middle for a lot of games with Raddy/Reid/McGugan as support strikers. Worked well for us against Leeds & Brum last year (7-3 & 3-0 away wins). Out of those 10 goals 8 were scored by midfielders &, as Spain proved, relying on a striker in the modern game isn't necessary.

bris,

thats the most positive post I have ever read of yours, and frankly I agree..

Is there forum that ***** that they have to come over here to talk about there clubs, has that been taken over drugs and gangs aswell..

Nottingham is full of scummy proven by the fact they were rioting there last year, all we had was a few chavs in allenton!!

scummy city, scummy people and most importantly a scummy football club!

To be fair Cox has been played on the wing for most of that time, so applying that logic to him isn't exactly painting a genuine picture.

But you can't have it both ways. Sammon's 1 goal in 34 is hardly a genuine picture considering that of those 34 appearances 24 were as sub.

Also, being on the wing shouldn't preclude him from scoring goals. Jarvis scored 8 league goals last year in a Wolves side that was easily relegated.

Findley - Has barely played due to injuries & w&nk managers. He looked very good in front of goals at times, think Tyson with less pace but more goal threat, capable of 10-15 goals if he gets the games.

Findley - 3 goals in 25 games. The season before that when he was in the MLS, he scored 5 in 24.

Tudgay - Underated. Not a goalscorer, but a workhorse and good in the air. Squad player, but a good one.

Again, you can't have it both ways. This is exactly how Wigan fans describe Sammon, and exactly the kind of striker we need. We're not exactly struggling for goals.

Thankfully, we have a midfield in Geddy, Reid, Raddy, Cohen and McGugan that are more than capable of grabbing goals. We'll play 5 in the middle for a lot of games with Raddy/Reid/McGugan as support strikers. Worked well for us against Leeds & Brum last year (7-3 & 3-0 away wins). Out of those 10 goals 8 were scored by midfielders &, as Spain proved, relying on a striker in the modern game isn't necessary.

Gorgonzola - 1 goal in 19 last season

Reid - 2 goals in 39 last season

Majewski - 5 in 22 last season

Cohen - 0 goals in 9 last season (2 in 47 the season before that)

McGugan - 5 in 40 last season

Greening - 0 goals in 36 last season

Are you sure these are the guys to make up for your goal-shy strikers? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

bris,

thats the most positive post I have ever read of yours, and frankly I agree..

Is there forum that ***** that they have to come over here to talk about there clubs, has that been taken over drugs and gangs aswell..

Nottingham is full of scummy proven by the fact they were rioting there last year, all we had was a few chavs in allenton!!

scummy city, scummy people and most importantly a scummy football club!

Let's have a look at the main places where rioting took place shall we.......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2011/aug/09/uk-riots-incident-map

London

Manchester

Liverpool

Birmingham

Nottingham

Bristol..................

I think you'll find it's called being a city.

is still find this hilarious 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

[size=5]'1977 Derby was made a city.'[/size]

[url=http://www.localhistories.org/derby.html]http://www.localhist....org/derby.html

its like a lil town in last of the summer wine

Get it right please Stan - the correct phrase is 'proper football town' - no wonder you're always green over our attendances and head-to-head record over the past two decades.....

But you can't have it both ways. Sammon's 1 goal in 34 is hardly a genuine picture considering that of those 34 appearances 24 were as sub.

Also, being on the wing shouldn't preclude him from scoring goals. Jarvis scored 8 league goals last year in a Wolves side that was easily relegated.

Findley - 3 goals in 25 games. The season before that when he was in the MLS, he scored 5 in 24.

Again, you can't have it both ways. This is exactly how Wigan fans describe Sammon, and exactly the kind of striker we need. We're not exactly struggling for goals.

Gorgonzola - 1 goal in 19 last season

Reid - 2 goals in 39 last season

Majewski - 5 in 22 last season

Cohen - 0 goals in 9 last season (2 in 47 the season before that)

McGugan - 5 in 40 last season

Greening - 0 goals in 36 last season

Are you sure these are the guys to make up for your goal-shy strikers? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

The Salmon comparison is a fair one, although if you're bringing sub appearances into it Cox scored 10 goals from 32 starts, 33 subs at WBA - consider that thats mainly from the wing and that he's only played 10 min for us and has an assist to his name already, and I think he'll do well.

Findley looks good in front of goal, he's not consistant or of a quality enough to be more than a 10-15 goal a season man, but as reserve striker he'll do his job.

As for the midfield they've plenty of goals in them

Geddy's 1 in 1 this season and hit the bar, got unlucky etc. no end of times last year.

Raddy's goal record is good enough for me - he's mainly a playmaker and creates a lot and 5 in 22 is 10-12 in a full season - enough for me considering others will chip in too.

Cohen will chip in with the odd goal, but your right he's not a goalscorer per say. The reason I included him is that he is capable of scoring if given the chance, unlike certain midfielders who bottle it.

McGugan - 13 in the season before, on form and with a decent manager and he'll net 10-15.

Greening - Holding midfielder who'll barely go near goal to be fair.

And above all last years midfield was bypassed 9/10 times by hoofmaster Cotterill. Looking at any of their stats from last term is viewing them in the worst light possible - which SOD is already showing won't be the case this year for the simple fact he actually allows the midfield to play.

And we're looking to sign a right winger too, so more options there.

With the population of Nottingham you would surely expect them to get between 30,000 and 40,000 fans at home games each week, at least?? Or would most people rather watch the ice hockey??

Crist no - them ******* glory boys are what got Davies the elbow and a **** like McClaren employed. The loyal 20-25k we've had for the last few decades and who were t here in L1 will do me, the glory fans can piss off.

With the population of Nottingham you would surely expect them to get between 30,000 and 40,000 fans at home games each week, at least?? Or would most people rather watch the ice hockey??

attendances again? zzzzzzz

The Salmon comparison is a fair one, although if you're bringing sub appearances into it Cox scored 10 goals from 32 starts, 33 subs at WBA - consider that thats mainly from the wing and that he's only played 10 min for us and has an assist to his name already, and I think he'll do well.

The general point was that stats can be misleading. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Findley looks good in front of goal, he's not consistant or of a quality enough to be more than a 10-15 goal a season man, but as reserve striker he'll do his job.

I still think you got sold a You Tube pup on that one mate.

As for the midfield they've plenty of goals in them

Geddy's 1 in 1 this season and hit the bar, got unlucky etc. no end of times last year.

Raddy's goal record is good enough for me - he's mainly a playmaker and creates a lot.

Cohen will chip in, but your right he's not a goalscorer per say.

McGugan - 13 in the season before, on form and with a decent manager and he'll net 10-15.

Greening - Holding midfielder who'll barely go near goal to be fair.

Largely the same midfield you ended the season with last year isn't it? Minus McCleary. The signing of wingers before the transfer window shuts is a must for you by the looks of it. Don't practically all of those play through the middle?

And above all last years midfield was bypassed 9/10 times by hoofmaster Cotterill. Looking at any of their stats from last term is viewing them in the worst light possible - which SOD is already showing won't be the case this year for the simple fact he actually allows the midfield to play.

But, but, what about Schteve? Surely he wanted the game played how it should be? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

Archived