Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@skysportsrobp: Nigel Clough on Conor Sammon: "We've monitored his progress at Wigan and know he's capable of finding back of the net." Latics goals: one

Maybe because they watched him for most of the previous season when he was playing regularly?

I assume this Simon Cox is a 1 in 2 goal scorer if you paid £2million for him?

Simon Cox is more prolific than Connor Sammon

What with his 3 in 31 last season

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> Sammon wasn't given a chance at Wigan, most of his appearances were subs in the last 10 mins, and Wigan's higest scorer last season only scored 7.

Simon Cox is more prolific than Connor Sammon

And double the price.

Connor Sammon was probably more prolific than the rest of your forward line put together last season.

connor sammon

kilmarnock

65 appearances

25 goals

wigan

32 appearances

1 goal

do we get points for what he did at his previous clubs? or do we get points for what he does at our club? - I am not worried about the stats, how **** of a manager must you have to be to look at stats then make a decision?

just saying, wigan werent exactly keen to keep him were they?

i personally think youve lost a good player in steve davies and gained an average on in sammon

If you're looking at stats then yes, but for our team Steve Davies is not what we currently need - he was last season when we didn't create as many chances and he could pull a rabbit out of the hat, but this season we've gone back to style we played when commons, bueno...etc were here - very creative, but we need that focal point upfront, we had Kuqi for that, if he can do the same job as Kuqi did here. I would be absolutely delighted and it would be the best 1.2million we've ever spent!

also how many times have you seen Sammon play in the flesh? because I bloody haven't!

Tyson has outscored your strikers so far / come to think of it Buxton has scored more than your whole team put together.

And McClaren had more points this time last season than Davies had at the same time the season before *facepalm*

Seriously, DCFC might be in for a decent season with a few more signings, but FFS trying to kid yourselves that Tyson is a goalscorer and that you're not currently a bottom 5 side is doing yourselves a diservice.

Qwerty1 makes a valid point - that's a poor stat. Salmon will do better in this league, but would I trade Blackstock & Cox for Tyson & Salmon? Never in a mellenium.

Tyson's pace is ace and he's a top player to keep the opposition on the back foot. In front of goal though he's pretty **** and will do well to get 10 a season.

Archived