Arsenal glory days gone ??

ramexpat

never underestimate a great manager

Sir Alex Ferguson has repeatedly got rid of his galacticos and its made no difference.

And Wenger IS a great manager.

Agree with that too.

His weaknesses are obvious. He's had the same problems for years and everyone can see where he's coming up short.

But wow! What a masterpiece he's created. Can you imagine anyone else managing Arsenal? What a tough act to follow. Even more so that Ferguson because he's given Arsenal a very strong identity. The strongest in the country.

I think Mourinho is a genius, if anyone can topple this Barca side then imo it can only be him. But i'd hate to see him go to Arsenal say. I think he'd get them winning trophies. But they'd become so much "nastier". The beautiful football would take second row. That wouldn't be what i'd want if i was an Arsenal fan.

Don't like Wenger though! Moaning sod.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if any of you use to follow basketball do you remember the Chicago Bulls team that had , Jordan , Scottie Pippen , Dennis Rodman , Longley , won everything for years ,, then one year decided to get rid of all the team and start from youth, have not won a thing since,, could be a case for Arsenal except they have not really won anything recently

I think Arsene just wants a shake up, get rid of players that cause media attention and bring in some new talent. Plenty of money to spend, great youth setup and a few hardnut CBs will certainly be in by the end of July. I wouldn't be to concerned if i was an Arsenal fan, Cesc is amazing but what good is he for club harmony now. Ferguson wouldn't let it draw out that long, get shot and get the cash.

No doubt some Arsenal fans will question the ambition, question the manager and what have you but at the end of the day all 3 want to leave. £60m+ I'd be quite happy with, Wenger won't go out on a massive spending spree that's not his style and Arsenal fans should know that by now.

I also don't see Arsenal becoming a mid-table team as said in this thread, they will however face a tough battle with Liverpool and Spurs for 4th place, can't see them finishing below 6th.

Archived