The First "Twansfer" - after Hodgsons many of course. P.S I'm Gay

dcfcdavecov

Yeovil Town boss Terry Skiverton hails first 'twansfer'

Yeovil Town manager Terry Skiverton says his Twitter followers should take credit for the signing of striker Kieran Agard.

Skiverton approached fans on the social networking site and asked them to send him suggestions on possible targets.

"A few people are calling it the first 'twansfer'," he told BBC Somerset.

"I'll be retweeting the ones that came up with the name Kieran Agard. There's a couple of people who had mentioned him, so they'll be taking the credit."

Agard joined the Glovers on Wednesday on a one-year deal following his release from Everton.

And Skiverton says giving the supporters an opportunity to get involved in scouting for new talent has been a positive process.

"The help from the supporters has been magnificent," he said.

"What I didn't realise was other supporters from other clubs had jumped on the bandwagon. I've had supporters from Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Championship clubs like Cardiff, all telling me about their best youngsters and players are available on loan.

"The supporters sometimes feel left behind but in this case they've been asked for their opinion.

"I'm trying to do it a different way by giving them a bit of interest and it's been excellent."

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, this shows that if a club is on a very tight budget then if you consult with the fans now and again it can broaden who you may look at and want to buy or loan. I wouldn't do it for every transfer but if you do it every summer window and take some time and look at some of the suggestions, go and watch them play then what is the harm?

to me many of some others managers decisions smacks of that but it is weird how you never pick up on that ;) to me it is listening to the fans for some suggestions which is a sensible idea, he took a look at one which a few had said he looks good and he came up trumps, for a lower league club this is a good way to broaden their horizons and look at players they might otherwise not have looked at.

Dont think there's any harm in it as long as it isnt taken over seriously, if a few of the fans suggest the same player then i dont see anything wrong with the club taking a look at him. Scouts at the club may have missed something and it gets the fans involved with the club more.

Archived