Would you happy with....

sage

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but they won't tyson has scored 4 in 2 years why would he get 15 this year? maguire again got 12 in a poorer league than the championship so why would he get 15 this season, for me we need a frontman who is guranteed to get goals in this division.

Name an out and out goalscorer, would you have said Danny Graham last summer? How about Grant Holt? All comes down to confidence and tactical know how as much as goal scoring ability.

actually i said both of those and rickie lambert.

actually yes, both had good records with their clubs at the time albeit in lower divisions i pointed to that when i said i think we should sign one of them, holt had a bad time with forest but forest weren't exactly great then either.

I don't think you are being honest there mate, no one would have said Danny Graham a year ago. No one would have said Commons would have 13 by the half way stage either. Goal scorers are only uncovered once you develop a system at a club and they thrive in it, if we play Tyson CF and feed him with quality he may hit form and go goal crazy you just don't know.

but they won't tyson has scored 4 in 2 years why would he get 15 this year? maguire again got 12 in a poorer league than the championship so why would he get 15 this season, for me we need a frontman who is guranteed to get goals in this division.

To be fair to the div from up the road he was played out of position for those two seasons. When he's played as a striker he has bagged on a regular basis...

As Worksop says, if the majority of our front players chip in with 10-15 goals each we'll be up there. We only had one player to acheive that last season and look what happened...

Yeah but they were at different clubs playing with different squads, football does not work like that. Just because you sign a guy that scored for fun at another club does not guarantee anything.

it may not but generally the best goalscorers score at a lot of clubs, e.g. billy sharp scored for donny and for scunny had a tough time at sheffield but a lot do at sheffield united, i would love it if we bought him, chopra, why not good at this level consistant and scores.

I don't think you are being honest there mate, no one would have said Danny Graham a year ago. No one would have said Commons would have 13 by the half way stage either. Goal scorers are only uncovered once you develop a system at a club and they thrive in it, if we play Tyson CF and feed him with quality he may hit form and go goal crazy you just don't know.

i am being honest, graham has been good at watford this year and last year, i didn't think commons would put together a run but there you go, i don't think tyson will, from who i have talked to he has pace but no end product e.g. theo robinson. I think he will flop and not be much good and would want a proven goalscorer at this level which we don't possess.

To be fair to the div from up the road he was played out of position for those two seasons. When he's played as a striker he has bagged on a regular basis...

As Worksop says, if the majority of our front players chip in with 10-15 goals each we'll be up there. We only had one player to acheive that last season and look what happened...

sorry but that isn't really true 4 goals in 2 seasons? that is awful and he only plays well against us, if 4 players chip in with 10 goals that is 40 goals, you need around 70 goals at least to be up there so you need another 30 maybe even 40 from your squad.

sorry but that isn't really true 4 goals in 2 seasons? that is awful and he only plays well against us, if 4 players chip in with 10 goals that is 40 goals, you need around 70 goals at least to be up there so you need another 30 from your squad.

One against us (not hard), one against Norwich off his arse. Tis terrible

Wycombe Wanderers (loan) Second Division 10 3 0 0 0 0 10 3

Wycombe Wanderers 11 6 0 0 0 0 11 6

2004–05 League Two 42 22 2 0 1 0 47 22

2005–06 15 11 1 0 2 2 19 13

Nottingham Forest (loan) League One 8 2 0 0 0 0 8 2

Nottingham Forest 20 8 0 0 0 0 20 8

2006–07 24 7 5 2 0 0 30 9

2007–08 34 9 3 2 1 1 38 12

2008–09 Championship 35 5 3 2 1 0 39 7

2009–10 35 2 2 0 3 0 40 2

2010–11 32 2 2 0 1 0 35 2

Apologies for the crude cut & paste but just looking at Wikipedia the seasons highlighted in bold show the seasons where he was played as a striker. The underlined show league games/goals then overall games/goals, as far as I can tell when he plays up front he has the ability to bag a few. Now let me be the first to admit that I'm a tad underwhelmed by his signing and because of the flag waving antics I regard him as a massive c0ck but you can't write him off, saying he doesn't have ability as a striker...

oh yes league 2 with wycombe when they were the best team in midfield and defence by a country mile, really difficult to score agaisnt stockport, why don't we sign steve kabba he has a good record. 2 in 8 for forest at league 1, 2 in 35, 2 in 40, great records, 12 in 38 in league 1 again not great, 9 in 30, 8 in 20 qwhich is good but again league 1.

Archived