What have we got that Hull haven't at present

RotherhamRam

I feel quite positive at present as Hull have tried to nick in on a few of our targets and by all reports its 3-0 to us (first time since the last season started lol) can it be 4-0 soon

Ward choses Derby over Hull even though they offered more!

Bryson looks like he has done the same

Tyson wanted by Hull but again we have got him.

Shackell at present is tipped to come to us over Hull as well.

The question has to by why. Hull have parachute payments and can offer more which was evident with Ward. They do have a good set up with gd fan base and are wanting prem football same as us.

They finished higher than us. Positive that they see these players, as we do, as improvement on what they have and they want them to push them further up the league so this bodes well. So why choose us.

Now anti-clough, Glick, fans (and I am one who is very unsure of Glick). They have stated they will improve the squad this yr now they have hit their targets of reduction and now is the time for growth. These targets have been heavily linked with other championship clubs mainly Hull and Leicester.

Now Anti-brigade I think at present these two are actually starting to get it done as they say. The two clubs are similar in all areas except we have gone through the downsizing and on the way into growth. Also this in my opinion is boiling down to which manager they want to play for and who has convinced the players the most in respect of the club futures are.

This is encouraging and if I was Hull I would be getting rather pished off with derby nicking the players they want. Clough obviously has the same charisma as his old man in getting players to sign which nowadays is more difficult when we consider football is all about money but it appears these players are not interested in that. (Many say Ward takes the money and disappears Why not this time?)

Clough and Glick keep it going.

People ask where is the football director. I am becoming more convinced this is not for this transfer window but more the January window. The reason being in summer there is a lot of players who are on free which helps to keep prices down as clubs can always pick up a free player rather than spend a lot on one. January is different. Players contracts do not run out normally in this period so clubs can hike up prices. Club negotiate down on these and with Glicks limited experience we have been found wanting. They are considering we will be up and around the playoffs and this person will help to maintain this through the transfer window.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By all accounts so were we, but they have offered better deals to at least one in Ward who to some on here believe he is a player that has previously been in it for money until he came out with he information on the Hull deal.

Not really bothered why they chosing us but really glad they are but does make me wonder why when some think Clough is *****, he has lost the changing room and that he tactically crap yet they still choose to come to and with these views putting their long term futures at risk for playing for such a manger. Just curios what people think

Did raise a rye smile when I read the BBC news piece about us probably getting Tyson "Tyson will sit down with Tom Glick to discuss terms" - Far from done yet then! :D

Derby vs Hull - But for one brief flirtation with the Premier League, they have nothing.

Archived