Championship signings

sage

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have bought so many forwards in the past few years that have left again without bringing success - I wouldn't be surprised if he joined that list within a season. Only Maynard has been effective and even he seems to have been distracted by transfer talk. I think we were right not to pursue him and would much rather have Maguire and Waghorn.

Ryan Taylor is a quality striker rated much higher by Rotherham FC than ALF. Ryan contributes to the team effort rather than just an out and out striker. We have never joined the race, made an approach or tabled a bid to Rotherham for either Taylor or ALF regardless of what the media report or speculation doing the rounds on this forum. I would have liked us to sign Taylor as back up, but he wanted first team football, so this was never going to happen.

I'm still not sure about Waghorn, I guess it depends on the fee and wages. What does a decent striker cost you in the NPC, £1.5m, £2m, £2.5m or more?

Ryan Taylor is a quality striker rated much higher by Rotherham FC than ALF. Ryan contributes to the team effort rather than just an out and out striker. We have never joined the race, made an approach or tabled a bid to Rotherham for either Taylor or ALF regardless of what the media report or speculation doing the rounds on this forum. I would have liked us to sign Taylor as back up, but he wanted first team football, so this was never going to happen.

I'm still not sure about Waghorn, I guess it depends on the fee and wages. What does a decent striker cost you in the NPC, £1.5m, £2m, £2.5m or more?

Thanks for clearing up the position on our interest (or lack of it). I still feel we are right to go with Waghorn's greater experience at a higher level. My only hope is that his spiky character can be channeled into the right type of aggression, i.e. on the field and in the form of goals. If we do go with 3 pacy strikers (any from Tyson, Ward, Cywka, Maguire and possibly Waghorn) then we will need better passers in midfield and we will need the forwards to put a real shift in. It all points to an exciting season.

p.s. isn't it nice to have good games at Christmas for a change?

Thanks for clearing up the position on our interest (or lack of it). I still feel we are right to go with Waghorn's greater experience at a higher level. My only hope is that his spiky character can be channeled into the right type of aggression, i.e. on the field and in the form of goals. If we do go with 3 pacy strikers (any from Tyson, Ward, Cywka, Maguire and possibly Waghorn) then we will need better passers in midfield and we will need the forwards to put a real shift in. It all points to an exciting season.

p.s. isn't it nice to have good games at Christmas for a change?

Tis that indeed:) I'm looking forward to the second home game of the season as well, I'm just hoping we turn in a performance like we did at the Keepmoat last season.

I agree with you that we need someone who'll graft regardless of having the ball or not. If Waghorn signs then my feeling is that it will be Ward, Waghorn and Cywka (if Clough has forgiven his stupidity:D..!!) I'm delighted Shackell has arrived to partner Barker at the back, this will be one of the best centre back pairings in the NPC.

Kasper Schmeichel doesn't seem happy with it either!

His statement:

"At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United.

Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.

I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave the Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.

I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.

I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.

I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future."

Nice to see Ken "*****r" Bates sticking his oar in. What an arrogant pr1k

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_7001597,00.html

basically, Bates is an absolute prik, Schmeichel played well against us and pretty much every other team this season with his shot stopping, someone shoot Bates.

It must be annoying when the chairman starts shooting his mouth off after you have been told that you are no longer wanted at the club despite saying that want to stay. Shame he's good or he could refuse the move and sit in the reserves until they pay his contract up. Hope he plays a blinder for Leicester against them.

How bad could he have been judging by the season Leeds had!? Obviously they lost to us twice but that can only be expected.....

It must be annoying when the chairman starts shooting his mouth off after you have been told that you are no longer wanted at the club despite saying that want to stay. Shame he's good or he could refuse the move and sit in the reserves until they pay his contract up. Hope he plays a blinder for Leicester against them.

How bad could he have been judging by the season Leeds had!? Obviously they lost to us twice but that can only be expected.....

hit it right on the nail, just expected on that account. But he is a good keeper, great for this level and judging by the reaction on SSN website on the comments section, they have a lot of unhappy fans due to this!

Bates must surely have a touch of the Abramovic in him, no one in the right mind would say a key player who wants to stay at the club can basically do one, maybe he was a big influence in the dressing room and challenged Grayson's choices a lot due to dire tatics etc and they want him rid ?

source?! If you do not have a link i do not believe you.

But yeah i believe that because he does sound rather simple on interviews, decent manager but can't see that his defence is **** so point proven he is thick as :D

source?! If you do not have a link i do not believe you.

But yeah i believe that because he does sound rather simple on interviews, decent manager but can't see that his defence is **** so point proven he is thick as :D

Source: Debbie Bracken

Residence: Few houses down from me dad

Other: Think she fancies him. I wouldn't.

Source: Debbie Bracken

Residence: Few houses down from me dad

Other: Think she fancies him. I wouldn't.

Fookin hell...there are hundreds of debbie brackens......you'll have to be more specific....any of these?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/186000_598554275_636630_n

http://www.ourfocusisyou.net/images/Userimages/DSC_0006

http://www.dmsmile.com/media/staff/staff010

http://www.festivals-and-shows.com/images/miniature-stallion-7-year-old-275-winston-salem-north-carolina-21504002

Archived