More Lower League Players

derbyram1994

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
agreed! Someone who actually wants a career rather than someone knowing they have one comfortably is what we should be looking at, but coming from League 1 and 2 means they aren't good enough you should know this!

Yep, Bailey and Brayford are rubbish

If its lower league players you're looking for give Wednesday a ring and take the whole lot of em.

Please please please take them they're really good......................honest.

Just had a look through Swanseas first 11 on wikipedia.

It appears that the team cost less than £2million and only 2 players (Sinclair and Borini) came down from a higher level.

Look at the football they play.

Speaks volumes for me and shows that it does not matter where your players come from if you can get them in a formation you like and get them playing football.

Just had a look through Swanseas first 11 on wikipedia.

It appears that the team cost less than £2million and only 2 players (Sinclair and Borini) came down from a higher level.

Look at the football they play.

Speaks volumes for me and shows that it does not matter where your players come from if you can get them in a formation you like and get them playing football.

Exactly. Every player starts somewhere, they don't always start from higher levels.

Most of the (championship) players we have signed or are linked with signing are reserves who are surplus to requirements NOT established championship players.

Just because a player isn't in someones first team doesn't make them useless. You do not know a players circumstances at a club, a la Luke Varney here. You are little more than a WUM looking at your posts.

Most of the (championship) players we have signed or are linked with signing are reserves who are surplus to requirements NOT established championship players.

Just look at Ward as well, wasn't getting games for SU, came here and seemed one of our best players once he got going

I thought Ross Atkins was meant to have serious potential for our current level? I must admit that I am confused as to why we offered new deals to Severn, Deeney & Atkins in the past few months if we plan on buying another back-up.

This will leave us with six goalkeepers (if we can't offload Bywater), and you can only play one. Although my Grandad thinks we'd have a better chance if we played all six. :p

I have no problem with the player coming from Burton, it's just a shame that the other three I named have all signed new deals recently.

Presumably he's referring to Ward & Theo.

Unless you are willing to pay the big bucks, then you either have to look at the lower levels, or players on the fringe of their current team, one teams squad player is another teams vital missing link.

I dont care where players come from or how they did at there last club or there stats to be honest, some of the players we have been linked to dont give me much hope but you never know and some players just work at one club. I know that we need a good change around as the current lot are not good enough as a unit, but I have been saying that for 3 years. When Jim Smith signed Rowett, D Powell, Flynn, Van Der laan, Williams, etc while selling P Williams, Short, Kitson, Johnson etc we didnt think we were going anywhere yet we all know what happened there

I dont care where players come from or how they did at there last club or there stats to be honest, some of the players we have been linked to dont give me much hope but you never know and some players just work at one club. I know that we need a good change around as the current lot are not good enough as a unit, but I have been saying that for 3 years. When Jim Smith signed Rowett, D Powell, Flynn, Van Der laan, Williams, etc while selling P Williams, Short, Kitson, Johnson etc we didnt think we were going anywhere yet we all know what happened there

Absolutley agree! Even look at Burley play off season. Brought in Idiakez, Rasiak, Bisgaard who nobody had heard off. An old man called Ian Taylor who was very underated in that season. Plus Jeff Kenna and Paul Peschisolido who were also in there mid 30's, not what you'd call spring chickens :p Tommy Smith, a kid from Sunderland, very little first team experience was also brilliant.

Who would have thought these players could had been play off material look at there stats?

Tommy Smith, a kid from Sunderland, very little first team experience was also brilliant.

He was hardly a kid, and was quite experienced. He was a 24 years old, had moved to a successful Sunderland team from Watford. He had played 208 games, scoring 44 goals by the time he joined us...

Have a tongue back at you Sir! :p

What!!!

Eustace - Captain of Watford

Shackell - Captain of Barnsley

These are the only tru links and not names thrown in the hat where we have admitted an interest can't say these are substitues r bit players and they are definatelt championship proven players

Archived