Carlo Ancelotti sacked by Chelsea F.C.

CumbrianRam

ridiculous decision and it just shows how far from reality that crappy club is, i wish bates had let those gits go under all those years ago. The man did the double last season, this season came within a whisker of winning the championship this season and the champions league wasn't a million miles away. Terry, lampard, kalou and mikel are all over rated and terry and lampard are over the hill yet he still came close.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winners of the CL since 1995. (Managers) Assuming Abramovic wants the European title.

Louis Van Gaal

Marcelo Lippi

Jupp Heynckes

Vincent Del Bosque x 2

Carlo Ancelotti x 2

Ottmar Hitzfeld x 2

Jose Mourinho x 2

Rafa Benitez

Frank Rijkaard

Alex Ferguson x 2

Josep Guardiola

Those in bold are without a club now or are in International football. He has lots of options, especially as Joesp Guardiola, Jose Mourinho and Jupp Heynckes (Leverkuson) are hardly 'secure' in their jobs.. All have expressed a desire to manage in England.

ridiculous decision and it just shows how far from reality that crappy club is, i wish bates had let those gits go under all those years ago. The man did the double last season, this season came within a whisker of winning the championship this season and the champions league wasn't a million miles away. Terry, lampard, kalou and mikel are all over rated and terry and lampard are over the hill yet he still came close.

It's Ancelotti's job to get good players in, it's his fault if they aren't very good. I don't agree with you though, I think the 4 you mentioned are all top players.

Abramovich wanted Shevchenko so I'm fairly sure he calls the shots on transfers. I think they should have stuck with Ancelotti, no way will Abramovich have Mourinho back.

Love to know why Sturridge never got much of a look in. Chelsea reap what they sow, although must say they have had some rotten luck on the champions league over the past few years.

He bought Torres and perhaps Luiz, but he doesn't control all transfer dealings. Well in my opinion he doesn't

He bought Shevchenko, Smirtin and Ballack.. I seem to remember a few more. Mourinho went from his favoured 4-3-3 with out and out pace on the wings in J.Cole, Robben, Duff, Wright-Phillips etc. to a rigid Diamond to accomodate a midfield of Essien, Ballack and Lampard + 1 more plus Shevchenko who was past his prime (In his prime he was amazing!). Mourinho had no other choice than to play them, he had to.

Abramovic may not control all signings, but the ones he does, even if one or two, can have such a huge impact.. Mourinho and Ancelotti were forced to play Shevchenko and Torres, and these players have completely messed up what were perfectly capable teams of winning everything.

Abramovic wants Hiddink because he's a yes man, and Hiddink being a national coach has plenty of experience at dealing with 'somebody elses' players.. Could work out well (err yeh), Abramovic buys the players and Hiddink coaches them.

It's Ancelotti's job to get good players in, it's his fault if they aren't very good. I don't agree with you though, I think the 4 you mentioned are all top players.

edin the chelsea fans i know think kalou and mikel should leave, from what i have seen they are average players and certainly not top 4.

Abramovic wants Hiddink because he's a yes man, and Hiddink being a national coach has plenty of experience at dealing with 'somebody elses' players.. Could work out well (err yeh), Abramovic buys the players and Hiddink coaches them.

That and the fact that he's one of the best managers in the world.

Apparently Worzel and Mourinho have patched up their differences as well so I wouldn't completely rule that one out.

I don't get it. Finished 2nd in the league, did the double last season. The only target that Chelsea has is to win the Champions League, which they definatly won't if the chairman keeps buying the players instead of the manager. I've got a feeling that Chelsea may have the same issue like AC Milan did a few years ago. Had a top side for a number of years that hardly changed, then eventually got too old and were eventually out classed by their rivals. It's only recently that they've became a force again, changing alot of the squad whilst keeping some of the quality oldies Pirlo, Gattuso etc. Juventus have the same problem too.

Very true.

Milan were so reluctant to break up such a succesful team. Now they've seen how vulnerable they were becoming, and that adding low-key additions wasn't working they've rocked the boat a bit. Off went Kaka and Ronaldinho, Kaladze, Maldini.... a few players took a back seat like Oddo, Seedorf, Inzaghi..... and instead of signing Huntelaar and Onyewu to steady the aging ship, they splashed the wages on Ibrahimovic, Robinho.... introduced youth like Abate and Merkel into the team.

The Ronaldinho, Kaka and Pato combo was broken...... seemed mad at the time, a bit like Chelsea ridding themselves of Lampard, Drogba and Malouda, but it worked out just fine. Kaka hasn't really been a big a miss as expected, Ibrahimovic over shadows Pato and there was a sense Ronaldinho wasn't up to much for years. Robinho and Merkel give more.

Even Silva was added to the defence. Where maybe a few years ago Yepes would of been the ONLY addition to a tried and tested defence.

Chelsea need to accept the Lampard, Drogba (who i great but needs new scenery imo) and Malouda are just not offering what they were. Whoever comes in needs fresh ideas like Milan have had. Luiz is a bit refreshing but they look a club that needs to rock the boat a bit. Pato would be a great signing for them. Keep some of the tried and tested. Essien/Pirlo, Terry/Nesta etc, but give it a rest with Malouda and Lampard. As good as they have been for Chelsea..... it's looking tired. If Milan can see off Kaka, Chelsea can see off Lampard.

But will anyone be brave enough to make those changes?

Why did they give Liverpool £50m for Torres while Liverpool picked up Suarez?? A.Madrid are losing a good striker now. Will Chelsea stick with Drogba and Anelka rather than sign this Argentine fella.

That's the genius about Ferguson and Wenger...... they know when even their best players have hit a brick wall. And they know how to re-introduce success.

Archived