Barker confirmed as Captain

desmond_tutu

It's impossible to reach any kind of agreement when you're working out your thesis on different criteria.

Bris thinks you can't be called a top 6 player unless you're in a team that's finished in the top six, others think you can if they believe you are capable of playing in the top six ie a top six player in a team that's 19th!

But how many games do you have to play for that team that finished in the top 6 before you can be considered a top six player?

And what if you've played in a team that's been in the top six but don't finish there? Does that make you a top six player?

Technically of course Barker is a top 6 player. In 2006-07 he captained Blackpool to third place in League 1.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm what..

So I'm still waiting for hard evidence that Barker can hold down a place in a top 6 side.. So far I've had thrown at me..

- Im wumming

- I dont go to games therefore my opinion doesn't count, or isn't regarded as highly as those who do go

- Apparently the TV doesn't show accurately what the players do

- Why do Scouts go and watch games then

- Arguing semantics

- Variables and annomailes

Good grief. So wheres the proof that Barker could get in virtually everyside in the division?

You also forget I have more posts and likes than you do. I'm a more betterer poster than you. Add that one too.

It's impossible to reach any kind of agreement when you're working out your thesis on different criteria.

Bris thinks you can't be called a top 6 player unless you're in a team that's finished in the top six, others think you can if they believe you are capable of playing in the top six ie a top six player in a team that's 19th!

But how many games do you have to play for that team that finished in the top 6 before you can be considered a top six player?

And what if you've played in a team that's been in the top six but don't finish there? Does that make you a top six player?

Technically of course Barker is a top 6 player. In 2006-07 he captained Blackpool to third place in League 1.

Imagine a team had won the PL, I guess this altogether is totally different, but would you call John O'Shea a PL winner.. Well, he's won the PL with Man Utd, yet he wasn't a key player, only starting around 10 games or so.. Would he have won the PL with anyone else as a starter? But this is a different debate altogether.

The only proof people have that Barker is a capable top 6 player is he played well during the 2009-10 season.. But still part of a defence that leaked 63 goals..

Point is you can't call someone a top 6 player unless they've finished in the top 6.. Or unless thy sign for a team who then finishes in the top 6. Barker has neither. Its only if he finishes in the top 6 will he ever be a top 6 player, you can't try and twist and bend the facts.. It's like someone playing for Arsenal, finishing 2nd every season but the top goalscorer in the league every year for 10 years.. Is he a PL winner? No. He never won the PL.

As for your last point, if Barker signs for Man Utd and they finish 2nd next season is he a PL winner? No. If Barker signs for Cardiff and they finish 8th.. Is he a top 6 player (has he finished in the top 6)? No.

Is Barker capable of finishing the top 6? Some say yes, I say no.. Theres no proof that he can, unless he goes and does it.

You can look at another example. Charles N'Zogbia fo Wigan. Easily their best player.. Is he a top 6 player.. His finishes say no, but Liverpool and Spurs want him.. Unless he signs for these teams and then they finish in the top 6 he can't call himself a top 6 player.. It's not written down in the record books that he's finished in the top 6.. A huge difference between an opinion on N'Zogbia and Barker though is N'Zogbia is wanted by top 6 clubs suggesting he has the potential to do so, Barker isn't...

Imagine a team had won the PL, I guess this altogether is totally different, but would you call John O'Shea a PL winner.. Well, he's won the PL with Man Utd, yet he wasn't a key player, only starting around 10 games or so.. Would he have won the PL with anyone else as a starter? But this is a different debate altogether.

The only proof people have that Barker is a capable top 6 player is he played well during the 2009-10 season.. But still part of a defence that leaked 63 goals..

Point is you can't call someone a top 6 player unless they've finished in the top 6.. Or unless thy sign for a team who then finishes in the top 6. Barker has neither. Its only if he finishes in the top 6 will he ever be a top 6 player, you can't try and twist and bend the facts.. It's like someone playing for Arsenal, finishing 2nd every season but the top goalscorer in the league every year for 10 years.. Is he a PL winner? No. He never won the PL.

As for your last point, if Barker signs for Man Utd and they finish 2nd next season is he a PL winner? No. If Barker signs for Cardiff and they finish 8th.. Is he a top 6 player (has he finished in the top 6)? No.

Is Barker capable of finishing the top 6? Some say yes, I say no.. Theres no proof that he can, unless he goes and does it.

You can look at another example. Charles N'Zogbia fo Wigan. Easily their best player.. Is he a top 6 player.. His finishes say no, but Liverpool and Spurs want him.. Unless he signs for these teams and then they finish in the top 6 he can't call himself a top 6 player.. It's not written down in the record books that he's finished in the top 6.. A huge difference between an opinion on N'Zogbia and Barker though is N'Zogbia is wanted by top 6 clubs, Barker isn't...

I'm sorry but that criteria is complete nonsense. You are trying to establish a method of measuring opinion. And failing.

Erm what..

So I'm still waiting for hard evidence that Barker can hold down a place in a top 6 side.. So far I've had thrown at me..

- Im wumming

- I dont go to games therefore my opinion doesn't count, or isn't regarded as highly as those who do go

- Apparently the TV doesn't show accurately what the players do

- Why do Scouts go and watch games then

- Arguing semantics

- Variables and annomailes

Good grief. So wheres the proof that Barker could get in virtually everyside in the division?

Add method of measuring opinion and racist to that list.. If you can't come up with any evidence that Barker is a top 6 player attack the poster or turn it into a Physics lesson.. I like it, keep it coming guys..

I love stats.

I've got 41 likes, Duracell has 43, and you've only got 16.

41 + 43 = 84

84/16 = 5.25

Meaning that me and Duracell are over five times more knowledgable than you.

:)

Duracell has 1461 posts

Worksop has 2341 posts

Dcfcdavesh*thole has 2090 posts

I have 789 posts (probably over 50 from this thread) with a join date of Feb 2009.. Meaning around 1 post a day average..

When did you guys join?

Nerds..

I'm sorry but that criteria is complete nonsense. You are trying to establish a method of measuring opinion. And failing.

You're trying to argue with a fact. Fact is Barker hasn't finished in the top 6. Fact is therefore Barker isn't a top 6 player until he does so. Is he capable? Nothing proves that he is capable, no facts whatsoever.

Andy Murray hasn't won a Grandslam.. Fact Andy Murray isn't a Grandslam winner. There are no facts to prove that he will one day win one.

Ricky Hatton lost to Floyd Mayweather and Manny Paqueo.. Fact is he isn't the best Pound for Pound. There are no facts to one day prove he might be.

Samri Nasri hasn't won a PL. Fact is he isn't a PL winner. There are no facts to prove that one day he might be capable.

Duracell has 1461 posts

Worksop has 2341 posts

Dcfcdavesh*thole has 2090 posts

I have 789 posts (probably over 50 from this thread) with a join date of Feb 2009.. Meaning around 1 post a day average..

When did you guys join?

Nerds..

Yeah, but you've written more in one post, than i have in all of mine put together. Fact, Fact, fact ,fact.

Yeah, but you've written more in one post, than i have in all of mine put together. Fact, Fact, fact ,fact.

Eh?

dcfcdavecov = 2095 posts

Bris Vegas = 792 posts

Guys if you want to try and goad me and have a laugh open up a topic on the off topic section, as I was enjoying debating with fellow posters as to why hey think Barker is top 6 standard and these posts are clogging up the thread

Archived