What does Stephen Pearson actually bring?

Wilko

That partnership would see us ship over 60 goals a season. Anyone with an ounce of movement/pace would rip them to shreds.

I'm personally not a big fan of Barker, great bloke, but IMO he's just an average NPC Centre Back.

The man has played on one leg, he has a great clearing header, for a one legged man he puts some great tackles in. We were chanting You will never get past Shaun Barker last season when he was carrying an injury. This time they are getting him right and then you will see a true Shaun Barker. In respect of ripping them apart, Addison and Buxton who no one rates went to Newcastle last year when we could not win away against the most potent strike force in the league where there stirker mover to Liverpool for 35 million this year and did not concede and Addison got man of the match on his return from being on the sidelines for a long time.

Barker was player of the season last yr for his displays. He has had a hamstring, thigh and knee problems since being here and is still one of our most consistant players.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who knows.

its very odd.

Kazmierczak, Pereplotkins, Labarthe Tome....

How many players have we signed over the years who "haven't been given a chance", players who make 1 or 2 average performances and then we give up on them. We have a rich history of it. It must be a problem we have at Derby.

Oorrrrr.

Every club has its David Martins. We don't notice them, because they never play. Every club has its players that are nowhere near the squad and fans question why they havent been given a chance, 9 times out of 10 they probably just look **** in training and reserve games and aren't bothered in doing anything about it.

Kazmierczak, Pereplotkins, Labarthe Tome....

How many players have we signed over the years who "haven't been given a chance", .

whats odd in this case is that we had him on loan first. we had a good look at him and then payed decent money.

yet he's never really featured....even when he was on loan.

whats odd in this case is that we had him on loan first. we had a good look at him and then payed decent money.

yet he's never really featured....even when he was on loan.

Good point. That's odd. I just don't think his treatment this season is anything unusual.

I think David Martin is the weakest Clough signing. He's an okay winger, and nothing more really, and that change in philosophy we had in the summer really hurt him.

It's interesting how quickly that change happened. David Martin was signed for a 4-4-2 system we weren't planning to use only a few weeks after.

Good point. That's odd. I just don't think his treatment this season is anything unusual.

I think David Martin is the weakest Clough signing. He's an okay winger, and nothing more really, and that change in philosophy we had in the summer really hurt him.

It's interesting how quickly that change happened. David Martin was signed for a 4-4-2 system we weren't planning to use only a few weeks after.

I think that was down to the fact apart from Hulse at the time we went from having 5 or 6 strikers down to Hulse, we then had attacking midfielders and then there was Bueno hitting the team and it worked better to play the 4231 formation.

I think that was down to the fact apart from Hulse at the time we went from having 5 or 6 strikers down to Hulse, we then had attacking midfielders and then there was Bueno hitting the team and it worked better to play the 4231 formation.

My understanding was that Metgod's involvement in the WC meant he saw the benefits of the 4-2-3-1 formation against others and he pitched the idea to Nigel, and we played pre-season with the formation.

martin the worst clough signing...??

gareth roberts ? lee croft? chris porter?

gareth roberts for me, which is why i can't get excited at threads slagging off pearson.

we've got worse players than pearson.

even nigel agrees with that, which is presumably why he picks him.... even in preference to ben davies.

martin the worst clough signing...??

gareth roberts ? lee croft? chris porter?

gareth roberts for me, which is why i can't get excited at threads slagging off pearson.

we've got worse players than pearson.

even nigel agrees with that, which is presumably why he picks him.... even in preference to ben davies.

Gareth Roberts was fine at the start of the season, ok to good in some latter games. A few games I've counted aerial jostles he's won and in the past 4 home games I've been counting he's won signicantly. He's nowhere near the worst signing for me. He does need shooting for his Brizzle error though.

Lee Croft is a contender, I agree.

And Chris Porter? He wasn't signed a sicknote, but he's been one since he's been here. We couldn't have predicted he'd have a fooked hip when we signed him, and in January 2009, I think it was a pretty decent signing to be honest, beating Cardiff to his signature. We've just had rotten luck with him.

For me Gareth Roberts is a bag of nerves even when he's sat in the stand.

Replacing him must hopefully be a high priority. Depends if Nigel wants to be stubborn. But its his head on the block.

(I thought Chris Hussey looked decent for Cov and might be available as he's not necessarily their first choice)

Porter...i agree we've been unlucky...but I listed him because he cost 2x Martin.

Gareth Roberts has been decent coming into the back end of this season, he was rated at Donny and they still highly rate him, I agree we need a left back though, definitely.

Pearson is a player I can't stand, he is a player who lacks in end product however more recently he has been getting the ball into the box and has set up 5-6 goals in the past month or so, and that's what you would expect of a top winger in this division, I would sell him if the option came up though, without a doubt!

Pearson as a winger is pretty poor, since hasnt got the awareness of players runs into the box and he's movement on the ball is like watching Sunday League footy. Even as a CM in our system he doesn't work since he cant tackle, cant pass or challenge in the air.

Yeah I agree we should get rid, save the wages for some quality. But unlike the idiots behind me, I wouldnt get rid of him due to the colour of his hair :rolleyes:

i've always wondered what 3 managers see in him that i don't. i hope he ends up agreeing that bursaspour deal because i can't wait to see the back of him, agreed that he has pace but is inconsistant with it, half a*sed tackles and half the time he just wonders around pointing at things. please stephen go away for the good of the club

i've always wondered what 3 managers see in him that i don't. i hope he ends up agreeing that bursaspour deal because i can't wait to see the back of him, agreed that he has pace but is inconsistant with it, half a*sed tackles and half the time he just wonders around pointing at things. please stephen go away for the good of the club

Ever wondered what he's pointing at?

It's players that he should be watching but has let them wander off so he's asking someone else to do his job for him. He only plays what's infront of him. I feel sorry for any player who has to do twice the amount of work because of him.

TBH, Commons did the same often enough. But it was worth it with him because he was a matchwinner.

yes ok....what does stephen pearson actually bring?

........decent snatch to the main stand for one thing.

Archived