El Classico....Champions league Semi Final

froggg

Probably not the same one as you, I wasn't wearing my barcelona tinted glasses. No I don't, very overrated team. Mourinho has shown how to stop them, they now have to resort to cheating to win the big games. If they are really that good, then why do they dive and berate the ref constantly? I believe Chelsea, Manure and Real to be better teams.

So Barca are 8 points clear with a far superior goal difference but Madrid are the better team. Barcelona beat Madrid 5-0 and play them off the pitch as well as getting a 1-1 draw at Madrid. You really couldnt make this up, it defies all logic.

I'll leave it there and i think the other pro barca people should as well, it's like talking to a brick wall.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vegas you became so boring. Look at this:

Barcelona is the shittest team i have ever seen. Poor ********.

Erm, I just watched it..

And said at exactly the same as I did at that time, a disgrace. Sergio Busquets knows this and fortunately he's never done this again this season.

He's not the first Barca/Real player to con the ref to get someone sent off and he won't be the last.

Just to let you know, some latin people in general (South America) believe conning refs to win penalties/getting players sent off is actually an achievement. They'd do anything for their teams. Rivaldo/Suarez are huge examples.. Even Thierry Henry for France cheated recently.

But what's this got to do with the fact Barca are miles better than Real.

And Pepes studs up challenge on Dani Alves was a foul. Mentioned before, I speak Spanish, I've listened to the reports, they say it's a foul. Plan B is talking absoloute nonsense when he says the majority of Spain don't think it's a foul. The majority don't think it's a red card, but foul, yes it is.

of course you don't, your never wrong are you? stepping out of your fantasy world for a minute, your wrong a lot more than you are right. possession with barcelona is largely irrelevant, does passing the ball along the back four count as dominating a game, I don't think so. Real were the better team before the red, and I would have backed them to win without it. Real were cheated by Barcelona and the ref, just like Arsenal. Best team of my lifetime? My arse

Messi had a goal unfairly ruled out at 1-0 at The Emirates so to use Arsenal as your example is ridiculous.. Though you know this as we've had this debate before.

Real were not cheated.. And had Pepe stayed on the pitch you have no evidence that Barca wouldn't have gone on to win anyway.. Afterall they are the better team.

And they are the best team of your lifetime. To you maybe not, but to 90% of the people and people within football who clearly know alot more than you think so.

Messi had a goal unfairly ruled out at 1-0 at The Emirates so to use Arsenal as your example is ridiculous.. Though you know this as we've had this debate before.

Real were not cheated.. And had Pepe stayed on the pitch you have no evidence that Barca wouldn't have gone on to win anyway.. Afterall they are the better team.

And they are the best team of your lifetime. To you maybe not, but to 90% of the people and people within football who clearly know alot more than you think so.

Using the example of Barcelona-Arsenal, I of course meant

the second leg. I didn't watch the first leg so i'm not going to talk about it. All I know is Barcelona

didn't get all the decisions and ended up losing, hmmmm.

You have no evidence to suggest Barcelona would have won against 11, simply saying they are the better team isn't

evidence.

So because me and a few others don't agree with the majority of people's opinion, this means they know more about football than us? There was a time when the smartest minds in the world thought the world was flat, but I forgot that the majority are always correct, oops silly me.

Using the example of Barcelona-Arsenal, I of course meant

the second leg. I didn't watch the first leg so i'm not going to talk about it. All I know is Barcelona

didn't get all the decisions and ended up losing, hmmmm.

You have no evidence to suggest Barcelona would have won against 11, simply saying they are the better team isn't

evidence.

So because me and a few others don't agree with the majority of people's opinion, this means they know more about football than us? There was a time when the smartest minds in the world thought the world was flat, but I forgot that the majority are always correct, oops silly me.

I don't think the odds are in your favour.

If you had footballing credentials and was in the majority then I'd have to question my beliefs.. Don't forget, I am a barca fan too afterall.

But when Professional footballers, managers, sportsman alike think this, and I'm talking the majority here, then I'd tend to sway this way rather in favour of some guy on the internet who has no footballing credentials (not that I know of) who genuinely believes Real Madrid are better.

I mentioned this before, you give the impression you like to be an outsider, in the minority when it comes to opinions, maybe just to try and convince yourself you're not like the rest.. Who knows.

I've only read the lat couple of pages o this thread and then was undecided on if I should post or not. Decided to obviously but dot want to get drawn into a childish argument. But will say this.

Real Madrid did not look like scoring during the game. The best chance in a boring first half was by Barcelona. The first half was made boring by Madrid, the set up to stop Barcelona, if Madrid were that good would they be so negative at home?

Nobody knows what would have happened if Pepe would have stayed on the pitch so we can't possibly argue that point.

Possession is a massive thing in football, if you have 70-odd% of the possession it doesn't leave much left for the opposition to score with - seems pretty obvious to me.

Madrid were just as bad for trying to 'con' the ref. How easily and theatrically did di Maria go down from the slightest touch from Alves? If Alves had got two bookings from them would mourinho have an issue?

In my opinion Barcelona are the best team around at the moment. I can't think of a team to rival them. If other people feel differently then it's their choice but I don't see how you can watch Barcelona play and think they're not the best.

Are you two still arguing about this? Christ your like two bloody kids

Like Edin mentioned, it's a debate. I'm not arguing nor am I using foul language to get my point across..

As you can see by my post count and time spent on here (500 odd posts in over 2 years) suggests I rarely debate with anyone on here.

This recently coupled with one in the off-topic takes up the majority of my posts. Probably this is the longest debate I've had on here for over two years, and I'm actually enjoying having this debate.

Like Edin mentioned, it's a debate. I'm not arguing nor am I using foul language to get my point across..

As you can see by my post count and time spent on here (500 odd posts in over 2 years) suggests I rarely debate with anyone on here.

This recently coupled with one in the off-topic takes up the majority of my posts. Probably this is the longest debate I've had on here for over two years, and I'm actually enjoying having this debate.

Bris get that I'm not calling you names but the other guy musech or what ever is doing my head in.

Btw it wasn't a foul and RM would have won 1-0 or 2-1

Bris get that I'm not calling you names but the other guy musech or what ever is doing my head in.

Btw it wasn't a foul and RM would have won 1-0 or 2-1

Good result for your beloved Real Madrid today.. Losing 2-3 at home to Zaragoza.

Ricardo Calvalho sent off. How many sendings off have Real had this season? I can count 6 off the top of my head. Dirty team.

Should never have sacked Fabio Capello.

So Barca could be 11 points clear of Real yet they're not the better side. Countless sendings off for Madrid this season and i saw plenty of diving/play acting for about the 20 minutes of the match i watched today. Not got much of a case really.

and Barcelona lost 2-1 to Sociedad, your point?

Barcelona are 8 points clear with 4 games to go. They won the league last season and the season before. They won the treble 2 seasons ago, won the Spanish Super cup this season.

Madrid last won the league in 07-08, won Copa del Rey this season before that won it in 92-93. Last won the Champions League in 01-02.

So not only are Barcelona outshining them this season but also in recent history. This, however, has nothing to do with Barcelona being a better team I take it?

Don't bang on about simulation from Barcelona, Madrid are just as at fault for it. The problem Madrid have is they've become too physical, how many players have been sent off for them this season?

Barcelona are 8 points clear with 4 games to go. They won the league last season and the season before. They won the treble 2 seasons ago, won the Spanish Super cup this season.

Madrid last won the league in 07-08, won Copa del Rey this season before that won it in 92-93. Last won the Champions League in 01-02.

So not only are Barcelona outshining them this season but also in recent history. This, however, has nothing to do with Barcelona being a better team I take it?

Don't bang on about simulation from Barcelona, Madrid are just as at fault for it. The problem Madrid have is they've become too physical, how many players have been sent off for them this season?

True.

I think Barca win the league if they get 4 points from their last few games.

Archived