Song for Marlon ...

RAMtastic

Not a fan of all of these "rapist" chants at Marlon King, because:

1.) I'm pretty sure he knows that anyway

2.) He's served his sentence, he's done his time for the crime

3.) Some fans today put more effort in to jeering Marlon King than they did getting behind their own team.

Wasn't your sister/Mum/girlfriend/neice/cousin then?

Political correctness even on a forum guys?

Behave.

Scum deserved everything he gets. It seems to be well compensated by a contract at a second tier English football team paying good wages.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man is an odious monster who served half of his pathetic sentance. Out on the lash celebrating his wife's pregancy, trying to pull, turned down, broke her nose. He has a list of offences longer than his arm, driving around in stolen vehicles, handling stolen goods, not what you'd expect from someone who is minted anyway. A total disregard for the law, for the game and for anyone but himself. Shame on Coventry and anyone else who is prepared to let him have his tenth chance. PC brigade out in force, suppose we don't want to violate his rights.

Wasn't your sister/Mum/girlfriend/neice/cousin then?

Political correctness even on a forum guys?

Behave.

Scum deserved everything he gets. It seems to be well compensated by a contract at a second tier English football team paying good wages.

It's not about being PC, it's about justice. If every single rapist got the chance to be jeered and shouted at in front of 30,000 fans every week then I'd be joining in.

But Marlon King by himself isn't worth my breath. I'll use my voice on getting behind my own team instead and concentrate on the friggin game.

The man is an odious monster who served half of his pathetic sentance. Out on the lash celebrating his wife's pregancy, trying to pull, turned down, broke her nose. He has a list of offences longer than his arm, driving around in stolen vehicles, handling stolen goods, not what you'd expect from someone who is minted anyway. A total disregard for the law, for the game and for anyone but himself. Shame on Coventry and anyone else who is prepared to let him have his tenth chance. PC brigade out in force, suppose we don't want to violate his rights.

I'll second that!!!.............SPOT ON

Suppose if it's only one rapist then he should be left alone. :confused: :confused:

You might have to forgive a few people for forgetting a game for a moment and voicing their anger at a bloke who doesn't deserve anything he has. That includes his thousands of pounnds per week contract AND his freedom.

People can sing and do what they want to him imo. They shouldn't be put down for chanting anything at him. Next to him a football match might not of seemed too important. People wanted to show their disgust. No one's chants were out of order yesterday. Marlon King and the people who signed him are far more out of order.

It's not justice either Duracell.

(not talking about Marlon King really) but if a rapist does two years do they deserve their freedom? A fresh start?

What about the victim? How are they after 2 years? Still raped for starters. And probably endured a harder 2 years than the offender.

Who decides the sentence? Not the victim. Someone who's been raped? Or seen close at hand how a victim may be effected.

Anyway, sorry, going off topic :)

(not talking about Marlon King really) but if a rapist does two years do they deserve their freedom? A fresh start?

What about the victim? How are they after 2 years? Still raped for starters. And probably endured a harder 2 years than the offender.

Who decides the sentence? Not the victim. Someone who's been raped? Or seen close at hand how a victim may be effected.

The bloke deserves all he gets and more!!! When it has happened to sumone close to u then you realise the damage it causes!!! I just hope he gets it at every ground he plays at for the rest of his life!!!!!!

The bloke deserves all he gets and more!!! When it has happened to sumone close to u then you realise the damage it causes!!! I just hope he gets it at every ground he plays at for the rest of his life!!!!!!

Spot on

2 years is lenient. Way too lenient, in my opinion. But personally, I don't think it's for me to take the law in to my hands and try and pay back those years by shouting at him. What does that achieve? How is that going to help the victim? How is that going to turn Marlon King in to a good person? Would it be a better use of my breath to get behind my team?

Marlon King is clearly a fairly rotten human being but what I think is more important than locking him up is stopping him from doing it again and keeping it to just the one victim. Not sure jeering at him would make him rape someone else again of course, it would be stupud to suggest that and I'm not one of those "criminals are da victims" types, but just think about it and I feel that jeering does way more harm than good.

I also think that in his day-job he's very unlikely to work with many women so in those terms, his job is pretty appropriate. And with the money he earns he's also condemned to unhappiness.

I just think anyone who comes across Marlon King should make life as hard as possible for him.

I know he had a big smile on his face. But i bet it was forced. thousands of people chanting rapist at me wouldn't make me laugh. Or you. Or anyone. What Marlon King wants is everyone to forget it. So he can put his mistakes behind him. "laugh it off" is the best way to make all the chanting seem a bit pointless.

Some do gooders might say he's made mistakes. As long as he gets his head down he should be given the chance to get on with his life the right way.

I'd say most of us go through life without making mistakes like rape etc. Why should horrible creatures commit crime. Spend 2 years in a bedroom with a locked door. Come right back out of prison, and be put in a better or equal position to the rest of us?

I think it's right to remind Marlon King at every chance what sort of person he is. Whether he enjoys these chants or not. Coventry City and Marlon King should be constantly reminded of their decisions and it shouldn't be shoved back under the carpet.

No point me continuing in this debate because my opinion wont change and neither will yours or anyone elses. It's all just opinion.

King will go on living in luxury. Living the dream life.

Coventry City i applaud you. Good luck with the finance troubles. I hope the man who gave King a job enjoys his millions.

I just think anyone who comes across Marlon King should make life as hard as possible for him.

I know he had a big smile on his face. But i bet it was forced. thousands of people chanting rapist at me wouldn't make me laugh. Or you. Or anyone. What Marlon King wants is everyone to forget it. So he can put his mistakes behind him. "laugh it off" is the best way to make all the chanting seem a bit pointless.

Some do gooders might say he's made mistakes. As long as he gets his head down he should be given the chance to get on with his life the right way.

I'd say most of us go through life without making mistakes like rape etc. Why should horrible creatures commit crime. Spend 2 years in a bedroom with a locked door. Come right back out of prison, and be put in a better or equal position to the rest of us?

I think it's right to remind Marlon King at every chance what sort of person he is. Whether he enjoys these chants or not. Coventry City and Marlon King should be constantly reminded of their decisions and it shouldn't be shoved back under the carpet.

No point me continuing in this debate because my opinion wont change and neither will yours or anyone elses. It's all just opinion.

King will go on living in luxury. Living the dream life.

Coventry City i applaud you. Good luck with the finance troubles. I hope the man who gave King a job enjoys his millions.

Top post that, Alpha.

just a quick question

was he found guilty of rape?

In criminal law, rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse, which is initiated by one or more persons against another person without that person's consent.

AFAIK King was found guilty of sexual assault which is still disgusting and was stated in the Telegraph as him groping a woman and then hitting her breaking her nose

The judges comments in the case were as follows

"You approached those young women who wanted nothing to do with you. You touched them on their faces and, as the jury have just found by their verdict, touch the complainant on her backside in a way that amounted to a sexual assault.

As I say whilst not wanting to belittle what he did - he is NOT a rapist and was probably laughing at the ignorance of football supporters.

just a quick question

In criminal law, rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse, which is initiated by one or more persons against another person without that person's consent.

AFAIK King was found guilty of sexual assault which is still disgusting and was stated in the Telegraph as him groping a woman and then hitting her breaking her nose

"You approached those young women who wanted nothing to do with you. You touched them on their faces and, as the jury have just found by their verdict, touch the complainant on her backside in a way that amounted to a sexual assault.

As I say whilst not wanting to belittle what he did - he is NOT a rapist and was probably laughing at the ignorance of football supporters.

Well this is a good point, actually, I hadn't noticed the term "rape" was creeping in to my posts :redface:

You see, that's another thing with jeering King - how many fans were actually shouting at Marlon King because he sexually assaulted another woman? Alpha Signia has given his reasons for doing it and I respect his side of things but when you hear children doing it it's pretty obvious people do it to score brownie points with the people around them and to jump on the badwagon. And it's escalated from "sexual assault" to full-on "rape." Both are terrible but there's a difference in seriousness to both for the victim.

Thought 2 years was lenient...

well the kid was clearly asking questions, stupid thing to say james

How in anyway was it stupid? He could of quite easily passed it off as something else and made a joke out of it or whatever a bit light-hearted, didn't have to turn round and tell him it's a chant directed at a thug who got convicted of sexual assault.

just a quick question

Having read the start of this thread I was going to make the same point myself Ramms. As reprehensible as he is, he is not a rapist. But that point will be lost on the ****** in our crowd who still think Dave Jones is a paedophile.

How in anyway was it stupid? He could of quite easily passed it off as something else and made a joke out of it or whatever a bit light-hearted, didn't have to turn round and tell him it's a chant directed at a thug who got convicted of sexual assault.

Ok then clever clogs. Tell me how to explain 'she said no Marlon, she said no' followed by 'rapist, rapist, 'rapist'.

Ok then clever clogs. Tell me how to explain 'she said no Marlon, she said no' followed by 'rapist, rapist, 'rapist'.

Common sense, would tell you it's probably best not to tell a child what a rapist is. I would of just either ignored them and changed subject or told them it doesn't matter.

He's a muppet, but was the best player on the pitch yesterday by a country mile. Exactly the type of player we need, held it up well, created chances and was a nuisance for the defence all game.

Archived