Davies is a winger, Ward is a striker

vonwright

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Ward did a fantastic job in that position on Saturday. He's a far more intelligent player than i thought, both his on the ball and off the ball play was fantastic.

Dont agree with that, he worked hard but apart from the goal i dont see what he offered us going forward. He got outpaced by there full back a few times but apart from that was quite sound defensively. I dont think he once beat his man or put in a decent cross which you want from a winger, add to that he's got the build of a 12 year old he's never going to offer anything physically. He'll never make a winger, always seen him as a Van Nistelroy type player.

.....always seen him as a Van Nistelroy type player.

???

Davies looks heavier and slower now. Apart from the goal he didnt play particularly well against Swansea....kept going to ground looking for free-kicks.

Maybe a Michael Owen after the injuries then. But before age caught up too much.

Hard to mark because he's short, nippy, can turn on the spot rapidly and is really just an annoying nuisance that you ignore at your peril.

against swansea, i thought ward made a few great tackles in a defensive role when he tracked back (did anyone see these? it got the crowd going at the time), also made some good off the ball runs forward, not sure if he could do that often but if he could be fit for both roles giving us a choice to change tactics during game

against swansea, i thought ward made a few great tackles in a defensive role when he tracked back (did anyone see these? it got the crowd going at the time), also made some good off the ball runs forward, not sure if he could do that often but if he could be fit for both roles giving us a choice to change tactics during game

Yeah noticed that too. Thought he offered good cover for the fullback.

Poacher?

Davies said: "We are delighted to have a new striker on board with a fantastic track record in terms of goals scored at every level. 'Robert is a fantastic addition to my squad and I'm sure the fans will be excited that we have a new fox in the box for the new season."

*shudder shudder shudder*

Archived