Frank Fielding - Think this is our first signing!

RotherhamRam

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2317985,00.html

Read this link, it would appear although not playing last 8 games from reading this he will be stopping to cheer on team. The content of his comments contain we, our, team, gutted can't play

This interview is wierd if he is going back to Blackburn as normally it would be thanks, wish them the best, hope they do well.

Have a read see what you think but for me this is an interview which indicates he is ours and will be coming in Summer and he going no where now.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless something really ridiculous happens..... like we take too long to finalize the deal and a PL side can offer him first team football from out of nowhere i think we can safely say he's ours.

Wonder what Bywater is making of Cardiff City though?

I think he will be here next season, would be a great signing.. every good team needs a good consistent goalkeeper and he is that! I thought Bywater was a good keeper until Fielding came in and made him look ordinary, infact.. made him look poor.

Great signing when finalised, surely we can't cock this one up.......can we ?

I bloody hope not, if it does get cocked up, slick the glick the *rick needs to go as he has no idea how to negoiate a contract or buying.

I have been thinking about Glick negotiation tactics, when Pearson was here he dealt with negotiaions and players for the manager as Glick was marketing. Glick took over after Pearson left. Now if my memory serves me right Barker came when Pearson was still here. Internet backs this up

Shaun joined Jul 2009 and Pearson left Oct 2009. Now is it cocidence that we have not signed a decent player or spent big or renewed contracts since he has gone. I was not to fond of Pearson but least we had a man in charge of negotiations, contracts and renewals who was a football man and knew a players worth in the market, it seems now we don't which has left Clough short of players.

I bloody hope not, if it does get cocked up, slick the glick the *rick needs to go as he has no idea how to negoiate a contract or buying.

I have been thinking about Glick negotiation tactics, when Pearson was here he dealt with negotiaions and players for the manager as Glick was marketing. Glick took over after Pearson left. Now if my memory serves me right Barker came when Pearson was still here. Internet backs this up

Shaun joined Jul 2009 and Pearson left Oct 2009. Now is it cocidence that we have not signed a decent player or spent big or renewed contracts since he has gone. I was not to fond of Pearson but least we had a man in charge of negotiations, contracts and renewals who was a football man and knew a players worth in the market, it seems now we don't which has left Clough short of players.

We offered Commons what he wanted, so apart from that, I concur.

We offered Commons what he wanted, so apart from that, I concur.

But look how long it took to offer the deal. Pearson would he have waited that long or would itr have been offered September when it became clear he would not be injury prone again and coming into form. He would have noticed the change in the player and thought hmmm need to sigfn him now not try and screw money out of him!

If Glick was doing the contarcts/transfers from the January GSE took over, we probably wouldn't have known how to sign Savage.......You can't fault GSE or Glick there.

I personally have no issues re Sav, yes he is thick, and yes he gets on peoples nerves BUT he still loves the game and he still puts some of the younger ones to shame by effort he puts in, may not have the quality as before.

I have to say in a dog fight the fact he gets under the opposition skin is good and his presenence on the pitch takes some pressure of the younfer ones cos of who he is.

Although I would not have signed him.

Now talking about expereinced midfielder who would like Oakley back here cos he should never have gone and that was down to Jewell

I think that the deal has already been done, verbally, as it can't be finalised until the summer.

In our local Burton Mail, Frank says 'I want to feel part of a team. For some reason or another I don't feel part of the team at Blackburn Rovers. Maybe because I'm a local lad and homegrown, it's different. But from when I walked through the door I felt part of the team here at Derby. I've made some good friends here and I'm really enjoying it.' The Headline to all this is "Frank set for a summer move to join the Rams". Nigels response is 'We'll be delighted if we can get him here for the next two or three seasons' Fielding finished by saying 'Im away with the U21's, we'll see what comes up in the summer - within due time you will all find out'

Intriguing or what?

I think that the deal has already been done, verbally, as it can't be finalised until the summer.

In our local Burton Mail, Frank says 'I want to feel part of a team. For some reason or another I don't feel part of the team at Blackburn Rovers. Maybe because I'm a local lad and homegrown, it's different. But from when I walked through the door I felt part of the team here at Derby. I've made some good friends here and I'm really enjoying it.' The Headline to all this is "Frank set for a summer move to join the Rams". Nigels response is 'We'll be delighted if we can get him here for the next two or three seasons' Fielding finished by saying 'Im away with the U21's, we'll see what comes up in the summer - within due time you will all find out'

Intriguing or what?

Within due time we will all find out? It was hinted in the Ward interview when he joined that clubs can't announce Emergency signing leading to s permanent. Reckon it will be announced on May 9th, the day after our last game which I believe is when we can start signing people.

Frank fielding was the only derby player yesterday that came all the way over to the travelling rams fans to show his appreciation to us!! He will be back.. Moxey also came over to say thank you which I thought was a nice gesture and he got a good reception!!

Archived