Nathan Tyson

Briggsy

My thoughts on Tyson for what it's worth, the corner flag thing does kinda bother me but then had it been Savage doing it you would all be calling him a legend for it, I'm not going to hold it against him or anything like that, he should be given a clean slate just like any player that joins Derby.

His goal top game ratio doesn't bother me either, he's never played for Derby and that's what's important. I don't think Clough will be signing him for his goals anyhow, it will be his pace out on the wing.

What does worry me is we still need an out and out goal scorer, not just 1 either, we need at least 2 with the injury track record this club has. Ward, S Davies, Maguire, Tyson, Cywka are all look the same kinda player (I may be wrong having only seen them on the telebox). Having Tyson's pace out on the wing is great but we need someone in the centre with pace that can keep up with him and stick it in the net.

It is still early days tho, I just hope we do get a "proper" striker in for the start of the new season that will make the most of Tyson's pace.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed some people comparing Tyson to Pearson, some saying he's no better than Pearson.

Does Pearson have pace? Yes. But has he ever used that to beat a man? Nine times out of ten Pearson will run straight into a defender with the ball. Tyson, at the very least, can beat a man and deliver a cross. Is his crossing any good? Who knows, but he'll at least be in the position to put that delivery in which is a damn-sight more than Pearson has done whilst here.

Oh and Tyson will want to prove a point to both Billy D if he stays at Forest and the Forest fans that have been on his back. Where better to stick yer middle finger up at Forest? in a Derby shirt obviously, if you get paid even more at the same time what a double Brucie bonus!

Was this on Radio Derby then? Not on @RadioDerby twitter so not heard it.

Personally, if he signs, i'm quite pleased. At least our full back won't have to stare at his arse every time he pegs it past them now! And according to something else i read earlier, we are after 4 more players after Shackell, Bryson, Maguire and Tyson......

How many years and managers have passed since then, I would bet my left...actually make it both testicles that Clough will never sign Tyson for Derby.

Looks like Daveo will soon be saying goodbye to his nutts...:D

What does worry me is we still need an out and out goal scorer, not just 1 either, we need at least 2 with the injury track record this club has. Ward, S Davies, Maguire, Tyson, Cywka are all look the same kinda player (I may be wrong having only seen them on the telebox). Having Tyson's pace out on the wing is great but we need someone in the centre with pace that can keep up with him and stick it in the net..

Good point, we still have not replaced Hulse.

Has he signed yet?

I love the posts saying they'd heard on RD at 1.00pm that he was due in for a medi.

I heard that news, NO medical was talked about! it said he was expected to drop in for a nice cup of coffee and a piece of carrot cake with Aunt Sally.

If this happens I think that whilst I won't forget what he did, he will still get a fair crack of the whip in a Derby shirt. Maybe not as quite as long as I'll give Bryson etc though!!

Well as you know I heard the 1pm sports news on Monday on Radio Detby and although they may not have mentioned a medical. They definatly made it sound like it was a good possibility he would be joining us in the very near future

[iNDENT]

One is a meeting and the other is a medical. Thought that was obvious. ..... and your kind of comments are the reason i stay of the board so much,,,,,,,,,,,,, things get interpreted in many ways a meeting with officials could of meant a number of things including a medical for all all we know.

Nathan Tyson is a Ram heee hates forest................ Tyson due to sign on afree transfer so say r.d. this morning.[/iNDENT]

Archived