Nathan Tyson

Briggsy

True, but I'd rather have a younger player who is given a chance to play this level and will want to prove himself, compared to this 29-year old who has proven that he is OK at this level but probably isn't good enough for a promotion charge and beacause of this may lack the ambition.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small steps. We are in no position to attract the division's top players, financially or because we have been poor for the last few seasons, so someone like Tyson fits the bill for the next year or so. He will bring something we don't have much of, pace and a left foot, and you never know, given a decent run in the team he might not be that bad and might help us improve, whereby we will be in a better position to attract better players.

We all know how hard it is to consistently perform at the top of your game when you're in the team one week, out the next, so why don't we wait and see whether it works before crucifying him. If he's lazy and useless, then fine, give him some stick, but the negativity of some on here for any player even before he puts pen to paper is staggering sometimes.

I'd love to know from some who, given what we are willing to pay in fees and wages, plus our league positions over the last few years, who they would realistically think we could sign at the moment.

Small steps. We are in no position to attract the division's top players, financially or because we have been poor for the last few seasons, so someone like Tyson fits the bill for the next year or so. He will bring something we don't have much of, pace and a left foot, and you never know, given a decent run in the team he might not be that bad and might help us improve, whereby we will be in a better position to attract better players.

We all know how hard it is to consistently perform at the top of your game when you're in the team one week, out the next, so why don't we wait and see whether it works before crucifying him. If he's lazy and useless, then fine, give him some stick, but the negativity of some on here for any player even before he puts pen to paper is staggering sometimes.

I'd love to know from some who, given what we are willing to pay in fees and wages, plus our league positions over the last few years, who they would realistically think we could sign at the moment.

Totally agree, I for one (probably the only one!) welcome this signing, whenever I have seen him play he has done well.

Tyson doesnt really have a great goal scoring rate and we need a striker who can score at least 10 goals a season in the championship. Here is his stats.

2005-06: 28 (0) - 10 goals

2006-07: 17 (13) - 9 goals

2007-08: 31 (8) - 12 goals

2008-09: 31 (8) - 7 goals

2009-10: 22 (18) - 2 goals

2010-11: 13 (22) - 2 goals

Think you've got your arrows pointing the wrong way round, though I'd put Tyson on a par of effectiveness with Pearson (both largely ineffective with the ocassional superb game), with Robinson way behind either.

Yes but putting the arrows that way round was supposed to be an exaggeration to get my point across. But never mind.

Tyson doesnt really have a great goal scoring rate and we need a striker who can score at least 10 goals a season in the championship. Here is his stats.

2005-06: 28 (0) - 10 goals

2006-07: 17 (13) - 9 goals

2007-08: 31 (8) - 12 goals

2008-09: 31 (8) - 7 goals

2009-10: 22 (18) - 2 goals

2010-11: 13 (22) - 2 goals

Agreed, but I don't think we're signing him predominently on his scoring record as I imagine he'll be played wide left. I see the signing of the likes of Maguire and Tyson (if it happens) as complimenting a proper 15-20 goal a season striker, which we are in desperate need of and which I hope everyone is working on behind the scenes.

Archived