Ratings v Doncaster

Wilko

Fielding, Brayford, Ayala, Barker, Bailey, Cywka, Green, Bueno, Addison. Are they really this poor? If it simply comes down to the players then why do we have managers and coaches?

Wilko, I meant we have no quality attacking (creative) players AT THE MO.

I like Cywka but he's too inconstant. He is still young though.

Bueno is the most girl(ish) player i have ever seen. He can't play away from home WTF???

Steve Davies is never fit. Good player though.

Porter, Pearson and B. Davies are crap. Ward and Robinson are useless without support from midfield.

P.S. I thought it's obvious that I'm from "anti-Clough" brigade.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you are fella. But I think the criticism of Bueno is a bit unfair. The style we've now adopted doesn't suit at all so he's never going to shine but he is a skilful player. Same with Cywka and Green. People write Green off but he's in the Rep Ire squad and played well for us. Again I think the style and tactics are making the more attacking players less involved rather than them being poor.

I don't usually post on these threads as I don't usually go to games as my armchair is far too comfy, although after Tuesday's pathetic attempt I would like to award a 0 to the players and staff.

If anyone would like to argue my 0 rating don't waste your time, I'm right you're wrong.

I thought Ward was completely wasted out there. He's a very greedy player. To have him as one of only two suppliers (B Davies the other) to our forwards was an odd decision.

Too much swapping and changing isn't there now?

What more can Cywka do to get in the side ahead of B Davies? Why would we ever play 2 defensive midfielders at home in 4-4-2? Or 4-4-1-1?

Porter in, Porter out, Davies in, Davies Out, Pearson in, Pearson out, Savage in, Savage out, Ward striker, Ward midfielder, S Davies target man, S Davies supplier,...... change, change change!!

I guess Nigel is looking for the answer. But we worked all summer on 4-2-3-1. We CAN perform in that system. Sure, it stopped working. But is 4-4-2 working? Is "moving onto the next bunch of players" working.

I think he should of stuck by certain players in certain positions for longer than he did. Cywka, Green and Bueno's form dived drastically. But Nigel surely must know that he can't just find 3 players in the squad to replace them with equal quality?

I'm sure we would of lost too had we stuck with 4-2-3-1 and stuck by out of form players. But with just a few small changes we might have picked it up again. Now does any player know where they stand?

IMO, a settled side getting beat stands more chance of getting back into form than an extremely unsettled side.

I'd rather have an out of form Cywka than an in form Pearson. I'd rather have Bueno struggling than Pringle at his best. I don't think Nigel has anywhere near the depth he thinks he has. Good out of form players are still good players. Stick with them. Work through it. Poor in form players can't really replace them.

All that work in the summer on the system. Wasted. Not a single partnership on the field.

Too much change. How many diff combinations of midfielders and strikers have we had?

If in doubt play your best 11 in a system they know.

imo.

Wow, could have written that myself... and exactly what I was saying on the way home from the match on Tuesday night. Far too much chopping and changing, I agree we would probably still have lost even if he hadn't made the changes but let the ones who have made the mistakes put it right, NC doesn't seem to give anyone second chances, if you make a couple of mistakes you're out on your ear, not the best way to build team confidence and spirit and where, in his summing up of the match on Tuesday, was the 'I may have got the tactics wrong', it seems to me that it is always someone else's fault with NC, never takes any of the blame himself. I agree the performance wasn't the best I've seen this season in the second half, but the first half proved that the players can play decent football when given the chance AND ENCOURAGEMENT. I was not one of the ones booing or leaving on Tuesday as I'm there to SUPPORT the players and don't think negativity helps, but that's just my opinion and I do understand that people 'pays their money and makes their choice'

I don't want to be harsh on the lad but I really don't see much football ability in addison. He is a big lump of a man but he can't play football and you need to be able to play in midfield. I can see him making a career as a Darren moore type centre half but nothing more than that.

So if we do have good players as some believe then why are we struggling? I actually only think we have 4 or 5 decent players

I don't want to be harsh on the lad but I really don't see much football ability in addison. He is a big lump of a man but he can't play football and you need to be able to play in midfield. I can see him making a career as a Darren moore type centre half but nothing more than that.

So if we do have good players as some believe then why are we struggling? I actually only think we have 4 or 5 decent players

I think Addison needs a pre-season to gain some real energy before we can judge him on how good he is in midfield. When your legs are tired your head gets tired and it makes it harder even to pick up a 20 yard pass. I actually think he might do well in the midfield but if he has a full pre-season and still struggles, I will hold my hand up and say I was wrong.

True. But would be good to have some decent players rather than Porter and B.Davies.

Harsh to judge Davies so early on when he's come into a team playing badly. Porter I agree with though. I still don't think that with our group of players we should be struggling as we are. We have a good set of players, nothing amazing but definitely not relegation battlers.

I don't usually post on these threads as I don't usually go to games as my armchair is far too comfy, although after Tuesday's pathetic attempt I would like to award a 0 to the players and staff.

If anyone would like to argue my 0 rating don't waste your time, I'm right you're wrong.

Obviously in other occasions Daveo's opinions are null and void, as Colin Bloomfield's commentary is crap.

But on this occasion, it's as if he was their himself, un canny.

I concur.

Anyone think it's a bit of self-fulfilling prophecy with Bueno?

Before he even signed or before his first away game he was probably told an infinite amount of times that he'd be lightweight and would struggle away from home. Clough said that plenty of times.

Is it really a surprise to see Bueno struggling?

i agree with emjlc02,

when your playing along a Savage type player (not matter how old he is) he will look to get it down and pass and Addison can't really control or stroke the ball around midfield in that manner. maybe Sav (or his replacement) could play alongside Bailey with Addison behind them (1-4-2-3-1). i know everyone wants him to do well but at the moment he is much of a muchness, as could be said for most of our squad :confused:

when oh when will some quality youngsters be alowed to come through? drives me mad :mad:

Archived