Dear Deardrie

vicky-27

Ok i must be mad posting this on here, but here goes... - sorry Joe more doom and gloom

Been with my fella 7 months now and think the world of him he has told me he needs space - he is not over his ex and although he swears he isn't getting back with her he says he can't yet move on , he needs closure from it and needs to be alone to think -(they were together 10 years on and off and split 18 month ago - he said he thinks to the world of me to but needs to be alone and concentrate on him and his daughter - he works long hours in a boring factory job for not much money (was self employed plasterer but had to give it up as not much work on) and only sees his daughter once a week in the meantime im in limbo depressed and a thousand questions going through my head, how do i get through this ? :frown:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad luck there Vicky :frown:

First off, get down the shop, buy loads of chocolate, beer, fags and a box of tissues, that should set you up for the crappy evening you have ahead. Failing that, have an evening out with your girlfriends and slate every fella that comes up in conversation :D

Next thing, would you prefer that I pm you as to what your next move might be? or are you happy for me to post it here? xx

First off, get down the shop, buy loads of chocolate, beer, fags and a box of tissues, that should set you up for the crappy evening you have ahead. Failing that, have an evening out with your girlfriends and slate every fella that comes up in conversation :D

Next thing, would you prefer that I pm you as to what your next move might be? or are you happy for me to post it here? xx

Thanks for the reply - i don't mind if you post it here - i can take all the stick i will get off the fellas - and thanks

It's not good news I'm afraid. I need space is man speak for "it's over"

You will find another one m'lady, you just won't feel like you can get over it at the moment.

You'll look back on this in the future, and realise it was for the best.

Oh course, it don't help that Derby are ***** at the moment.

You've got loads of admirers you little foxy devil, I've seen them on facebook.

Jonny Reds sniffing around and you can't see it! mind you, he is a red dog so see your predicament.

You and him could do a remake of "westside story"

Chin up sweetie.

Thanks for the reply - i don't mind if you post it here - i can take all the stick i will get off the fellas - and thanks

To be fair, she's took some stick off us, but we're very protective off her, and wont let her suffer any abuse from people who don't know her.

Ok i must be mad posting this on here, but here goes... - sorry Joe more doom and gloom

Been with my fella 7 months now and think the world of him he has told me he needs space - he is not over his ex and although he swears he isn't getting back with her he says he can't yet move on , he needs closure from it and needs to be alone to think -(they were together 10 years on and off and split 18 month ago - he said he thinks to the world of me to but needs to be alone and concentrate on him and his daughter - he works long hours in a boring factory job for not much money (was self employed plasterer but had to give it up as not much work on) and only sees his daughter once a week in the meantime im in limbo depressed and a thousand questions going through my head, how do i get through this ? :frown:

1 rampant rabbit whinging its way to you from aus,

(ps...... dont get chipping yer teeth with it will ya?):D

Vicky - you've got to respect his need for time and space, but that doesn't mean that you have to sit waiting for him. Sounds like a man with a lot of baggage, do you really need all that?

Get yourself out, enjoy yourself. Life's too short.

Thanks Trig - shall be waiting for my parcel :D

Thanks Mrs Ram - i am prepared to wait for a while as i know he's had a tough time with his job/money problems etc on top of everthing else, living back home and having to pay out for his daughter he only sees once a week is hard to, maybe i am making excuses i don't know im so confused but im gonna hang on and see, maybe he will miss me who knows !

Hiya Vicky, sorry to read about your situation.

I've got to disagree with MrsRam about respecting his need for time and space. I assume you've given the fella the "best" of you in the last 7 months, by that I mean doing your best to make a go of the relationship.

This appears not to have been enough and he wants closure with his ex despite your best efforts to get him through a bad time.

Tell him he can have all the time, space and closure he likes. Also tell him he doesn't get two bites at this cherry, I think he wants out of the relationship and hasn't got the b******s to tell you straight.

Every morning say to yourself, mate, you've missed out on a good 'un but that's your problem. Then if your finances allow, treat yourself to something that'll make you happy, be it a new hair-do bloomin' Iphone or whatever your financial situation allows.

Chin up me duck.;)

First off, get down the shop, buy loads of chocolate, beer, fags and a box of tissues,

um...i'm no expert but i doubt whether turning into a fat bird with red eyes, yellow teeth and a dog's breath will really help.

looking fit usually works.

What I meant by respecting the fact he wants time and space is, Vicky needs to give it him, not go phoning, calling round, texting etc (whatever these young 'uns do now). As Vicky says, he may miss her. It's not easy to walk away from someone if you don't want to but she shouldn't sit at home waiting either.

What will be will be.

RamNut - you made me snigger. :D

um...i'm no expert but i doubt whether turning into a fat bird with red eyes, yellow teeth and a dog's breath will really help.

looking fit usually works.

Even fit birds practice all of the above at some point, trust me. If they tell you otherwise, they're telling porkies.

And spot on EastHeartsRam.

Archived