New Song :)

AlexWillo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the songs have to be just in English?

Just a simple question..

As I could make a song from a Spanish/Portuguese song which I'd obviously change the lyrics to DCFC and footballed based (In English).. But for added rythm I could fit in words from the song in Spanish + Portuguese for added effect.

It would probably contain 1 line plus a few other words here or there in Spanish and Portuguese

Does the songs have to be just in English?

Just a simple question..

As I could make a song from a Spanish/Portuguese song which I'd obviously change the lyrics to DCFC and footballed based (In English).. But for added rythm I could fit in words from the song in Spanish + Portuguese for added effect.

It would probably contain 1 line plus a few other words here or there in Spanish and Portuguese

Just my opinion, but i'd say no. Teams like Borussia Dortmund and St Pauli sing some songs in English and it just sounds lame to me. Plus there's no way anyone would take the time to find out what it is they're singing means. However, it seems to be the fashion to be European at the moment so I reckon most people would support the idea.

Not my cup of tea though.

Right - just done a search on the songs that were in the charts in 1972 (was only 7 meself but a good year for Derby County), and lo and behold, a song came up - called black and white - I listened to it - and I knew it, not by these chaps, more reggae, but can we do something with this?

Sorry if it's been done already :(

Here's to you Theo Robinson, Derby loves you more than you will know - ow ow ow.

God bless you please Theo Robinson, heaven holds a place for those who play, on a Saturday hey hey hey, hey hey hey

I like that. :)

My girls have just sang this;

Oh by the light

(by the light by the light)

of the silvery moon

(silvry moon, silvry moon)

The Leeds are *****

and the Forest are too.......oooh oooh

Sorry, but if Sheffield can sing John Denver, we can sing silvry moon....:D

Is that a Forest song?

I know they've got Mull of Kintyre (which they can keep lol)

Can't see any reason why we can't nick that one, being as it fits.....:p

I know its a forest song but the name Frank Fielding fits beautifully into "lost that loving feeling" or whatever that songs called. eg...

Weve got that franky fielding,

wooow that franky fielding,

weve got that franky fielding he's number 1,1,1,

owowowwowow!!!

We were singing that yesterday!

Archived