Loans till Summer then a deal?

RotherhamRam

Now I'm struggling on this as I see this as a possible solution in respect of strikers.

Varney went to Blackpool on a loan till the end of the season with a clause saying they can buy or him or he could be sold at the transfer window. Now we know they could buy him for £400k and that we dipped out on this according to Holloway, first question but not the point of thread why haven't they done so.

Now this is the point of thread. If they can do this why can't we with a striker.

As you can guess from my name I am from Rotherham and up here is a striker linked to Derby for quite a while in Le Fondre. Now his contract expires in the summer and he has told Rotherham he has not interest in signing new contract at moment. Why don't we pay a little fee as Blackpool would have done and take Le Fondre here till end of season on a trial basis, he has 16 games to prove his worth and then from there it is up to him. There would be no fee at end of season, if he works out then we have first dibs, if he doesn't we don't lose out. He is a goal scorer and if we are going 442 with Davies maybe the man with him.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackpool probably haven't signed him because of his wages and that he hasn't scored for a bit and his assists have dried up. Maybe Holliway being a tit over the fee stories meant we wouldn't sell him. He could come back at the end of the season too with another year left on his contract, some other newly promoted club may be interested then, bumping his price up if Blackpool want him.

ALF is important to Rotherham and for them I think keeping his goals may be more important than a fee and they probably wouldn't loan him out.

Le Fondre has 18 months on his contract. :confused:

Le Fondre, the leading marksman in the Football League this season, has turned down the offer of a new deal with the Millers but still has 18 months to serve on his contract with the League Two club.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/le_fondre_staying_with_millers_after_town_are_told_no_go_on_deadline_day_1_3054123

Well apparently, according to the DET we are about to do that with Jamie Ward. Obviously someone saw your post and thought it was a good idea.:D

I wish I could say I rang Clough to give him some advice but I can't. Now the same is being looked at in relation to the Ipswich player. If this is the case and they are loan to purchase and these type of players are coming in then all well and good.

The question would be then is it "too little too late" for the board as these players would have been available in Jan window and are they reacting to the pressure. The crunch will be the summer when or if they sign players

Archived