Songs

Asanovic

I've always though it's a shame we don't have a song that really defines us. Most clubs seem to have a song or two that are individual, but we have pretty standard songs that are used by eveyone else (bar Steve Bloomer, which I don't really enjoy singing).

We seem to have a few that a few people sing, but nothing that everyone really identifies with. Thinking of red dogs 'you've lost that loving feeling' etc.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always though it's a shame we don't have a song that really defines us. Most clubs seem to have a song or two that are individual, but we have pretty standard songs that are used by eveyone else (bar Steve Bloomer, which I don't really enjoy singing).

We seem to have a few that a few people sing, but nothing that everyone really identifies with. Thinking of red dogs 'you've lost that loving feeling' etc.

I'd love us to have a song that defines us like Stroke with Delilah. My aged brother seems to remember that Hey Ho Silver Lining used to be sung back in the seventies, don't know how regular a song it was. I've tried to imagine it but can't get the association with weddings out of my mind.

This has been talked about for ages but nothings ever really happened, hopefully the Block A lot could get something started. What about Bon Jovi - Livin On A Prayer? At Crawley when this was being played at half time and it stopped, a few people carried it and sounded quite good.

We could put in an offer for Kasabian? Their at least East Midlands. Although no doubt Leicester would agree to the deal and then change their minds at the last minute leaving us short of ideas.

Isn't hey ho silver lining identified with Wolves?

"I love Wolverhampton?"

Steve Bloomer makes much more sense imo than Stoke's Delila. And Notts with their Lost That Loving Feeling. Always thought that was stupid

We've already started singing this song, it's well known as a great chant around St Pauli and Celtic...heard either the Welsh or Irish singing it last night in the nations cup.

No team in England (as far as i know) use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeI4lAvv7Yk

We love you,

We love you,

We love you,

and where you go we'll follow,

we'll follow,

we'll follow,

Cos we support the Derby,

the Derby,

the Derby,

and that's the way we like it,

we like it,

we like it,

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

A few times whilst listening on Radio Derby you can hear Derby singing this, mostly away from home. It's a song that could become synonymous with the Block A guys as they build up that atmospere along with the bouncing and scarf waving antics.

We've already started singing this song, it's well known as a great chant around St Pauli and Celtic...heard either the Welsh or Irish singing it last night in the nations cup.

We love you,

We love you,

We love you,

we'll follow,

we'll follow,

the Derby,

the Derby,

we like it,

we like it,

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

A few times whilst listening on Radio Derby you can hear Derby singing this, mostly away from home. It's a song that could become synonymous with the Block A guys as they build up that atmospere along with the bouncing and scarf waving antics.

Seriously mate, I've heard no end of teams sing that.

Good song, but by no means original.

We could put in an offer for Kasabian? Their at least East Midlands. Although no doubt Leicester would agree to the deal and then change their minds at the last minute leaving us short of ideas.

Isn't hey ho silver lining identified with Wolves?

"I love Wolverhampton?"

Steve Bloomer makes much more sense imo than Stoke's Delila. And Notts with their Lost That Loving Feeling. Always thought that was stupid

Might be wolves as well but I always thought the association was principally with Wednesday, they certainly have belted it out on the numerous occasions I have visited.

We love you,

We love you,

We love you,

we'll follow,

we'll follow,

the Derby,

the Derby,

we like it,

we like it,

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

Crystal palace supporter sung this last season at the 1-0 defeat at selhurst, and ever since then we've sung it.

We love you,

We love you,

We love you,

we'll follow,

we'll follow,

the Derby,

the Derby,

we like it,

we like it,

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

We started singing that after Palace came to our place and sang it last season.

We love you,

We love you,

We love you,

we'll follow,

we'll follow,

the Derby,

the Derby,

we like it,

we like it,

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

ooooh ooOOH OOOOH

OOOOH OOooh ooooh

About as original as "We love you Derby" is that song. Palace ultras brought it to this side of the border as far as I'm aware and its since been copied by numerous clubs, including us. Other clubs I'm in no doubt will probably follow suit eventually.

Archived