First day of the loan window

welsh dragon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We thought that in the transfer window. I thought they were lined up

They were, but amazing as it may sound we underestimated the extent of a player's injury and were expertly played by a rival team, ensuring that we maintained our interest until the window closed, leaving no time to get an alternative.

Now we are scraping the barrel to see what's left. At some point we are going to have to admit that the rent a player market offers only false economy.

They were, but amazing as it may sound we underestimated the extent of a player's injury and were expertly played by a rival team, ensuring that we maintained our interest until the window closed, leaving no time to get an alternative.

Now we are scraping the barrel to see what's left. At some point we are going to have to admit that the rent a player market offers only false economy.

Well said.

Although our targets are clear, and the reasons why any delays occur have been explained.

Oh dear... not this again. I'm talking about old reject from mighty Bradford not about unknown young kid from Crewe.

irrelevant where he comes from, If Clough thinks he's good enough then that's enough for me. Just because he played as a trialist doesn't mean he's going to sign either, most trialists we've had haven't signed

irrelevant where he comes from, If Clough thinks he's good enough then that's enough for me. Just because he played as a trialist doesn't mean he's going to sign either, most trialists we've had haven't signed

I'm prepared to give him a shot, and a few years ago I thought he was decent, but a 35 year old former Mansfield and Bradford City player doesn't fill me with confidence if we were taking a serious look at him.

For 20 minutes he might do a job in the odd game as a substitute, but I would hope that he isn't going to be looked at as a serious option.

I'm prepared to give him a shot, and a few years ago I thought he was decent, but a 35 year old former Mansfield and Bradford City player doesn't fill me with confidence if we were taking a serious look at him.

For 20 minutes he might do a job in the odd game as a substitute, but I would hope that he isn't going to be looked at as a serious option.

I pretty much think the same, but if Clough thinks he is good enough to do a job for us then I'll reserve any judgement before I see him play

I think there is simply no way in living hell that this guy will even complete a successful pass in a Derby shirt.

Surely there are Sunday league players who'd play for free who would be better than this guy.

In absolute disbelief with this one.

We weren't expertly played, we were extremely naive in not pursuing other options.

Depending on your expectations for the season (and beyond), we probably need three strikers. To have only two lined up (Sammon and Waghorn), with no others, speaks volumes.

Alex, Alex, come on now, sometimes I think you are a bit of a wummer.

Why on earth should we entertain paying wages to some old has-been, who may come on, and may do a job for twenty minutes or so.

We need a first eleven, we need a settled side , and a consistent side.

Paying good money we profess not to have for someone to sit on the bench is ludicrous IMHO>

Archived