This Puts Everything perfectly

Sheep<3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being a total happy clapper - more like a happy slasher praps :D

I think the board should give Nigel some money to spend. I appreciate they've got us back on track financially, but when will we be sound enough to start spending a bit.

A decent squad won 9 out of 12 games at one point.

Add the runs together and it evens up. We've hit teams on top form, which is unfortunate.

And save your petty comments, you're a grown man for fecks sake. Act like one, not some kid in the playground.

Whats did that letter say again? Our win ratio with nige is 33%.

A decent squad won 9 out of 12 games at one point.

Add the runs together and it evens up. We've hit teams on top form, which is unfortunate.

And save your petty comments, you're a grown man for fecks sake. Act like one, not some kid in the playground.

it wasnt a petty comment,you come across as somebody who will accept any old ****.Thats all,just an observation.My kid plays in a playground and he realises that there are problems at Derby.

when will ppl get it in their thick skulls THEIR NOT GOING TO GIVE CLOUGHIE ANY MONEY doi they've been here for three years and i bet they've not spent 5 mill

Just be careful how you compose these mini rants. Some of us may take offence at being called thick.

it wasnt a petty comment,you come across as somebody who will accept any old ****.Thats all,just an observation.My kid plays in a playground and he realises that there are problems at Derby.

I imagine you've told him there are problems and hes blindly accepted it because you're his dad.

I change my view on what I see infront of me. Simple.

yep it is overall. This season its 34%

If I do some quick maths here.. It usually takes 75 points (20 wins) from 46 roughly 47% win ratio to make the playoffs..

And for Autos 85 points (24 wins) around 52% win ratio..

Therefore if NC carries on with his progression, we can expect to make the playoffs in 13 years time.. Well, 18 years for Autos just to make sure..

Exciting times my friends

Great letter to glick but cloughies hands are tied big time with the yanks, we are not even treading water so to speak we are sinking quick. Enough is enough mr glick, stop the rot now otherwise attendances will fall, season tickets will not be re-newed. It`s time to spend and not in the lower leagues. Apologies for being negative but it`s the sad truth!!! :mad:

when i read it, it blew my mind because i was like YES, this is what is expressed by 30,000 derby supporters, we all feel like this :)

Erm, what 30,000 fans? That's a figure we've only hit for Forest this season to my knowledge, maybe Sheffield United.

The truth is, nowhere near that amount feel like that anyway. If you really wanted the board and/or Nigel out, then you could do one of three things:

1.) Vote with your feet. Just don't go.

2.) Organise, or participate in, a protest directed at the board or management either before or after a home game.

3.) Write an open letter to Glick or Clough.

I don't see enough people doing anything about the situation for anything to change in the near future.

If you want people out, go and do something about it.

BTW, none of this was posted directly at you Sheep<3

Not all feel like this..

PeteDerby for example will never admit NC isn't a decent manager unless he's had at least $5mill to spend..

Obviously nothing wrong with that opinion..

IMO decent managers don't need $5mill to forge a good team and challenge for promotion.

Well, that's not quite the truth, but acept that it's your version of it.

My reality is that we've had nothing to confirm that NC isn't a decent manager, given the circumstances, other than people who have never done the job before saying that if he did it their way we'd be challenging for promotion.

Reason I say that is because we're there in midtable, despite raising more than we spent and slashing £7million of the wage budget.

Take that into context, Bris - it wasn't as if we were particularly blessed with talent in the first place, so it's not like we were a man utd, man city or even QPR for that matter, cutting down a good but large squad.

It was a ***** squad with a couple of gems. Those gems have now gone, and all that's left is the legacy under-achievers like Pearson and Leacock, a half-crocked Barker, then a load of kids still finding their feet at this level.

They were superb for a few months running up to Christmas, so nobody here can say NC is incapable of getting a team playing great football.

So yes, NC signed lower division players with the hope that they might be brought on by the older heads, but never in a month of Sundays did he ever imagine that that's all he'd not have the money to bring a few more in, nor have to sell the ones he's already got.

Do I think he's fcked up a few times? Yes I do. Then again I've never seen a manager yet who didn't.

I am convinced that there's isn't a manager on the planet that could do a massively better job in the circumstances NC has been in since day one - which incidentally has got worse financially despite the cuts he's managed, rather than better as everyone expected based on GSE's comments about getting debts / costs down before putting in money.

If you think a 'decent' manager would have done better than Clough then that's your opinion - but your opinion isn't any more relevant than mine.

Archived