This Puts Everything perfectly

Sheep<3

Yes, only a very small improvement which isn't worth batting an eyelid at really.

Theoretically, you could finish 1st with less points than the previous season and that is an improvement. So to me the actual final league position is far more important than the amount of points.

So the people that say we are still improving because we have more points than last season, are wrong.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From all this chat about finish above/below last seasons position with more/less points doesn't mean anything. No matter what the GSE will say its a success i either happen.

We should all have our own opinions of whats acceptable or not, and to me, top 12 is acceptable, that was my aim at the start of the season and that remains

Back to the original post. The link is to a well written letter about the writer's opinion.

I never agreed when Billy used to play Pearson instead of Seth personally.

Still don't actually.

I am sorry for going off topic, but am slightly surprised the more points brigade have not said something:)

I am sorry for going off topic, but am slightly surprised the more points brigade have not said something:)

would it change any of your views if they did?

poor Alex has been fighting a battle almost single handed for the last few months and if he ever tries to counter balance anything, he gets destroyed by about 12 of you....

I genuinely love him (as much as you can love another man from a football forum in a non sexual way) for the fact he keeps batting back.. i don't have the same patience as him and want to get very direct very quickly.

there are a few on here who should have a long hard look at themselves for the nasty nature of what they write on a daily basis.

I'll say it - we'll get more points than we did last year - and that WILL be progress.

Happy weekend Smifster :-)

would it change any of your views if they did?

poor Alex has been fighting a battle almost single handed for the last few months and if he ever tries to counter balance anything, he gets destroyed by about 12 of you....

I genuinely love him (as much as you can love another man from a football forum in a non sexual way) for the fact he keeps batting back.. i don't have the same patience as him and want to get very direct very quickly.

there are a few on here who should have a long hard look at themselves for the nasty nature of what they write on a daily basis.

I'll say it - we'll get more points than we did last year - and that WILL be progress.

Happy weekend Smifster :-)

Alex disagrees with you:D

Take a look at yourself pally, its a forum, for discussions, but not according to you and people like you,you demand to be right, and ridicule, and lambaste anyone for having a different opinion.

If I think someone is right I will say so, but if I don't I will also say so, and if proven wrong, I will admit it, how about you.

Have a nice day:)

Take a look at yourself pally, its a forum, for discussions, but not according to you and people like you,you demand to be right, and ridicule, and lambaste anyone for having a different opinion.If I think someone is right I will say so, but if I don't I will also say so, and if proven wrong, I will admit it, how about you.

Isn't that what people have been doing to Alex? Just a thought.

1) Take a look at yourself pally, its a forum, for discussions, but not according to you and people like you,2) you demand to be right, and ridicule, and lambaste anyone for having a different opinion.If I think someone is right I will say so, but if I don't I will also say so, and if proven wrong, I will admit it, how about you.

1) Discussions are fine.

2) I make no demands to be right - I just think I am - the same as you.

My right is based on a bit of knowledge though - is yours?

3) what's the difference Smiffy? between my ridiculing and lambasting of people with different opinions and yours?

4) Sure I would admit it - i think if you read what i write - you might see I've already done that....I've only got about 15 posts on here and about 20 on the forum before this one - so the lambasiting of everyone doesn't really exist.

What does exist is a strong belief that if you are entitled to have a go at someone or something that you don't know - then so am I.

You AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU (what a shockingly stupid statement that is by the way)

carry on writing/posting the way you want - please don't stop me from doing the same..

1) Discussions are fine.

2) I make no demands to be right - I just think I am - the same as you.

My right is based on a bit of knowledge though - is yours?

3) what's the difference Smiffy? between my ridiculing and lambasting of people with different opinions and yours?

4) Sure I would admit it - i think if you read what i write - you might see I've already done that....I've only got about 15 posts on here and about 20 on the forum before this one - so the lambasiting of everyone doesn't really exist.

What does exist is a strong belief that if you are entitled to have a go at someone or something that you don't know - then so am I.

You AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU (what a shockingly stupid statement that is by the way)

carry on writing/posting the way you want - please don't stop me from doing the same..

Alex and maybe you also,not sure, as you say you do not post too much, has only one point of view, Pro board, pro Clough, and will argue with anyone that differs, is it any wonder, he gets into a few scrapes, not from me I hasten to add, we have had a few laughs, although because of the age difference we have vastly different sense of humours, and have discussed so.

Look at his post count and the short time he has been on here, its pretty impressive, ( one way of looking at it ), or he sticks his nose in a bit ( another way of looking at it ), he is a big boy and can look after himself, and I am also sure he don't need your help.

Though as you say you love him, maybe in a fatherly way:rolleyes::D

the main problem with gse is the wage structure,even if they put millions up for quality players,quality players demand quality wages,which the board will not pay,ie commons.so i'm afraid we'll not see any decent tallent untill something is changed.

Any non sexual love from another man is welcomed by me, rigamortis :D Cheers for your comments.

I do not come on here for just arguings sake, and my view is not always Pro the board (though most of the time it is Pro Clough as I think he's the right man for the job).

I have mentioned before I was very annoyed about the lack of a loan striker in before we got Shefti Kuqi, and wrote a thread about it on the old DET. They got someone in, which is fair play, but it was still a gripe with me about the lack of rush to sign someone.

Despite that, I genuinely think that the plan is a good one, that's it. It's what I think, so of course with this being a forum and if I see an anti post I may comment to offer my own opinion of events or circumstances.

I've racked up so many posts because I just find football interesting to talk about, and of course enjoy having a laugh with the mods and other posters on here.

Recently i've got really fed up of it though and stepped down as a Mod as I was pretty set on leaving. I'm not bothered about being insulted or what not, it's like water off a ducks back to me, but just the general unhappiness on here and attacking of certain people isn't something I want to be a part of.

If people disagree with me then fine, I do not demand that people believe my side of events. I just put them forward, because I simply think they are right. As does everyone on this forum.

That's all really. Anyway, as you were.......

(Oh, and the points and league positions thing was silly of us to discus really. In order to move up a league position, you need to get more points. If you get more points but drop a position it has to be by only 1 or 2 points, which to me isn't that bad anyway. I just go by league positon rather than points. Others may not, and that's fine. Just my interpretation :) )

Any non sexual love from another man is welcomed by me, rigamortis :D Cheers for your comments.

I do not come on here for just arguings sake, and my view is not always Pro the board (though most of the time it is Pro Clough as I think he's the right man for the job).

I have mentioned before I was very annoyed about the lack of a loan striker in before we got Shefti Kuqi, and wrote a thread about it on the old DET. They got someone in, which is fair play, but it was still a gripe with me about the lack of rush to sign someone.

Despite that, I genuinely think that the plan is a good one, that's it. It's what I think, so of course with this being a forum and if I see an anti post I may comment to offer my own opinion of events or circumstances.

I've racked up so many posts because I just find football interesting to talk about, and of course enjoy having a laugh with the mods and other posters on here.

Recently i've got really fed up of it though and stepped down as a Mod as I was pretty set on leaving. I'm not bothered about being insulted or what not, it's like water off a ducks back to me, but just the general unhappiness on here and attacking of certain people isn't something I want to be a part of.

If people disagree with me then fine, I do not demand that people believe my side of events. I just put them forward, because I simply think they are right. As does everyone on this forum.

That's all really. Anyway, as you were.......

(Oh, and the points and league positions thing was silly of us to discus really. In order to move up a league position, you need to get more points. If you get more points but drop a position it has to be by only 1 or 2 points, which to me isn't that bad anyway. I just go by league positon rather than points. Others may not, and that's fine. Just my interpretation :) )

Not over a season, you could get less points, and be higher, or more points, and be lower, than the previous season.:D

Here comes riga:D

Not over a season, you could get less points, and be higher, or more points, and be lower, than the previous season.:D

Here comes riga:D

I know that, but only by a very small factor could this happen.

I would be happy with more points if we stayed where we are now or higher of course, if we got more points and dropped a place then I wouldn't be that happy.

That's just my own view though.

Don't forget every year the division has 6 (six!!) new teams. Home and away. The quality of the division changes. Last season we took points from WBA and Newcastle. Is that as impressive as points from QPR and Swansea? Or Hull and Burnley (for a PL comparison). Equally the teams that came up Leeds and Norwich compared to P'boro.....

It's no good trying to evaluate us over 2 seasons by comparing the number of points. If next season we end up with Birmingham, West Ham, Wolves, Southampton, Sheff Wednesday and Brighton joining Leeds and Norwich..... well, if we got less points then than this season but finished in the same position would that mean we've become weaker?? Surely not?

You don't always go to places like Carrow Rd, Elland Rd, St Andrews, Molineux, Upton Park if your Derby and expect 3 points. You would however fancy our chances more at Brighton, Huddersfield and Sheff Wednesday.

Don't forget every year the division has 6 (six!!) new teams. Home and away. The quality of the division changes. Last season we took points from WBA and Newcastle. Is that as impressive as points from QPR and Swansea? Or Hull and Burnley (for a PL comparison). Equally the teams that came up Leeds and Norwich compared to P'boro.....

It's no good trying to evaluate us over 2 seasons by comparing the number of points. If next season we end up with Birmingham, West Ham, Wolves, Southampton, Sheff Wednesday and Brighton joining Leeds and Norwich..... well, if we got less points then than this season but finished in the same position would that mean we've become weaker?? Surely not?

You don't always go to places like Carrow Rd, Elland Rd, St Andrews, Molineux, Upton Park if your Derby and expect 3 points. You would however fancy our chances more at Brighton, Huddersfield and Sheff Wednesday.

If you don't fancy your chances at Sheff Wednesday then you obviously think that your going down as well.

Archived