Ben Davies Receives Death Threats

Day

FORMER Notts County player Ben Davies says he has received death threats since leaving the club for Derby County.

The former Magpies star moved to Pride Park last week and made his debut for Derby in a 1-0 defeat to Nottingham Forest yesterday.

Speaking after the match about his move, Davies said: "I do not think the full truth has come out about it.

"I think the Notts fans are disappointed judging by the couple of death threats I have had this week, which is disappointing.

"The one thing I did do when I was at Notts was give absolutely everything I've got and I have always said it was the happiest I have been in my career.

"I'm disappointed because I loved being at Notts."

He said it was a "massive decision" to leave Notts County and that he had thought "long and hard" about signing for Derby.

He said: "It was a difficult decision for me, taking family and everything into account, and this is the decision I have made."

Davies handed in a transfer request at Meadow Lane before completing his move to Derby on Thursday after signing a two-and-a-half year contract.

Notts had been keen to retain the services of the 29-year-old midfielder, who has made himself a firm favourite with the Meadow Lane faithful.

Davies scored 20 goals in 67 league starts for the Magpies since signing on a free transfer in the summer of 2009.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sport/Ben-Davies-receives-death-threats-County-fans-Derby/article-3133680-detail/article.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived