Cloughie Watch

Sheep<3

Having a go at Nigel for his signings it totally unfair. He's signed good players.

What Nigel's downfall is his ability to motivate players.

Our good run shows we have a play-off team, or atleast the base of one. Our current run of form is deeply worrying, because bar a couple of players, the team in recent weaks was the same one that beat Watford, Palace, Preston and Boro so comprehensively.

Our current form started with needlessly playing players out of position and then slating them for not giving a decent performance.. Nothing to do with motivating players, it was such a ridiculous decision that has started this avalanche.

NC had bought in some quality players in Cywka, Bailey, Brayford and Moxey but has individually destroyed them.. They've all played out of position, all been slated for a performance or two and bar Brayford all been dropped...

NC only has himself to blame, he had assembled a squad capable of destroying teams and got us to 4th.. Then the positions and the getting rid of Kuqi and not following up on Fielding is pure amatureish..

The likes of Pingle and Buxton were only cheap reserve players to fill the squad.. But he has wasted money on the likes of Crofts, Porter, Martin etc.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just can't seem to understand how quickly we can go from one the of the best teams in the division to a laughing stock so quickly, essentially with the same team. i must agree though, he brings in some good players with tones of potential and then plays them out of position, im baffled as to why he does that.

Thats exactly what p*ssed me off chatting to my mate coming out of the ground.... just for some nosey f*ckers to dob in with "you weren't moaning when we were winning"...

... well excuse me...

Who the f*** was asking you sonny!

For a start we are not playing the same team that went through the unbeaten run... confidence is at a season low now after 3 humiliating defeats against the scum x 2 and Crawley, not forgetting the League Cup defeat v Crewe back in Sept... making it one of the most embarrassing seasons I can remember in years.:confused:

Our current form started with needlessly playing players out of position and then slating them for not giving a decent performance.. Nothing to do with motivating players, it was such a ridiculous decision that has started this avalanche.

NC had bought in some quality players in Cywka, Bailey, Brayford and Moxey but has individually destroyed them.. They've all played out of position, all been slated for a performance or two and bar Brayford all been dropped...

NC only has himself to blame, he had assembled a squad capable of destroying teams and got us to 4th.. Then the positions and the getting rid of Kuqi and not following up on Fielding is pure amatureish..

The likes of Pingle and Buxton were only cheap reserve players to fill the squad.. But he has wasted money on the likes of Crofts, Porter, Martin etc.

Surely the public criticism is to do with motivation?

I agree that it's a nonsense playing players out of position, but playing Paul Green at right-back shouldn't mean that he suddenly forgets how to kick a football to a white shirt.

Playing players purposely out of position and then criticising their performance will not get them motivated. A lack of motivation leads to a lack of confidence from other players, and it spreads.

Nigel is the architect of his own downfall. As you say, we have a team capable of sitting fourth, and pretty much the same team minus Kuqi and Fielding has now lost 8 in 10, two of those to Forest and another to Crawley Town.

Motivation, tactical decisions, team selection - they're all a mess. And it doesn't really matter where it's gone wrong; the point is, it's gone too far now, and it's nothing to do with money.

Having a go at Nigel for his signings it totally unfair. He's signed good players.

What Nigel's downfall is his ability to motivate players.

Our good run shows we have a play-off team, or atleast the base of one. Our current run of form is deeply worrying, because bar a couple of players, the team in recent weaks was the same team that beat Watford, Palace, Preston and Boro so comprehensively.

Unfortunately the teams you rightly say we have beaten well are the worst teams in this league (bar watford but SillyBilly's prediction is they're form won't last). It's no great measure of things. We struggle against the better sides. I've said this over and over again but we are stagnant. So long as something doesn't change, whether it be players, mentality, manager, board, you name it, this club ain't going nowhere. A few wins on the spin here and a few defeats there has never changed my mind.

If I was to appoint a new manager I'd go for someone that is known for playing football.. The amount of joke long ball merchants out there that are only good for playing survival football for a season or two (Allardyce, Curbishley, Kevin Blackwell) etc.. just don't do it for me..

Off the top of my head these are the best 'footballing managers' out there.

George Burley - would never come back IMO.

Eddie Howe - Just gone to Burnley, so no.

Sean O'Driscall - Would he leave Donny?

Gus Poyet - Think he'll stick it out at Brighton and show loyalty.

Steve Coppell - Retired

Martin O'Niell - We're too small of a club for him

Paulo Sousa - He wouldn't work with this board

Not looking too great is it.

Johnny Metgod for manager!!!

I mentioned that I think he could do a better job than Clough a week or so ago..

It seems that he is responsible for the formation, he's clearly got experience with dealing with quality players from his WC duty..

I'm sure he's also a fan of playing passing football and hopefully he has contacts that stem further than Scotland, League 2 or Burton Albion.

But is his loyalty with NC or with Derby County.. Would he walk away too should NC go?

correct

but it was always a bit of a fluke achieving with 1 up front

Archived