wolves_ram

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
being honest

nigel clough is still my hero

he has scored the most goals EVER for forest

deep down all forest fans love him

i just hope you guys dont bully him out and stick with him:)

I'll close this discussion before I tell you to **** off (oops!).

I'm sticking up for him - you started off by criticising him.

Go and enjoy your night friendlybutdimred...:D

no we have a midtable team. The board have spent money, except most of it is carp from non league nigel. I have actually come from liking the guy to hating him, it is neevr his fault and i just wish he would feck off. He buys dross he has had bailey, brayford and barker work out for him and that is about it.

Watch your mouth, lad. Have a bit of respect, he's our manager, no need for this 'non league Nigel' crap. He could have started in the old First Division if he'd wanted to, but he didn't, he chose Burton so that he could learn his trade properly. Credit to him for doing so.

Most of his signings have worked, very few have failed. If you're p1ssed off then go do something else tonight and come back when you're less annoyed.

Writing rubbish is only going to get people annoyed at you and cards issued to people as an argument inevitably escalates.

Watch your mouth, lad. Have a bit of respect, he's our manager, no need for this 'non league Nigel' crap. He could have started in the old First Division if he'd wanted to, but he didn't, he chose Burton so that he could learn his trade properly. Credit to him for doing so.

Most of his signings have worked, very few have failed. If you're p1ssed off then go do something else tonight and come back when you're less annoyed.

Writing rubbish is only going to get people annoyed at you and cards issued to people as an argument inevitably escalates.

rubbish? really?

oh yes martin, croft, moxey, deeney, buxton, porter, doyle, cywka, roberts have all been raging successes, fact is barker, brayford and bailey are working out but very little else, and he is destroying bailey by not playing him and brayford not bombing forward.

People keep saying that Cloughs signings have worked, I think some of them are good players but many haven't proven any better than what we had before, I really like brayford and bailey, barker is good at what he does which is go and head it all day and I would expect that from a million pound centre half but are moxey, roberts, anderson, buxton, Cywka, martin, croft, pringle and porter any better than what we had before and before you say it I know they are cheaper but I don't see the point in having these back up players who are just that, we may as well have some youth players who can back up the first team for the odd game

I'm sorry Alex but he does raise a number of valid points but I too didn't like the way he wrote them.

The fact is that before he came here he had no experience of football league management apart from watching his great Dad.

Most of his signings have not worked. Barker has not improved our organisation in defence and is very inconsistent. Croft was a flop, as are Martin and Porter. Cywka, Brayford and Bailey have looked great in some games but you can't really say they've worked in making any improvements to results.

its not about Nigel or loyalty to Nigel

its about Derby

...and we've been dumped out of the cups by crewe and crawley, beaten by forest home and away, and we've lost 7 in 9.

oh yes martin, croft, moxey, deeney, buxton, porter, doyle, cywka, roberts have all been raging successes, fact is barker, brayford and bailey are working out but very little else, and he is destroying bailey by not playing him and brayford not bombing forward.

Martin - Worked but we change system. It would have been a success, but hes been unfortunate.

Croft - Failed, agreed. But we'd all have signed him given the chance.

Moxey - Success, one of the better left backs we've had in a while.

Buxton - Success, very cheap cover who gives his all and works well as a backup.

Porter - Looked fantastic, has been unlucky with a very bad injury. This in itself doesn't make it a bad signing, just unlucky.

Doyle - Youth player for the development team who already does a job in the first team. One for the future, so good signing.

Cywka - Success, he's just off form.

Roberts - Has been poor up to now, looked reliable but hasn't managed to perform as he did for Doncaster. The jury is still out, but more of a failure.

Bailey/Brayford/Barker - All clearly a success.

I count two failures. The rest have been good signings.

I can't believe I'm writing the same thing as young ram. I'm in the middle here, do I think Clough is good, no not really, do I think he is bad, no not really either. I thought we were getting somewhere but its totally gone to pot and I do feel Clough is very negative and it rubs off on the players. As soon as we lost a few he seems to have gone back to last seasons percentage football of no mistakes. No one is showing for the ball to feet like early on, the full backs now don't want the ball off the keeper.

I'm sorry Alex but he does raise a number of valid points but I too didn't like the way he wrote them.

The fact is that before he came here he had no experience of football league management apart from watching his great Dad.

Most of his signings have not worked. Barker has not improved our organisation in defence and is very inconsistent. Croft was a flop, as are Martin and Porter. Cywka, Brayford and Bailey have looked great in some games but you can't really say they've worked in making any improvements to results.

Before he came here he had managed for 10 years at Burton, he has managed more games than Billy Davies has. Far more.

Martin isn't a flop, merely unlucky because we switched systems. Porter hasn't been a flop either, hes just suffered a potentially career ending injury and will take time to sort himself out. Neither of these things constitute a flop. Croft did indeed flop.

They have worked hugely in the first part of the season, and will do so again. Brayford and Bailey were decent again today, and Cywka has been decent but needed resting.

Archived