The way forward?

davenportram

Hoofball is often the resort of a team that's lost confidence-not sure it's a policy.It'll particularly happen when there's no movement in midfield,to accept the ball in good positions.When confidence was high,there was no problem in this direction-they all wanted the ball and moved to accept it.

Nigel's remit was to dismantle the squad and bring in younger players.This was always likely to be a side effect,as he's not been allowed to bring in quality,established players to augment this.

My mind goes back to Barker,when he was actually allowed to sign someone decent and established.Pearson said Nigel had a budget plus trading.From memory,Tito and Nyatanga were sold (Mears?) for a decent amount.Some of us looked at this and realised that 1p + trading didn't even come close to realising the promise made by Pearson.Ever since that window,all transactions have been of the 'undisclosed' variety (bar the frees).I wonder why?

i agree with your first two paragraphs, but when the manager openly states we are in survival mode the it is possible that hoofball is the policy.

what has undisclosed fees got to do with a discussion about formations? this has been discussed many times, and there is a thread talking about transfers looking around the league already open.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i agree with your first two paragraphs, but when the manager openly states we are in survival mode the it is possible that hoofball is the policy.

what has undisclosed fees got to do with a discussion about formations? this has been discussed many times, and there is a thread talking about transfers looking around the league already open.

The thread title is "The way forward" and your opening line is "Something has to change,but what?"

I say that what has to change is that Nigel is given sufficient funds to get a couple of decent,experienced Championship players to assist our younger players.I also say that it's a bit of a coincidence that everything is now undisclosed,and as part of the way forward I suggest that we're told what fees are,so we can judge if any real net investment is in fact being made.

If you want a thread concentrating on formations,then indicate this in your thread title.I'm commenting on "The way forward" and am perfectly entitled to say what I think is this way.

but ramblur the whole of my post was talking about the formation, and the replies focussed on formation too.

It's irrelevant what your post concentrated on-this was your view of the way forward and others of us might feel that the way forward should concentrate on things other than formation.Uttoxeter (rightly in my opinion) commented on injuries and loss of form as being contributors to our current predicament.No talk of formations there,and no wielding of your new found truncheon.I'm already starting to wonder if (as on the DET) we've now got to work out if a mod is posting as a mod or a normal poster.

Why didn't you start a thread asking if a change of formation was the way forward?Perhaps if you had,I might have modified my post.

It's irrelevant what your post concentrated on-this was your view of the way forward and others of us might feel that the way forward should concentrate on things other than formation.Uttoxeter (rightly in my opinion) commented on injuries and loss of form as being contributors to our current predicament.No talk of formations there,and no wielding of your new found truncheon.I'm already starting to wonder if (as on the DET) we've now got to work out if a mod is posting as a mod or a normal poster.

Why didn't you start a thread asking if a change of formation was the way forward?Perhaps if you had,I might have modified my post.

If i had his moderating truncheon, i would have hit you with it for being patronising and ignoring the fact he quite clearly didn't want to get in a financial discussion.

I remember the win last season that stopped forest going up. :D

Early on Mceverley miskicked right in front of the East stand. Instead of booing, the whole stand seemed to roar encouragement and the bloke never put a foot wrong for the rest of the game.

Remember how ****-scared Gunter was when he bounced the ball on his head. Jay Mc was invincible.

The fans did that. If it had'nt been forest we'd of groaned and he'd of had a 'mare.

Moan all you want chaps, sometimes you need to help yourselves.

Agree with this whole-heartedly. Derby fans never blame themselves do they? But at the moment we need to be behind the team as much as we can, not booing after 5 minutes and 3 misplaced passes.

Woah, he put a jokey thread in about formation. Henceforth I presumed he wanted to talk about on the field matters, not every thread needs to degenerate into a finances thread. There are many of those, not as many about actual on the pitch discussions.

I thought it was clearly change on the pitch that he was talking about, as evidenced by the article he mocked up. And there's no need for the 'new found truncheon' comment neither. Play nice :)

Do we have to talk about Dav's truncheon, I'm sure it's a very nice truncheon and does the job.....I have got a bigger truncheon tho, we compared each others in the mod room earlier.

Lets get experts in both for each of you.

ladyram for Davenport, YR for you :)

Blimey Ramblur, you can be such a bitch :p

Woah, he put a jokey thread in about formation. Henceforth I presumed he wanted to talk about on the field matters, not every thread needs to degenerate into a finances thread. There are many of those, not as many about actual on the pitch discussions.

I thought it was clearly change on the pitch that he was talking about, as evidenced by the article he mocked up. And there's no need for the 'new found truncheon' comment neither. Play nice :)

Actually,it was change on the pitch that I was talking about too.I don't think a change of formation represents the way forward,and as I'm not allowed to say what I do think is the way forward,I'll leave it at that.

Purely from memory,I can remember Davenport attempting to pull apart the bid made by Gadsby's consortium recently.I'm sure this had nothing at all to do with the thread title,or the first post therein.I've no doubt there are other examples for other posters.All I ask for is consistency.

Do you keep notes on who said what Ramblur?:)

et tu brute?I do keep mental notes (and archives) on what some people say-for posters it's just mental notes though.:D

Archived