Clough on Ramsplayer

davenportram

Nigel has done an interview on Rams Player which is now online.

Not had chacne to listen to it all because I am going to work. On key thing I did hear was if Addison had no adverse reaction to 90 minutes at Crawley (physically) they will play him on Saturday. He also for the first time I can remember said he would love to see him in midfield, looks like he is the one to replace Sav when he goes.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Brayford will stay at CB?

I hope he will bring Leacock back.

Yes, Deano had a **** game at F*rest but he is not RB.

When will Nigel play players on their normal positions?

Leacock has been dire for a while.

Maybe hes learnt his lesson, maybe Nigel is tired of him and wants rid. We don't know.

I am happier with the set up currently even if we lose Brayfords attacking edge as we, aside from a penalty, have kept the ball out of the net in open play. We weren't doing this before.

When we have a competent CB to partner Barker, move Brayford back, until then stick with it how it is.

I still don't think the back line works with Brayford at CB and Green at RB. You lose the effectiveness of two positions (midfield and RB) to cover one position. Yes Leacock had some bad games on the bounce, but in some games he's been better than Barker. Barker's not playing great but is kept in, same with Bywater he was put back at No1 instead of keeping Fielding on loan. I would prefer people in their most effective positions especially if they're one of our best players.

I am happier with Brayford at right back too, but Leacock cost us goals in a few matches and generally wasn't performing. His game at Forest was a debacle.

I don't think Clough trusts him, and though it hinders us going forward at the moment, keeping the ball out of our own net is the bigger concern at the moment IMO.

But Leacock played at RB against Forest and Brayford at CB. Others have cost us goals in the past, Savage, Barker, Roberts. I understand the reasoning but we need attacking full backs. I wouldn't move Commons to compensate for Savage (for example) as you'd lose the threat of Commons.

P.S. Alex do you ever sleep?

But Leacock played at RB against Forest and Brayford at CB. Others have cost us goals in the past, Savage, Barker, Roberts. I understand the reasoning but we need attacking full backs. I wouldn't move Commons to compensate for Savage (for example) as you'd lose the threat of Commons.

P.S. Alex do you ever sleep?

He did play there, so he deserves a little lee-way, but there are few times where a fan can say "I could do a better job" and the sentence have an validity at all, but in this case I imagine a few of us could have. He even did the basics wrong, he didn't seem to be at the races whatsoever.

My reasoning comes from the fact that we look more solid, even if we were lucky not to concede against Millwall. As good attacking wise as we are with Brayford in his natural position, I would prefer him to stick at CB until we have someone other than Leacock to partner with Barker.

Having said that it might be worth trying Leacock again away from home, less daunting for him to come back into the side. If he's still as he was though, Watford will put more than three goals past us with his form as it is.

And I sleep a little, I have the general rule of 'I'll sleep when i'm dead'.

When is Anderson due back too full fitness? Or Buxton?

Anderson is back in training or will be this week.

Buxton is getting back to his normal self, it's not totally unlikely that he'll play a part at the weekend. Still slightly off it though.

But although we were more solid again Millwall we seemed to play like last season rather than this season, we lost a lot from our game. When we were playing well at home we won because the opposition had to think about us attacking rather than us just being solid. Away from home, yes I see it, at home no. The idea, I thought, was to get consistency in the back 4 line-up so players knew how to play their role. There is fluidity in the final 3rd with players being moved but the rest of the team know their role. Like I say, I understand why it happened but I think, after trying it, we lose too much from playing that back 4. Could O'Brien not get a look in at CB? Worth a try surely? (I'm not trying to say I know better than Nigel, but this is what we do as fans - I know someone would say that eventually so thought I'd make sure that's clear).

But although we were more solid again Millwall we seemed to play like last season rather than this season, we lost a lot from our game. When we were playing well at home we won because the opposition had to think about us attacking rather than us just being solid. Away from home, yes I see it, at home no. The idea, I thought, was to get consistency in the back 4 line-up so players knew how to play their role. There is fluidity in the final 3rd with players being moved but the rest of the team know their role. Like I say, I understand why it happened but I think, after trying it, we lose too much from playing that back 4. Could O'Brien not get a look in at CB? Worth a try surely? (I'm not trying to say I know better than Nigel, but this is what we do as fans - I know someone would say that eventually so thought I'd make sure that's clear).

I put alot of it down to Bywater coming in for Fielding. The defence was settled, and Fielding is a very commanding and vocal player. Bywater is not, the defence don't trust him. He's a liability, and with that comes nerves.

The defence had been settled for a while, yet the slump happened with those same players in the side. The players still know their role, and I think Cywka will find his form again once Brayford is back with him, but for now Green at RB and Brayford at CB does a job for us. We need a CB back in soon, but while the side is in a bit of a mess this will do.

Don't worry, I think it is a bit of us all thinking we could run a side, and we all have our own opinions. O'Brien isn't ready I don't think, I reckon the end of this season when we're safe and if we're neitehr pushing for promotion or anywhere near relegation then he'll get a run in the side.

Stop going after Leacock... Look at Barker. He made a "babymistake" again at Crayley. I learn to cope with a long ball from the goalkeeper when I was 10 years old and at 12 my coach would kill me for a mistake like his. I Think, Barker is to blame for more goals than Leacock this season.

I am not saying Leacock have played well this season, but if I had played with Barker in central-defence this season I would have been a nervewreck.

I think one reason for Leacocks problems with playing this season is the fact that Clough has asked him to play more aggressively and not Just "hold the line". I remember the promotionseason: It was Darren Moores job to win the first ball and Leacocks job to stay back. This season its often Leacocks job to win the ball at the oppenent half a lot of times.

Our defensive part of midfield is not good enough too. There is NO Seth Johnson. Not even close. This makes it a lot harder to play in center of defence.

Give Leacock a fresh start or sell him, Mr. Clough.

Interview he did for radio derby today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9362130.stm

Derby have been promised a striker for next week and also a centre half in the next 10 days (he has a knock at the mo so needs to get fit)

I heard, sounds promising, good to hear there is activity behind the scenes.

The does sound like Glenn Loovens could be the defender, he's recently been injured and in the past few days started training fully again

Would love it to be Loovens, dismissed it initially as I thought his wages would be too much, but if they're willing to let us get a good deal on the wages with a loan deal then we should be ok :)

Be fantastic if we get him, i'm a huge admirer of the bloke. Exactly the sort of player I would want as one of my centre backs.

I really hope these things come off, we really need some new faces and even indifferent start a few wins we are still back in the mix and plenty of sides have had good runs at the end and sneaked in the play offs. 3 or 4 good signing would make a big difference matched with the return of addison and maybe davies.

I am happier with Brayford at right back too, but Leacock cost us goals in a few matches and generally wasn't performing. His game at Forest was a debacle.

I don't think Clough trusts him, and though it hinders us going forward at the moment, keeping the ball out of our own net is the bigger concern at the moment IMO.

everyone at forest was awful and he was playing the lad rb, he had a bad run of form and should have kept with him, he has done with pearson etc.

Archived