Clough on Ramsplayer

davenportram

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he said there was a bid and if it is 250 k then it aint going to be anywhere near enough, notts county won't sell their top asset cheap. He said clubs had promised us a cb and a striker so they are both loans.

yes they probably are both loans. but you said you were looking for a permanent signing and Clough says we have a bid in for a permanent player, I don't see why your disappointed, there's a good chance your getting what you want

yes they probably are both loans. but you said you were looking for a permanent signing and Clough says we have a bid in for a permanent player, I don't see why your disappointed, there's a good chance your getting what you want

my point was if we bid 250k which is what is reported we aren't going to get his left leg for that, and i would prefer to be further down the line with the permanent than loans, these crawley and forest defeats have woken the board and nigel up i think for new players though.

my point was if we bid 250k which is what is reported we aren't going to get his left leg for that, and i would prefer to be further down the line with the permanent than loans, these crawley and forest defeats have woken the board and nigel up i think for new players though.

haven't seen 250k reported anywhere, got a link?

Clough said in the interview that as is normal in transfer practice, "we bid low, they ask for high, we meet somewhere in the middle". He then said that he was pretty sure that the transfer would go through

for notts star player they won't budge unless for a good big price. Also we aren't always successful, sometimes you have to pay a lot for players this will be one of those instances I think.

for notts star player they won't budge unless for a good big price. Also we aren't always successful, sometimes you have to pay a lot for players this will be one of those instances I think.

What exactly would you pay for him? I personally would be against paying anything much more than £400,000. Too much of a risk to pay more imo

What exactly would you pay for him? I personally would be against paying anything much more than £400,000. Too much of a risk to pay more imo

well then we won't get the lad, notts county don't have to sell and he has 18 months to run on his deal. If he is as influential as they claim he won't go for anything less than 900-1.1 million. I would bid 600k and then say goodbye.

well then we won't get the lad, notts county don't have to sell and he has 18 months to run on his deal. If he is as influential as they claim he won't go for anything less than 900-1.1 million. I would bid 600k and then say goodbye.

Then you wouldn't either, according to your pricing. I really hope that the club stand by their policy of not overpaying for players

Then you wouldn't either, according to your pricing. I really hope that the club stand by their policy of not overpaying for players

I know personally I wouldn't want to pay that kind of money for him, I think sometimes you have to push boat out and that is ok. There is a difference between spending a little over and doing a portsmouth spending 90 million and paying 60k a week which no one has advocated.

I know personally I wouldn't want to pay that kind of money for him, I think sometimes you have to push boat out and that is ok. There is a difference between spending a little over and doing a portsmouth spending 90 million and paying 60k a week which no one has advocated.

One leads to the other imo, you start getting held to ransom by clubs which makes transfer so much harder to push through. I wouldn't pay a penny over what I think he is worth

One leads to the other imo, you start getting held to ransom by clubs which makes transfer so much harder to push through. I wouldn't pay a penny over what I think he is worth

not always it doesn't, if you pay a couple of hundred grand over then that's ok, but never going over your valuation and you may just end up with bargain basement deals.

not always it doesn't, if you pay a couple of hundred grand over then that's ok, but never going over your valuation and you may just end up with bargain basement deals.

the word bargain suggests that you get a player at a price cheaper than what he's worth, I'm happy with that. If the player wasn't good enough you wouldn't be going for him in the first player, so it's good players for cheap prices

the word bargain suggests that you get a player at a price cheaper than what he's worth, I'm happy with that. If the player wasn't good enough you wouldn't be going for him in the first player, so it's good players for cheap prices

ok then just basement, gettind of jay for roberts? I was against it at the start and have been proven that he is carp, some signings, bailey, brayford only ones i can think off top of my head have been really consistently good. Moxey has been ok as well.

speculate to accumulate sometimes especially if that player will make a real difference.

In other words you are saying 'gamble'. Better to set out a workable business plan and work to it. The value of a player to Derby is what Derby say, not what the selling clubs says.

Archived