Ryan Harley - Exeter City

Subman

Hidden in the Savage to Bristol City thread on the Bristol site was a supposedly informed contribution stating that

With regards Ryan Harley, he turned down Derby, they offered him £8k a week and quarter mill signing on. He wanted to stay in the west country as he recently had a kid.

No idea if true, you would like to think that this offer would have tempted the lad, but no mention of fee to Exeter (I believe he is out of contract in the summer)

We would have known about a bid, for definite. I posted on the thread, to me that's rubbish intended to make Bristol fans think he's more than likely going there.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if he has had a kid however his long term girlfriend lives and works in Bristol. Over the weekend I spoke to some Exeter fans who seem to think he's looking to join Bristol City in the summer when he is a free agent. Didn’t hear anything about a bid although if he’s being offered 8k a week that would be a massive jump in wages as I hear he is currently on 2k or less at present (Allegedly).

Hidden in the Savage to Bristol City thread on the Bristol site was a supposedly informed contribution stating that

With regards Ryan Harley, he turned down Derby, they offered him £8k a week and quarter mill signing on. He wanted to stay in the west country as he recently had a kid.

No idea if true, you would like to think that this offer would have tempted the lad, but no mention of fee to Exeter (I believe he is out of contract in the summer)

Hi chaps, just thought I'd pop on to see if there is anything on this savage rumour.

I posted this on the City forum, and it is true. Ryans half brother is a good friend of mine, and was chatting to him the other week. Ryan still lives just outside of Bristol (Portishead), and wants to stay down South at the bit.

Derby pretty much offered to quadruple his wages, but he is holding fire at the bit.

As it stands, Bristol City have not made any kind of approach for him either

flippin eck....can't see us stumping up 250,000 signing on fee for anyone, if there has been an approach I suspect the lads embelished the terms a tad.

possibly, but I dont know if this is to sign him now, or on a free transfer end of the season. If its the end of the season, whoever gets him will have to pay that as a few clubs will be sniffing round and it will start a bidding war

Archived