Glenn Loovens - Celtic

Ambitious

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/derby-county-eyeing-celtic-s-loovens-1359161?

would be very pleased if this came off, is an absolute cracking player and who happens to be a dutch international.

I can't see a player of this calibre coming to Derby, however it is not all that unrealistic with Kevin Wilson making the move to Celtic, so fingers very tightly crossed!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't believe a thing you read on tribal football Ambitious, they claimed Pavluychenko was on his way to Leicester last season in January.

tribal football is just an outlet for newspaper stories, so it's likely to have come from mail, mirror, times..etc

I don't really read to much into rumours as 90% of them are false, however this one is about a rumour of a good player.. even though logic would dictate that a) wages would be too much b) he would get a better offer elsewhere and c) he just wouldn't want to come to Derby.

but who cares about logic when it's the big January shop!

As much as I would like it to be true Ambitious, I just can't see him coming here.

I think someone has seen that Derby are light defensively and have a deadline to meet.

Would be a top player for us, he's a great player, but this can't be true.

As much as I would like it to be true Ambitious, I just can't see him coming here.

I think someone has seen that Derby are light defensively and have a deadline to meet.

do agree, does seem a bit of a change from Nigels usual suspects.

with out a doubt the biggest named signing since Nigels arrival and probably biggest wage packet to boot, think he'll be on around 15-20 thousand at Celtic.

Kevin Wilson has been offered 21, and in all honesty.. he is SH:DT

i'm not sure that Nigel has much of a scouting network altho I'd be delighted to be wrong

but there hasn't been much fanfare as to who is the chief scout, and at one time it was suggested that this brother was doing the scouting.

it wasn't until i read the ron jukes autobiography that i realised how much managers like mackay, cox and mcfarland relied on the chief scout to find players for them

the arrivals of bueno, brayford and kuqi weren't via the scouting network but came via a other routes . Apparently numerous members of the back room team went to watch brayford at crewe and reported on bailey. Nigel was doing his own scouting at Notts County v Dagenham and at Hamilton Accies last year. And in his recent interview he admittted that they had hadn't looked at any strikers other than Moore, and he didn't seem to know who Will Hoskins was - unless that was a very convincing bluff.

any thoughts?

Ambitious, I agree on Wilson, or atleast that he's not good enough for Celtic! Not sure what they see in him. He had a very good season last season, but he's nothing special.

I'm not sure Ramnut, I think he could probably use a decent scout who knows outside England though. I suppose Metgod will be used as that man.

I personally try to keep a 'Jeff Stelling' knowledge of almost every player in the Football League and a few below it, and i'm just a wannabe journalist. I think Nigel knows alot more than he lets on. He must do.

it seems to me as though you are over estimating the SPL massively. any player who is impressive in a top championship team (Wilson) is not only good enough for Celtic but would also be one of their better players

Loovens is a far better player than Wilson, and yet he can't get in their squad, so to think that he can't get into their side and yet Wilson would is difficult to believe.

Loovens is a far better player than Wilson, and yet he can't get in their squad, so to think that he can't get into their side and yet Wilson would is difficult to believe.

I don't think he is tbh, I've seen him quite a few times while he's been up here and he's looked fairly poor. not sure how he doesn't get his game though because he is certainly better than the other **** that they have

I don't think he is tbh, I've seen him quite a few times while he's been up here and he's looked fairly poor. not sure how he doesn't get his game though because he is certainly better than the other **** that they have

Worth noting that Loovens was actually considered the better half of the dominant pair that led cardiff to the FA cup final. He got a 2.5million move to Celtic and has played in 60+ of their games in the past 3 years, I wouldn't call him a dud, I would certainly be delighted to see him in a Derby shirt.

I'm not sure Ramnut, I think he could probably use a decent scout who knows outside England though. I suppose Metgod will be used as that man.

-

i think metgods involvement was a 1 off with bueno

he can't be watching players as he's sat in our dug out.

just read a bit that makes it a possibility.

'Loovens has struggled to get regular game time under Neil Lennon and has not played since the League Cup quarter-final win over St Johnstone on October 27 although some of that time has been due to a knee injury which he has almost recovered from.'

Injured, so yep, bring him in.

Good player though,when he is fit.:D

however just seen this.

Cardiff City want axed Celtic defender Glenn Loovens back  and are prepared to offer former skipper Mark Hudson in a straight swap deal.

Sportsmail sources in the Welsh capital say Bluebirds manager Dave Jones has set his sights on five new players in January following a takeover by Malaysian businessmen.

And top of his list is Loovens, after the Dutchman was dropped from Celtic’s first team last month.

ah well:rolleyes:

however just seen this.

Cardiff City want axed Celtic defender Glenn Loovens back — and are prepared to offer former skipper Mark Hudson in a straight swap deal.

Sportsmail sources in the Welsh capital say Bluebirds manager Dave Jones has set his sights on five new players in January following a takeover by Malaysian businessmen.

And top of his list is Loovens, after the Dutchman was dropped from Celtic’s first team last month.

ah well:rolleyes:

I would love Derby to be able to come out and say 'WE WANT 5 PLAYERS' seems a huge contrast from Cloughs line 'in an ideal world we want 3 players' seems almost contempt with the fact we aren't going to do much this month, in terms of improvement. I would be massively shocked if anyone came in on a permanent basis, well anyone for more than half the money we sold Hulse for.

EDIT!

just seen this, I just can understand the thinking behind these people.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/01/03/it-s-time-for-dave-jones-to-says-nathan-blake-91466-27922495/?

calls for Jones to be sacked as Cardiff City manager!

do agree, does seem a bit of a change from Nigels usual suspects.

with out a doubt the biggest named signing since Nigels arrival and probably biggest wage packet to boot, think he'll be on around 15-20 thousand at Celtic.

Kevin Wilson has been offered 21, and in all honesty.. he is SH:DT

Is it the same Kevin Wilson that's Trig's mate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b65Zf6r-RE

Celtic's 27-year-old Dutch defender Glenn Loovens has been linked with the Rams but the former Cardiff City player is just one of a number of defenders on Clough's list.

"I think he is out injured for about three weeks. Until he is fit, nothing can be done anyway," said Clough.

Archived